276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Finale: A Caraval Novel: 3

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The storyline itself is truly marvelous. The story of the Fates was pretty vague in the last book, but in this one the characters come face to face with them and a lot of information is revealed about the past, the present, and in the future. Paradise or Paloma, Scarlett and Tella’s mother, has been a very mysterious character in so far without even being present in the story much. Her history is revealed in this book and many new facts about the characters are revealed. Every story has four parts: the beginning, the middle, the almost-ending, and the true ending. Unfortunately, not everyone gets a true ending. Most people give up at the part of the story where things are the worst, when the situation feels hopeless, but that is where hope is needed most. Only those who persevere can find their true ending. Although tonight he seemed distracted. He hadn’t made any comments about her gown—he controlled the location, but she chose what she wore. This evening her flowing dress was a whimsical blue, with shoulder straps made of flower petals, a bodice made of ribbons, and a skirt of fluttering butterflies that Tella liked to think made her look as if she were a forest queen. the miscommunication with tella and legend felt repetitive. with every contemporary book i’ve witnessed, they all had repetition and miscommunication to drag on with the story. for this book, it was justified but it kinda felt annoying to be constantly reminded that legend didn’t love her. this was where i didn’t like their story as much bc they were also both stubborn.

I am FINALLY sitting down to write this review. Ah! And what can I say? I love love loved it, just as I did the first two novels. Particularly because if you know me, you know I loved to be dragged through emotional mud. I want to worry to pieces about the characters, ship people I'm not supposed to ship, and fret over every choice they make. So, if you're a glutton for punishment like me, I think you'll thoroughly enjoy this book. I don’t think it’s a secret that I have loved every book of this series, so when I was approved for an arc, of course I dropped everything. I think my favorite part of this book though is that we finally get a deeper look into The Fates, and while it wasn't as much as I'd hoped for, I found myself fully engaged in these sections. I loved the "history" and folklore surrounding how they were created and what role they have played, past and present, in the shaping of their fantastical world. I can't say too much about this, but Finale does hinge it's plot on one of the fates, and how this particular one ties Scarlett, Tella, and Paloma to the story. I couldn’t stand Tella in Caraval, but Legendary and Finale completely changed my feelings toward her, and I came to favor her over Scarlett. I still can’t tell you whether I love Julian or Legend more – just know that those two are my book boyfriend MO. 🌹🎩🎪Loves is messy. It's not easily controlled. But that's what makes it so powerful. It's unbridled passion. It’s caring about someone else’s life more than you care about your own.' A thing that I didn't much like in Caraval absolutely loved here and in Legendary was Garber's writing. It was so beautiful. So magical. So enchanting. The way Garber phrases things makes everything seem otherworldly and fairytalelike. the ratio between scarlett and tella chapters were so off. it was unfair how my girl scarlett didn’t get as many chapters as tella and they were so short!! i think that tella’s pov was more tolerable in this book than the others. however the ending did serve scarlett justice & i love her with my entire heart. she deserved so much more in this book after everything she went through. i think that she truly had character development towards the end. the beginning with scarlett was something that i wasn’t a big fan of simply bc of the way she changed and how they treated julian’s love as if it did not have real meaning. all she did was whine and obsess over legend and whine and ignore her sister and whine and lie to her sister and whine and make many stupid decisions and whi- It also felt like there was a lot of worldbuilding, and yet, there was actually no world building at all. I loved the myths and the folklore of the fates. But also I feel like we're never really given true context and explanation of how they work. It felt like the world was never given a reason for being the way it was. But, I suppose that's just the way of magic and we're not supposed to question it.

I didn’t come here to fight with you. Legend’s hand lifted, as if he might reach for her, but then his long fingers dipped over the low side of the boat and idly played with the midnight waters. I wanted to see if you received my note, and ask if you wanted the prize for winning Caraval. I literally just finished reading Finale and was trying to look up answers to my questions and now you guys are like blowing my mind with shit that I missed/ don’t remember haha Yeah, I don't completely disagree. I really didn't feel the bit with Tella killing herself was any sort of risk. As she stated to Scarlett, she wasn't supposed to jump unless they were certain. I do get the point you are making, though. I won't ever move on, Crimson'. He took her hand and brought it to his heart. 'I've made a lot of mistakes. […] So I'm in this carriage with you now, ready to go wherever you're going, even if it means watching you with another man'I choose you, Julian, and I promise I will always choose you, and I will always love you. I will love you with every bone in my body, so that even after my heart stops beating, a part of me will remain to forever love you.” So if you're looking for a wild ride, as one typically does in books, give this a go! I'll never not recommend this series. But she wasn’t even sure if a real Legend existed. And if he did, she doubted he let people close enough to see him. This was actually so much better than legendary and did I enjoyed reading this? Yes!! The plot was amazing and intriguing I liked how the fates storyline was executed in this and they all were dangerously fascinating. This one was also a little painful and how the characters went through so much to save their world but the romance part in this was impeccable.

The third book in the Caraval trilogy, Finale, was reviewed by Kirkus as "overwritten, with overly convenient worldbuilding that struggles nearly as much as the overwrought prose and convoluted plot". [14]I knew I would like Tella, especially after what she did in the first book, but I didn't expect to fall so head-over-heels for this girl. She's way more complex and brave than she lets on. This is a girl you can root for. There's much more to her history and past that you don't get from Scarlett's POV, and oh my heart broke for her over and over. Tella’s heart beat wildly. Legend was always frustratingly in control of her dreams. But she didn’t sense this was his doing. The magic in the air didn’t smell like his. Magic always held a sweet scent, but this was far too sweet, almost rotted. Before Legend, Tella had wanted nothing to do with love. She’d believed she was destined to only experience unrequited love. Then she’d fallen in love with him, and it had been like drinking magic—indescribable, all-consuming, and fantastically addictive.” I devoured this wonderful, torturous book. And now I don't know what to do with myself aside from sit here and try and form some semblance of a review.

Scarlett’s mouth wrinkled, as if she wasn’t quite sure how to respond, but she was clearly distressed. Her enchanted gown had turned a wretched shade of purple—Scarlett’s least favorite color—and the dated style was even older than most of the furniture in their cramped suite. But, to her credit, Scarlett’s voice was kind as she said, Today is your day to watch Paloma. Overall, it was everything I wanted and a few things I didn’t know I needed. I’m sad this series is over, but I can’t imagine it could have been done any better. Thanks to Stephanie for giving us such an amazing story. Finale is a thoroughly satisfying conclusion to the Caraval trilogy. It has everything you could want in a finale (pun intended).I just finished the book and I really needed a place to vent, so I decided to create this discussion.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment