276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Aramis by Aramis Eau De Toilette For Men, 110ml

£17£34.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I can smell the herbs, the dirt, the bark, the moss, the sap, the animal fur, and the air all being crammed in my nose. i think maybe because now we define masculine scents a lot differently, they have harder edges if that makes sense. It'll please your grand/great grandmother but other than that I doubt it will please a woman in my age group. Just got a vintage 4oz bottle of the "cologne" and I actually like this more now than when I tried it before.

Most of the men around when this was introduced are in their final years and younger men have never smelled anything like it. I'd say after about 2 hours there is no projection, though, it does last a fair amount of time on the skin, albeit it is in intimate proximity. To me, Aramis Aramis is the definition of alpha-male classic fragrance for a well-dressed business executive with ambition.I go away from this from time to time and try to work through my many other fragrances, but every time I come back I recognise all over again that I am in the presence of history. His body chemistry and Aramis Super Cologne (as I later found out) had the women flocking like vultures over a fresh carcass. To me, this is reminiscent of going to a family get-together when I was a child and heading down to the unfinished basement and preparing the fold-out tables and chairs with my Dad and uncles for the dinner which would be served.

On Alan Rickman (may his soul rest in peace); the object of my desire for an older man, lover-father-mentor (philosophical and sexual, intimate intellect and intellectual intimacy). A formula, twisted and modified, revealing different sides to fit the gender that marketing executives deem right. Lately I've moved on to the Concentrée version, which is hard to find, but a little closer to the original. Then everyone got so sick of it that it was completely shunned except for most New York taxi cab drivers who smelled like they had been swimming in it.

It's really hard to fairly judge something so old in these terms, but being a splash, I'd say staying power is very similar to the newer spray. Along with Kouros and Antaeus is the best masculine expression of what a perfume should be, have and projects towards others. On a colder summer day I took it to work and it lasted the whole work day (9+hours) and it was still projecting at about 40cm from me( after 9 hours!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment