276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Ten Things I Hate About Me: The instant Sunday Times bestseller

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Geoff Andrew from Time Out praised the film's leads, writing, "Stiles grows into her character, and Ledger is effortlessly charming." [10] Brad Laidman of Film Threat said the film was "pure of heart and perfectly executed." [11] Ron Wells, also of Film Threat, wrote, "Of all the teen films released this year, this one is, by far, the best." [12] Roger Ebert gave the film two and a half stars out of four, saying that he "liked the movie's spirit, the actors and some of the scenes. The music, much of it by the band Letters to Cleo, is subtle and inventive while still cheerful. The movie almost but not quite achieves liftoff against the gravitational pull of the tired story formula." [13] Entertainment Weekly put the film 49th on its list of Best High School Movies. [14] Accolades [ edit ] I feel that BPD is often a dirty word in the mental health world, but to see the realness and power that It holds over someone’s life is a real eye opener and I’m so glad, however hard it must have been to write, it is out there in public. Joes story is far from pretty and very heartbreaking at times and the reason behind him writing this book is one of pure honestly. Not only is this book moving but I feel it will be educational not only for those without the illness, but for those with it to know that it’s okay to feel these things. Bianca wishes to date affluent senior Joey Donner, but Walter, an obstetrician worried about teenage pregnancy, will not allow his daughters to date until they graduate. Frustrated by Bianca's insistence and Kat's rebelliousness, Walter declares that Bianca may date only when Kat does, knowing that Kat's antisocial attitude makes this unlikely. ARIA Charts – Accreditations – 2000 Albums" (PDF). Australian Recording Industry Association . Retrieved December 27, 2021.

That being said, I can honestly say, that this is one of the most raw and honest books I have ever read. To see Joes life, soul and mistakes laid out on paper really takes willpower and strength. For me, the reason that I think this book is so impacting and moving is because he doesn’t write this out of a place of being ‘fixed’ or better’ but, as he says a number of time, he’s still broken and willing to give us an insight into that brokenness. The thing that I think I liked most (if that’s that right word to use) is making people see that just because you’ve been fixed once, it’s okay to break against, it’s not a once fixed always fixed kind of illness. The Billboard 200". United States. September 9, 1999. Archived from the original on July 30, 2021 . Retrieved February 18, 2018. His book is brutal and raw. He is honest in everything he’s done and his feelings. I feel like he partly wrote this book to give others dealing with mental illness some hope that it can get better. In my opinion, this book is a must-read for anyone trying to better understand other people's experiences, and to really appreciate that you can never, ever tell what a person may be going through just by looking at them.Internet Movie Script Database". Imsdb.com. November 12, 1997. Archived from the original on September 13, 2017 . Retrieved August 23, 2012.

a b "10 Things I Hate About You". CinemaReview.com. Archived from the original on September 13, 2017 . Retrieved May 24, 2008. Allison Janney as Ms. Perky, Padua High School's guidance counselor and a writer of erotic literature This a searingly honest must read. Joe has wisdom, kindness and a deep understanding of mental health issues. He is also hilarious with a delicious sense of humour. His book will save lives and I cannot recommend it highly enough * Lorraine Kelly * Aames, Ethan (June 5, 2006). "Julia Stiles on "The Omen" ". Cinema Confidential News. Archived from the original on September 23, 2015 . Retrieved October 28, 2006. Writing this book has been the hardest thing I’ve ever done. It had to be dragged into the world, with my condition telling me that every single word, sentence and chapter was terrible and would make strangers walk up to me in the street and punch me in the face.It had to be dragged into the world, with my condition telling me that every single word, sentence and chapter was terrible and would make strangers walk up to me in the street and punch me in the face. But I had run out of options. I'd done everything I 'd been told to do and I still thought about killing myself every day. At the end of the book he says in a typically self-deprecating way: “hopefully this book makes you more able to see what’s happening in someone else’s brain and feel less alone with what’s happening in yours.” He tries to explain what your life is like when you essentially have a brain that's trying to kill you every day.' Obrigada Joe. Foi uma experiência incrível e eu vou sentir falta das suas palavras nas noites de insônia. This is a remarkable book. The honesty is startling and potent' Dawn French 'You have to buy this book.

Final note to say is to say that the comedy in this book will have you laughing at things you thought were morally wrong to laugh at, but here you are belly laughing at suicidal jokes. But I had run out of options. I'd done everything I 'd been told to do and I still thought about killing myself every day. So I wrote this book to save my life. Eisenbach, Helen (January 2000). "10 Things We Love About Julia Stiles". Manhattan File Magazine. Archived from the original on March 3, 2016 . Retrieved October 28, 2006.

Create a new list

Ultimately, this is a story of hope and encouragement, telling us that no matter how hopeless life might seem, if we just wait for maybe as little as a few minutes, things will get better. It is never complacent, though, it doesn't pontificate, and it certainly doesn't make light of any of the major issues and topics it touches. But if there is even the smallest chance that me telling you how I live with me helps you live with you; if it opens up a space for someone, somewhere to be more honest about their mental illness, it will have been worth it.

Susan May Pratt as Mandella, Kat's only close friend and an aficionado of William Shakespeare who falls for Michael The book also contains his dark sense of humor that fans have come to love. He will struggle with BPD all his life but he is much better than he was when all this started for him. Andrew, Geoff. "10 Things I Hate About You Review". Time Out New York. Archived from the original on July 22, 2010 . Retrieved September 19, 2009.Things I Hate About You". ABC Family. Archived from the original on May 19, 2009 . Retrieved June 17, 2009. Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Cameron James, the new student at Padua High School who is smitten with Bianca and goes to great lengths to win her over Nguyen, Hanh (October 8, 2008). "ABC Family Greenlights '10 Things I Hate,' 'Ruby' Pilots". Zap2it.com. Archived from the original on October 9, 2008 . Retrieved October 8, 2008. I Know" (contains an interpretation of " Shout", written by O'Kelly Isley, Ronald Isley, and Rudolph Isley and originally performed by The Isley Brothers)

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment