276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Gold Gin Sparkling 200ml

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

However, I wanted to go into this tasting with an open mind so tried my best to leave previous encounters with Sloe Gin behind.

Everyone loves a drink at Christmas, so I decided to put two bottles of the gins to the test. To keep it fair, I tried both clementine flavours to see which really was the best. The bottle glows a golden colour once you switch on the light. I did like how there was two settings here, a constant glow and a flashing light. Changed it up slightly. I tried the liqueur on its own and was pleasantly surprised. It didn't taste too much of alcohol, more a sweet drink.Our customers have confidence in our products because they trust our quality and sourcing standards, so we will always seek to protect our reputation for freshness, quality, innovation and value – and protect our customers from obvious copies.”

The M&S bottle looks beautiful sat on a drinks table at Christmas. It lights up by pushing a button underneath and stays lit for over 30 seconds. Once shaken the gold leaf really does make it look like a magical snow globe as it floats around, shimmering in the light. Marks and Spencer’s version arrived on the scene a few years ago, with shoppers desperate to get their hands on the stunning bottle - and others going as far as to collect all the different flavours to create a collection. I remember seeing last years versions adorned with trees, snow and reindeers. This year, it does feature Santa's sleigh and reindeers flying over mountains. This case is about design rights, a commonly forgotten but very effective IP right in protection against copycats. Most cases against Aldi are settled before trial, but with some notable exceptions, with Aldi having won and lost some high-profile disputes in recent years. M&S will be hoping that its strong action against Aldi will discourage further copycat products and allow M&S to retain distinctiveness and return on its investment in new product development. The supermarkets have launched their popular Christmas gin liqueur bottles. Both have lights at the base and edible gold flakes within the liquid.The bottle was very pretty and got a 10/10 for design, with a clear agreement from the gin team that it ranked best for design compared to the two other Aldi gins we tried. Mixing it with tonic, the Cranberry and Clementine was still very prominent and somehow transformed from a Christmas feel to a more refreshing summer taste, helping it become the perfect all-year-round gin. Read more: I tried mince pies from Sainsbury's, Aldi, Tesco, M&S, Morrisons and Waitrose - and there was a clear winner

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment