276°
Posted 20 hours ago

A Change of Circumstance: Discover the million-copy bestselling Simon Serrailler series (Simon Serrailler, 11)

£10£20.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Meanwhile, Cat Deerbon, Serrailler’s physician daughter, becomes overly involved in the lives of her patients. Her novels and short stories have won the Whitbread Book, Somerset Maugham, and John Llewellyn Rhys awards; received the Yorkshire Post Book of the Year; and have been shortlisted for the Man Booker Prize. You must contact us at once if your circumstances change, or you could have to repay an overpayment, a fine or face prosecution. If you delay in notifying us of this change, you may miss out on receiving additional Housing Benefit/Council Tax reduction.

However, I did find the policing aspect just a little clunky and preachy; at one point the Chief Constable gives a long and rather sententious speech to his officers, after which, one comments, “Didn’t have the chief down for a rallying-cry-before-battle sort of guy, did you? There is something about these Serrailler novels that is infinitely pleasant: they are comfortable reads, reassuring in some way. It didn't feel it was finished, perhaps the story will continue into the next book and Simon' s story was a little too neat and tidy at the end. It’s a harsh winter in Lafferton, and with struggles both at home and on the job, Serrailler soon learns that even the familiar can hold shocking surprises.As ever, she is the only competent, caring doctor in the book and is surprised when the overworked worn down nurses at the hospital don't appreciate her pointing out all the things they are doing wrong. The following description made me laugh out loud, "He was bald, having shaved his head so often the hair had eventually abandoned hope. When you apply for Housing Benefit / Council Tax Reduction, you will sign a declaration which confirms that you will tell us of any change in your personal circumstances which may affect the payment of your claim. The small-time dealers picked up outside the local high school can��t or won’t turn in any valuable names, so they’re merely given a fine and the trail runs cold. DCS Serrailler has been aware for some time that there is an underlying drugs problem in prosperous Lafferton and the surrounding villages of Bevham and Starly.

Simon's personal life just doesn't interest me much any more , especially his miraculous volte face at the end - but there's more than enough good stuff here to keep Hill in the game. If you’re a committed reader of this series, then you’re probably invested enough to care about Simon’s domestic circumstances, his sister’s kids’ careers and love lives, and the endless ‘will he, won’t he’ saga of his own commitment issues, but I’m not and I didn’t. This time around we also get a bit of Cat's children, mostly Sam, a young man still trying to find what his life's work should be, while navigating a romance that has clearly gotten by him. Most purchases from business sellers are protected by the Consumer Contract Regulations 2013 which give you the right to cancel the purchase within 14 days after the day you receive the item.Chapter two went from 4 to 7, three covered two-thirds of pages 8 and 9, four was two and a third pages long. The death of a young man from a heroin overdose drives British author Hill’s choppy 11th novel featuring Det. When you make a claim you will be told which changes must be reported and how long you have to report the change. But, even if you don't have all the information, it is still best to report the change as soon as possible.

And it is pretty much inevitable if the main characters of your novel are a doctor and a police officer in a rural community. So it gets two stars for those; but the main character is just a dork and I don't want to spend any more time with him. For more crime associated with a cathedral city, you might like to try The Distant Dead by Lesley Thomson. No rich details, no deep thought, no passion (and by that I mean the passion of words, not physical passion). The one joy of Simon Serrailler novels was the author’s ability to let the reader immerse themselves in the world within the pages, to allow the words to draw you in and fill your mind with rich descriptions and sounds and scents.

Changes in your circumstances can affect how much you’re paid for your whole assessment period - not just from the date you report them. If the change would give you less Council Tax Reduction, this will be recovered through a change to your Council Tax bill.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment