276°
Posted 20 hours ago

A Game of Retribution: A Dark and Enthralling Reimagining of the Hades and Persephone Myth: 4 (Hades x Persephone Saga, 4)

£9.995£19.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Also, Hecate and Hermes are barely in it. 😤 They are shining stars and should have much bigger roles.

Seriously. It’s like Hades is typing the Sparknotes version. It’s exhausting to read because there are no pauses to ruminate on or explore anything. It’s just a race to finish the summary, with some stuff Hades does when Persephone isn’t present. The book doesn’t stay on one scene or conversation long enough for you to really care about anything that’s happening. I got the impression that the steam was more prominent here, and it didn't bother me, there was an added scene that was really cool. Hades x Persephone Saga 3 Books Collection Set By Scarlett St. Clair(A Game of Gods, A Game of Retribution & A Game of Fate): Hades, God of the Dead, does not take sides or bend the rules. He makes no exceptions to these values—not for god or mortal, even his lover, Persephone, Goddess of Spring.Scarlett St. Clair’s sexy and addictive series continues in Hades x Persephone book 2. Persephone’s relationship with Hades is now in the public eye, but a horrible tragedy leaves her more confused than ever about her future as Hades’s queen. Después de que finalmente confesaron su amor, Hera está lista para bendecir su unión... Con una pequeña condición, Hades tiene que luchar y cumplir doce tareas para ganar el favor de la diosa del matrimonio. Entonces, él está listo para hacer lo que ella quiera, para derrocar a Zeus y finalmente aprobar su matrimonio.

And the thing I was hoping for, but didn't get is Minthe. No reaction to her plant-ification whatsoever. Perhaps it'll be in another book? I badly want to see it. And some dark things happen in this book (and in A Touch of Ruin) that I don’t think get treated with the respect or care they deserve.I’m gonna try to keep this short and sweet. This entire second story (so this book and A Touch of Ruin) feels super pointless to me and I feel like Scarlett St. Clair should’ve just skipped to the story in book three. Nothing really happens here except Hades and Persephone arguing and not knowing how to communicate with each other. Tbh it’s my opinion that Scarlett is just stretching this story for all its worth, because there’s no reason for this entire series to be seven books. Stunningly descriptive, I felt fully immersed in the setting and the characters, appreciating the contrast between the darkness surrounding Hades and the lightness in the purity and innocence inherent in Persephone. Hades and Persephone balanced one another perfectly, bringing forth the strengths behind their weaknesses.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment