276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Fat Bloke on a Bike: An Unlikely Adventure

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Finance is provided by PayPal Credit (a trading name of PayPal UK Ltd, Whittaker House, Whittaker Avenue, Richmond-Upon-Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom, TW9 1EH).

We don’t share your credit card details with third-party sellers, and we don’t sell your information to others. The story demonstrates that even within just one week's travel you can face so much beauty and adversity.Well, firstly, unless the seat is already at the correct height, adjust it to more or less the height you think it should be using rack-of-eye, and check it by maybe pedalling round for a bit, then re-adjusting as necessary until it’s right. But then, as we all know, reliance upon common sense doesn’t necessarily stand up in court when it comes to an injuries claim! The other thing is that the front wheel needs supporting at the right height too, or you will end up cycling in a nose-dive position.

A more ‘professional’ way might be to remove the rear wheel – but that would obviously take a bit more effort. The fate of the original pedals was sealed following the folding pedal breaking in mid-thrust – not a pretty sight. Number Two: Decathlon Riverside 3 "womans" frame with GSM mid-motor, external KT 15+ A S06SC torque simulation sine wave controller - http://www. On a more technical level, a couple of months ago I fitted some Shimano, single-sided SPD pedals to my Brompton on account of my feet constantly slipping off the original pedals.And at the risk of being labelled a fair-weather-biker, cycling in the wind and rain is no fun, and if anything, more of a disincentive than a useful means of getting race-fit.

Except that, if you fit a ‘skewered’ Brompton to an unmodified trainer, the roller will not meet the wheel as it is designed for a 26″ wheel or greater. The only word of warning is that which is printed on the removable sticker you will find on the underside of the main pad. If you need more than three fingers to fill the gap, you can add up to four more below using your other hand. I haven’t tried the cord idea but I suspect that there would be problems with it trailing and getting snagged on things when the seat is dropped, and wrapping it up each time would probably become a bit of an annoyance after a while. So having predicted this likely scenario, I had planned the routes to and from my various destinations in advance, with the intention of taking the backstreets and designated cycleways as much as possible.

But alas, as with many Brompton related tasks and modifications, simple and straight-forward it is not. The reason, as before: pressure of work and continued bad weather resulting in a serious lack of inspiration.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment