276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Sometimes I Might Be Introvert (Milky

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Behind each disparate sound is a cohesive narrative that proves Little Simz is, above all, a woman who knows herself better than you could ever know her -- no matter how much time you spend with these songs on loop. A british rapper being hailed as the next Kendrick Lamar sounds like ridiculous hyperbole, but fuck it I thought, I'll check it out. Disc 1 sounded absolutely perfect, but anyone else has this hideous static sound that comes back around every other second on all of side 2-A ?

Sometimes I Might Be Introvert by Little Simz - Metacritic Sometimes I Might Be Introvert by Little Simz - Metacritic

Over the course of her lush, expansive, defiantly sprawling new album, Sometimes I Might Be Introvert, released on Age 101, the Ivor Novello award-winning, Mercury nominated Little Simz delivers an undeniable modern classic, effortlessly condensing any number of disparate styles and genres into music which thrillingly broaches the gap between urgent modern treatise and hip hop. Or rather Emma Corrin, who reads from Simz’s scripts in the voice she uses to play Diana in The Crown, backed by a twinkly orchestra that evokes vintage Disney at its sickliest. Saying no will not stop you from seeing our ads, but it may make them less relevant or more repetitive. I'm enthralled every moment, even during the cheesy interludes that are taken straight out of a British princess fairytale.What happens when the dream comes true, and the world listens in while you confront your “daddy issues”? Sometimes I Might Be Introvert was produced by Inflo across LA and London, and features contributions from Cleo Sol and Obongjayar.

Little Simz - Sometimes I Might Be Introvert - Norman Records Little Simz - Sometimes I Might Be Introvert - Norman Records

Lyrics are introspective, phrasing is idiosyncratic, her flow is often contrarian, with its emphasis not necessarily landing where you’d expect. Alongside a beautiful adult choir and the dreamy backing vocals of Cleo Sol (also a member of Sault), they attempt to temper the intensity of Simz’s roiling inner monologue, which agitatedly combs over her personal and professional triumphs and frustrations.It’s hidden in the title, too: Shorten Sometimes I Might Be Introvert to an acronym and you get SIMBI, the nickname that Simz, real name Simbiatu Ajikawo, goes by among her friends. Coinciding with the announcement Little Simz has shared new track and video ‘Introvert’, which examines “lives lived in the cross-hairs of society. But like the best love songs, the track’s design—the chorus a sort of inverted petal-pulling exercise—invites the listener to see their own experiences in Simz’ stories. Each and every single song feels like a set piece, with similar vibes but distinct sounds and messages. The arrangements here are glorious: huge swathes of string and horn, cascading drums, choral flourishes.

Sometimes I Might be Introvert - Vinyl LPx2+ Little Simz - Sometimes I Might be Introvert - Vinyl LPx2+

it was fun to listen to all the lyrics opening up about personal issues, but it just feels a tad bit bloated. the future of hip hop PART 2 Little Simz was a name I was hearing that was getting alot of hype, so i was hype to see what it was.It’s not hyperbole to suggest that this canonises her work forever, elating her to be one of the greats.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment