276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Police: The compelling tenth Harry Hole novel from the No.1 Sunday Times bestseller (Harry Hole, 10)

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

There is someone killing police officers. That person is killing them at the scenes of previous murders that wen't unsolved. The murders are brutal. The person is bludgeoned almost beyond recognition and then killed.

Oh, and did I mention that there are several love stories running throughout the book? Yup, four love stories to hold more interest. During a recent talk, the writer primarily describes himself as an "entertainer" and this is precisely what Police does. This book is impossible to put down, it's difficult to leave the world of Nesbo"s astonishing imagination. So be warned: life simply goes on hold! The deeper theme Nesbo deftly works is that of injustice. The killer is obsessed with unsolved cases. Why are some murders more important to the police than others? How much of an injustice is it when nobody is caught for a heinous crime? If a prisoner is killed in his cell shouldn’t the police investigate it with the same diligence as they would the murder of an innocent child? What are the consequences when they don’t? Boasts the customary ability to render attempts at work and sleep futile until it is finished Jake Kerridge, Daily Telegraph

Boasts the customary ability to render attempts at work and sleep futile until it is finished" -- Jake Kerridge * Daily Telegraph *

After Phantom, I was curious to see how dark the follow up would be, but this is possibly the best in the series yet. I made the mistake of reading Police in just a few days - in fact this is much too fast. Since re-reading the book, I discovered that I'd missed the odd subtle sentence, hidden nuggets of information shining a light on plot development - or not! Furthermore there is a a tiny diamond secreted in her eyelid in the shape of a pentagram. Harry must drag himself out of his alcoholic hole and use his detective skills to uncover the identity of the killer. This novel is interesting, not only because of the plot and characters but also by the use of the number 5. There is a new "young" police chief. He is not quite experienced enough to handle this, but since there is no Harry Hole he is doing the best he can.Nesbo's best since The Snowman... Particularly strong in portraying the interaction between cops" -- Marcel Berlins * The Times * In the dark world of Scandinavian crime, Jo Nesbo's novels are darker than most… Settle down with a glass of Akvavit and prepare for a long night Independent After finishing Police, I feel like I've experienced the same "void" that's mentioned in the book, when the investigation is complete, leaving a feeling that is both bereft and expectant. His talents as a writer are not solely based on the crime genre. He has also released a series of children’s books with the crazy Professor Proctor as the lead character. These have been well received and some book critics have compared them to Roald Dahl’s work. The Harry Hole Series

Police is a story replete with gory events, dark musings and a little social commentary Sunday Business Post Before becoming a crime writer, Nesbo played football for Norway’s premier league team Molde, but his dream of playing professionally for Spurs was dashed when he tore ligaments in his knee at the age of eighteen. After three years military service he attended business school and formed the band Di Derre (‘Them There’). They topped the charts in Norway, but Nesbo continued working as a financial analyst, crunching numbers during the day and gigging at night. When commissioned by a publisher to write a memoir about life on the road with his band, he instead came up with the plot for his first Harry Hole crime novel, The Bat. As usual, the brilliant Nesbo is several steps ahead of you in this endlessly twisting, multi-layered thriller that also shines a light on the murky areas of Norway's upper echelons" -- Natasha Harding * Sun *Although the Harry Hole series has not been transferred to the big screen the release of the 2011 film Headhunters, based on the stand alone novel of the same name showed that Nesbo’s stories are screen worthy. Written by Jo Nesbo, translated by Don Bartlett — The staggering ending to Phantom left us all in disbelief. Could Harry Hole really be dead? In the ninth Harry Hole novel to be translated from Norwegian into English we find out. It opens with a patient lying in a coma, under police protection. Seeing as Hole took two bullets to the body, and one to the head, it’s fair to assume that it’s him. Will the patient pull through, though?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment