276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Let It Go: My Extraordinary Story - From Refugee to Entrepreneur to Philanthropist

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

When you have a lot of one item give careful thought as to which few you want to keep. All the others dilute the impact of the best ones. Sir David Ramon Hawkins, M.D, Ph.D. was a nationally renowned psychiatrist, physician, researcher, spiritual teacher and lecturer. In Let It Go, Peter will help you turn downsizing into a rejuvenating life change with his useful tips and practical takeaways, including how Break free of the chains of attachment and surrender your negative emotions. Letting Go: The Pathway of Surrender is a great way to start! Healing from an unpleasant event or loss will be a lot easier if we focus on finding the lesson in the experience. In my case, figuring out what I could learn from the breakdown of my marriage allowed me to heal and even to help others heal by writing “Magnificent…Married or Not.” As Dr. Hawkins says, “In some cases, it seems in retrospect that there was actually this unconscious purpose behind the event, as though our unconscious knew that something important had to be learned and, painful as it was, it was the only way it could be brought into experience.”

Attachment and dependence occur because we feel incomplete within ourselves; therefore, we seek objects, people, relationships, places, and concepts to fulfill inner needs." Let It Go is my first experience with T.D. Jakes, and it's not hard to understand his popularity as a pastor, speaker, author, and media favorite. Within the first few minutes of this audio CD (and I would highly recommend the audio version over the print version), I was completely hooked by listening to his compelling brew of common sense logic, homespun wisdom, and delightfully colorful analogies, all delivered in the richest, most melodious voice .. . (no wonder he's the recipient of a 2004 Grammy award). By the very nature of our being and by the very nature of the life energy that flows through us and empowers us to breathe and to think, we all have that same vibrational energy level of love within us."

Table of Contents

He describes everything in terms of the instant. "You will instantly find" is probably the number one most used phrase in this book. There comes a time when you know you need to downsize to make life simpler. Then you look at all your "stuff" and realize that the simple idea of moving it all is overwhelming.

Second, think of the similarity between a peanut butter sandwich, a satellite signal, and a thought. They are all forms of energy. They only differ by the wavelengths at which they vibrate. Negative thoughts and emotions are aligned with low, slow-moving energies. Positive thoughts and emotions are aligned with high, fast-moving energies. New York Times bestselling author T.D. Jakes uses inspiration from the Lord’s Prayer to reveal how the act of forgiving—and learning to be forgiven—can lead you to a more joyful, peaceful, and purposeful life. So I'm holding off on actually rating until I finish the audio book...but so far, I am deeply unimpressed. This book would be about half it's actual length if you cut the lists to manageable size and removed the outlandish claims (such as it being able to cure allergies). It usual riddled with false claims about auras (debunked) and other New age claptrap. Set the magic free with Disney’s spectacular FROZEN. The award-winning musical brings to life a world of sumptuous beauty, humour and iconic music in a jaw-dropping production to melt hearts of all ages. One of the laws of consciousness is: We are only subject to a negative thought or belief if we consciously say that it applies to us. We are free to choose not to buy into a negative belief system."Eh, overall ok. I would have liked a better design & layout, along w/ better editing to really emphasize his core points. Sadly, I think his message is diluted because it gets lost among the other more filler-like stuff. How much do you have because of laziness? Things that you’ve replaced? Obligation? things you bought on impulse? Imposition — like things that your kids have stored in your basement or preschool items that don’t fit in the storage unit or school?

After reading a few books on mindfulness, I got the idea that the secret behind staying in the present is letting go of the past. I searched for practical tips on letting go and found this book. You will not be an effective leader or productive innovator unless you learn the art of forgiveness." All he does is rattle off fifty item lists and repeat the same question ten to fifteen times using different wording. I have concluded that mushrooms must have been involved. I’ve studied the works of Dr. Hawkins for years, and I must say that Letting Go has the most practical value. The stories and examples in the book allowed me to deepen my understanding of the Scale of Human Consciousness (a logarithmic scale of energetic power from 0-1000 that Dr. Hawkins created based on 20 years of scientific study.)

Peter divides downsizing into two categories: downsizing your own possessions and downsizing someone else's possessions. My favorite aspect of the book is that it explains the psychology associated with letting go of material possessions. I have always been reluctant to let go because I have been afraid that I will need those items later. After reading this book, I understand that this is a form of anxiety. Let go of the following things to be more authentic and open and true to yourself: Things you never really liked, things, you regret paying so much for, Stuff you inherited and hold onto out of a sense of obligation, and outdated belongings that represent a version of yourself long gone. Positive energy increases muscular strength by 500 %`. Come on... I have been weightlifting for 5 years now and being in a good or bad mood doesnt matter at all for muscular strength. When faced with negative emotions, it is best to gradually move up the scale toward higher, faster energy fields. This means that when we transition from apathy to anger, we’re actually making progress, because we feel energized when we’re irritated or angry. The key is to not remain in an angry state for too long. As long as they fit on your table, your job is to come up with whatever treasures best represent the life you’ve lived.

When Queen Elsa’s hidden powers plunge the land of Arendelle into an eternal winter, her sister Anna sets out to find her and save the kingdom before it’s too late. But as the storm rages on, both sisters must learn that only an act of true love can thaw a frozen heart. Also, the author suggests limiting downsizing to two hours a day (more if you feel up to it). I think Marie Kondo's method left me cold since she advocated doing everything in one huge undertaking, and that was just too overwhelming for me. Also, I wasn't really buying the "joy" determination for things with purely utilitarian value. This book, with its focus on defining a few "treasures" (they should definitely spark joy) and then moving on to the other utilitarian category of "worthy" items that you can keep not for their big emotional impact, but because you need to use them. Towels. A toaster. But you do have to consider if something once "worthy" is still worthy. I'll need to examine all the things I used to use a lot before I had kids, and see if they currently make sense in my current life. I've already sold my rollerblades and snowboard, but I'm sure I'll find other stuff I just don't have the time or interest to use anymore.First, picture a big chain around your ankles that prevents you from moving toward the life you desire. That’s the image I give to my audiences when I talk about attachments. Written by a medical doctor. Sad. How can an MD completely miss the logic and purpose of negative emotions, ignore their foundation in our childhood and treat them as the cause of all disasters and problems? Health and well-being, then, are generally the automatic consequence of the letting go of guilt and other negativities, as well as the letting go of our resistance to the positive states of health and well-being." T.D. Jakes, New York Times bestselling author of Reposition Yourself, Making Great Decisions, and more than a dozen other titles, now presents this book on forgiveness, demonstrating once again why he is called “a spiritual genius,” a “master of meeting mankind eye to eye,” and one of America’s best preachers.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment