276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Guerlain Cologne L'Homme Ideal Eau de Toilette Spray For Him, 100 ml

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The fragrance has of course retained the typical DNA of the original. What changes is the underground. A pleasant citric freshness accompanies the ideal DNA. Especially grapefruit and bergamot provide a noble and slightly bitter freshness. This freshness meets a beautiful sweet DNA that is not cheap. An almond note is very present from the beginning. What should also be mentioned is that this is a fragrance without a large gradient. The freshness is maintained for a very long time and the heart and base notes also start early. Towards the end it becomes more aromatic with lots of musk. Otherwise the fragrance remains very similar from beginning to end. Looking through my haul of fragrance samples, I noticed that I had two scents with the L’Homme Ideal moniker. They had two separate colored sprayers and information cards but I really didn’t know if there was a difference. It turns out that L’Homme Ideal (the subject of this review) has a flanker fragrance called L’Homme Ideal Cologne…yes, they just added the word cologne to it. Anyways, I grabbed the original, and decided to wear it around for purposes of this review. I’m going to cover all of the usual stuff in this post, how it smells, performs, when it should be worn, etc. Please continue reading below for my full take. The bottle is pretty and in summery white. Guerlain is always very stylish and noble when it comes to flacon design. Releasing a heavy fragrance as a fresher summer variant has been in vogue for several years now. I have to say: I like heavy DNA's in a slightly fresher robe, like Spicebomb, La Nuit de L'Homme, Code, Dior Homme and some more. Converting such DNA's into summer scents isn't even that easy. However, I find such scents great for milder summer days and summer evenings/nights without the great heat.

After I have now already virtually all Hommes Idéales know- and mostly also appreciate, and although they look like the Power Rangers lined up next to each other in the bathroom shelf, I would like to complete my statement to the green but still with a few words. I put me at this point something out of the window and claim that this fragrance is a hybrid of L'Homme Idéal Cologne and Guerlain Homme Eau de Parfum, although the influence of the latter appears significantly lower, but in my opinion quite present. Extreme is actually pretty similar to the others, with the standard nutty almond note, but paired with fruity notes such as plum. Quite tart to me, rather than sweet, early on. Add to that, Ideal Extreme has spicy notes and a tobacco finish. Still dry fruity sweet, but not overly sugary or unbearable.This top note remains surprisingly long for a cologne and is supplemented over time by the typical almond, which is on a low flame in comparison to EdT and EdP. It does not play the leading role, but harmoniously accompanies the character of the fragrance, accompanied by a hint of neroli. The whole thing is bedded on a base that, unlike EdT/EdP, is not difficult, but pleasant and slightly fluffy in the form of a light musk gives an interesting depth. Vetiver, as listed here, I don't smell any. I mostly love fragrances that have a stable, rich, high-dose base. But it is not always easy as a perfumer to create an intense base without losing the top and heart notes or neglecting the desired effect thanks to a present base. Of course, it always depends on whether and which part of the fragrance pyramid the perfumers (have to) set as a focus. So it is with great satisfaction that I appraise my empty 50ml (quite nice) bottle of Guerlain L'Homme Ideal Cologne, and bid it a long overdue farewell.

Notes include: almond, citrus , leather, tonka bean, bitter orange, orange blossom, vetiver, and cedar Guerlain L’Homme Ideal EDT Spray for Men, 1.6 Ounce – Ideal EDT seems pretty underrated here in the number 4 spot, because it is a very enjoyable fragrance to wear. The almond does not come alone, but accompanied by the "aquatic notes". Don't worry, because these notes are subtle and at least they don't wake up a shower gel feeling in me.

Being a persistent guy I tried the flankers but always have been disappointed by that same dam cherry/wood accord being in all of them, I suppose as it should be, and I shouldn't have been surprised. But then it was Turin's review of Cologne in the more recent 2018 guide that caught my attention, he mentioned grapefruit and vetiver as the main accord and so recently I took a punt and got a 50ml FB blind, slightly worried that I'll be put off by the vetiver or it having that original accord. Jean-Paul Guerlain is the grandson of Jacques Guerlain. He first assisted, and then created his first "solo" offering, the now-famous Vetiver (1959). His other well-known creations include Habit Rouge, Chamade, Eau de Guerlain and Nahema. To this well-known Neroli almond, which we already found in L'Homme Idéal Cologne, joins here namely a citrus mint, which gives the overall picture a tangy, almost limonade-like, slightly sweet touch, without being cheesy and too synthetic. The DNA of the Ideal series, especially the Colognes, lives on here so noticeably.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment