276°
Posted 20 hours ago

A Torch Against the Night (Ember Quartet, Book 2)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

An Ember in the Ashes is one of my favorite YA fantasy debuts; Sabaa Tahir’s world was mesmerizing yet brutal, and it was so easy to lose myself in the bloody story of an Empire inspired by Greek and Roman culture. It follows two young fugitives fleeing for their lives in a corrupt empire; their only hope of survival is by freeing a certain inmate from their kingdom’s most secure prison.

A Torch Against the Night - Sabaa Tahir - Google Books A Torch Against the Night - Sabaa Tahir - Google Books

The jinn show Elias their memories of Sher Jinnaat and what their lives were like before they were imprisoned. The Nightbringer wants to free the jinn living in Shaeva's grove, but she thinks he shouldn't because their imprisonment has driven them mad. And I think both An Ember in the Ashes and A Torch Against the Night are told with nail-biting tension and perfectly-paced action. Elias and his friends end up getting into a fight with Marcus and his cronies after Marcus kisses Helene without her permission. He spent his childhood playing with the tribal children and growing up believing himself to be a tribal boy.Deciding that they need help if they plan to survive much longer, Laia wants to break her brother, Darin, out of prison. It didn't feel like it was bridging a gap - the story moves along, many important and awful things happen, secrets are revealed and Tahir rounds off this installment well, whilst still promising so much more from the next book. By using the Web site, you confirm that you have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by the Terms and Conditions.

A Torch Against the Night (An Ember In The Ashes Book 2) A Torch Against the Night (An Ember In The Ashes Book 2)

The pair arrives at the courtyard to witness the punishment of Falconius, because it is a rule of Blackcliff. Elias casually mentions to Laia that he dug a secret exit from the school under his room and Laia realizes this is the information she can give the Resistance to get her brother out of prison. And he is my ally—the only person who can help me save my brother, Darin, from a notorious Martial prison. I'm reviewing An Ember in the Ashes and a Torch Against the Night together in this review, mostly because I didn't have the energy to rant twice.And yes, I did the happy mind swirl when I come across the exact book title in the writing knowing what it means and for which character it's meant for. Elias nods to a deep, shoulder-high hole in the wall, hollow but for a stone coffin turned on its side. An Ember in the Ashesis a spectacular page turnerthat asks readers to consider how far they’d go to save the ones they love. It was fascinating and utterly horrifying to witness how easily she can make a whole nation crumble. Afya Ara-Nur tells Elias that the Martials have amassed nearly five thousand soldiers to take out the Tribes.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment