276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Fernox 56608 1L F5 Powerflushing Cleaner

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Check that all thermostatic radiator valves, or TRV heads, are either removed or set to maximum, and that all diverter and zone valves are locked open. The Fernox Water Quality Test includes everything needed to take a sample of the system water and send it off to the Fernox laboratory for full analysis.

I'd agree that "anything is better than nothing" and an old open-vented system may contain a shocking amount of sludge. Fernox central heating protectors ensure long-term protection against corrosion, limescale build-up and maintain system efficiency. For optimum results the entire system, including drop feed radiators where fitted, should be completely drainable. It is also possible if it is a modern HE boiler with a heat exchanger in the style of a Valiant Eco Tec or a glowworm maybe a Baxi duo tec the it is also possible to block these as they only have an 8mm internal clearance. The powerflushing machine can be connected to the system using TF1 Flushing Adapters which can be used where a Fernox TF1 Filter is installed.

The rads in the hallway being the hottest (closest to the actual boiler) while those in extended rooms are barely even luke warm. When highly corroded components are observed, the homeowner should be made aware that cleaning may expose leaks in the most corroded areas. Citrate action is a term used to describe the powerful chelating effect that the citrate ion has on metal ions. With the system filled and the powerflush unit running, circulate and reverse the flow direction every one to two minutes.

You'll find that at first there is a significant amount to empty out after a week; then a month; and eventually no more than a smear after a year. No, the TF1 Omega Filter has been designed to ensure that even when it reaches a level of maximum collection, system water can still pass through the filter, short-circuiting the body, and flowing freely through the manifold.The F5 is a heavy duty, pH neutral cleaner which is designed to remove sludge, scale and debris in existing and /or aged systems. When pre-commission cleansing new systems, Fernox Cleaner F3 should be circulated for a minimum of one hour at normal operating temperature.

I received some great advice on this forum in the past for draining down and refilling my CH system.

As it seems to be stronger than the X400 can it lead to stress and leaks at any weak joints or is this not the case as it is meant to be non-acidic? I'm not in any way knowledgable about these things but what you're both saying sound perfectly logical to me.

The HPS technology improves the overall collection of the filter, as well as the performance of the Neodymium magnet. Look on Youtube, might find a better video, also adding Sentinel X900 is a good idea after you have cleaned out the filter. A single dose of Cleaner F3 treats a larger sized property with a heating system of 130 litres, up to 16 radiators, or 250 sqm of underfloor heating. I am forever having to bleed the pipework in the airing cupboard in the summer and then in the winter when the rads are on all the air/gas collects in the bathroom rad.We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. The only time we use fx2 is when connecting to just hex on boiler only, then no probs with neautralising. It is suitable for use when powerflushing to accelerate the cleaning process in existing and contaminated systems. This diminishes the transfer of heat and can result in pipe, radiator valve and heating control servo valve damage.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment