276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Yushoi Variety Baked Pea Snaps, 6 x 21g

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

They're almost indistinguishable from the outside, but the Magnum a lot more chocolaty (Image: WalesOnline) Important to note here, lowest syn by bag just means how much you’ll spend there and then – it does not give an indication of how efficient or calorie dense they are, instead look at the syns per gram and the syn score to find that out. Crisps come in different bag sizes which usually means the smaller the bag the less syns they are worth! 5 low syns per gram crisps

The crisps with the lowest syns by bag are Yushoi Pea (4.5), French Fries (4.7), Pom Bears (4.8), Walkers Pops (5.1) and Space Raiders (6.2).SynScore– When all brands of crisps’ syns per gram are standardised, this is the resulting syn score which shows who much better or worse than the ‘best’ low syn crisp. This table has the following values: Syns, Weight, Calories, Syns per gram, SynScore and SynRank. Here’s what they mean: In other words, peas can provide non-meat eaters with vital minerals and vitamins in higher quantities than many other vegetables. Our Lightly Salted, Sweet Chilli & Lemon and Smoked Salt & Szechuan Pepper are Soya Bean Free however please note our Soy & Balsamic Version is NOT Soya Free. But what is that about those little green balls that’s so good? Why have we suddenly gone mad for a vegetable that our parents, grandparents and great-grandparents grew up eating?

Syns per gram– How many syns per gram of weight are in that bag of crisps. Syns per gram will always be the same no matter what size of bag you have and a good indication of ‘syn efficiency. Speak to anyone on a highly fibrous, low-fat diet and they’ll tell you that they eat peas almost every day. It seems like a vegetable which was once the preserve of kids’ teas and fish shops is now the new broccoli. However, many lookalike items are still on offer, with Neo biscuits, Malt Wheaties and Snaktastic crisps available on the shelves alongside Oreos, Shreddies and Pringles. But while there's certainly very little difference in appearance, how would they fare against each other in a taste test? I headed down to Lidl in Cathays, Cardiff, to fill my basket and find out for myself.Since opening its first UK store more than 25 years ago, Lidl has become famous for a number of things, including its much-loved bakery, its weird and wonderful middle aisle and, of course, its bargain prices.

If you fancy a real treat, I'd recommend splashing out for a Magnum or two - but it's worth knowing that there's a cheaper alternative that's just as indulgent on the shelf below.But another thing that the supermarket - which aims to open 140 new branches in the UK in the next two years - has become synonymous with is its copycat products, which at first glance are almost indistinguishable from some original family favourites. Green Peas are used in all of them. which makes them a great source of healthy protein and fibre. You really can't taste the peas except for very slightly in the lightly salted ones, but it is not at all unpleasant. So, next time you're in Lidl, maybe consider swapping your Oreos for a Neo - I know I certainly will. I went into this thinking that the original products were inevitably going to be the nicest - after all, they're tried and tested, with some of them popular around the world and they are unlikely to have cut as many corners as Lidl to keep the costs down.

And they’re also full of manganese – crucial for healthy bone structure, the absorption of calcium, regulation of thyroid gland, blood sugar level, metabolising fats and carbs – as well as magnesium, phosphorous, iron and potassium.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment