276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Men's Deluxe Harry Potter Sirius Black Fancy Dress Costume, Azkaban Prisoner Dress Up, Wizard Escapee Movie Character Outfit

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Sirius is very good at spouting bits of excellent personal philosophy, but he does not always live up to them. For instance, he says in "Goblet of Fire" that if you want to know what a man is really like, 'look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.' But Sirius loathes Kreacher, the house-elf he has inherited and treats him with nothing but contempt. Similarly, Sirius claims that nobody is wholly good or wholly evil, and yet the way he acts towards Snape suggests that he cannot conceive of any latent good qualities there... Sirius's great redeeming quality is how much affection he is capable of feeling. He loved James like a brother and he went on to transfer that attachment to Harry." [31] When Sirius attended Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, the professors were very fond of him, knowing him to be a witty and charming wizard with a good heart. Their affection, however, did not blind them to the fact that he was also a mischievous troublemaker and prankster, and it did not prevent them from punishing him or his best friend James when they went too far with their pranks or caused too much trouble. Should have spent a bit more time at home with his family, shouldn't he? Ought to have left the office early once in a while ... gotten to know his own son." — Sirius's contempt for Bartemius Crouch Senior [src]

I don't need to look at that rubbish, I know it all." — Sirius boasting of his Transfiguration expertise in his fifth year [src] And there he was... his face wasn't waxy at all but handsome and full of laughter." — Sirius's appearance before Azkaban [src] If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." — Sirius giving advice to Harry [src]Make a bold statement by donning a striking green trench coat, capturing Sirius’ adventurous spirit and adding an element of intrigue to your costume. Professor McGonagall: This iconic Hogwarts professor can be recreated with a green cloak, witch hat, and spectacles. There are some reasonable high resolution images on line but not too many. Most of the pictures seem to be publicity shots and I have been unable to find any photos from costume exhibitions. I will include the best source pictures that I have been able to find during my research but would be appreciative of anything else that any other members may have, including your own creations. There is a video on Youtube called Harry Potter: The Costume Drama which, despite being very low quality, does give several hints on how the costume was made. The most difficult part is going to be finding the fabrics but as a lot of the work was hand done I guess I am going to have to go about it in exactly the same way as it was done by the studio (see the video above as they pretty much tell you exactly how they did it which is great). Like most costumes these days, there are companies out there that will sell you a "replica", but none of them, in my opinion, are much chop. In Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Chapter 22 ( Owl Post Again), Snape says he was nearly killed in a prank by Sirius who was sixteen when it happened. Sirius was born in Nov 1959. He turned sixteen in Nov 1975, when he was in the fifth year. According to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Chapter 33 ( The Prince's Tale), the prank happened before they took their O.W.L.s in June 1976, so the prank have to have happened between Nov 1975 and June 1976. Despite being innocent of murdering Pettigrew and the Muggles, a crime for which he was sent to Azkaban, if he had been discovered as an unregistered Animagus, it carries a sentence in Azkaban.

Believe me. Believe me, Harry. I never betrayed James and Lily. I would have died before I betrayed them." — Sirius's firm loyalty to James and Lily Potter [src]Though Sirius also appeared to be friendly with Mundungus Fletcher, that did not stop Fletcher from stealing Sirius's possessions after his death. Sirius, to me, he's kind of on the edge, do you not get that feeling from Sirius? He's a little bit of a loose cannon... But Sirius had his flaws — I've sort of discussed that before — some quite glaring flaws. I see Sirius as someone who was a case of arrested development. I think you see that from his relationship with Harry in “Phoenix.” He kind of wants a mate from Harry, and what Harry craves is a father. Harry's kind of outgrowing that now. Sirius wasn't equipped to give him that." — J. K. Rowling about Sirius's character [src] He remained the best of friends with James and attended James's wedding to Lily Evans as best man. When their son Harry was born, James and Lily named Sirius godfather, thus designating him as Harry's guardian in the event of their deaths. He also gave Harry his first broom at the age of one as a birthday present, as stated by Lily in a letter found by Harry a number of years later. [19] Brilliant, Snape - once again you've put your keen and penetrating mind to the task and as usual come to the wrong conclusion. Now if you'll excuse us, Remus and I have some unfinished business to attend to.

Sirius and James often went out of their way to bully Snape. One time, Sirius and James physically bullied him simply out of boredom. Though, Sirius did admit that he and James were " arrogant little berks" and that he was not proud of his behaviour, but he had done nothing to rectify it. He and James eventually ended their campaign of ill-treatment towards Snape, but they apparently never apologised. The only time James ever stopped was in front of Lily Evans, a pretty redhead who disapproved of such behaviour, whom James later married right after they left Hogwarts. Sirius is 5'9.5" (176.5cm), as is Oldman. He is described in the book as "very tall", which is contradictory given that the average height of men in England was 174.4 cm in 1998. [29]. The nature of Sirius's relationship with his family during his early childhood is unknown, but at the age of eleven, he earned the severe disappointment and disapproval of his family by being Sorted into Gryffindor house at Hogwarts. Sirius, in turn, became increasingly rebellious by flaunting his house affiliation and his disdain for his family's pure-blood values. His relationships with his mother and cousin Bellatrix became particularly antagonistic; Walburga disowned Sirius when he left home at the age of sixteen, burned his name off the family tree, and even treated her brother Alphard to the same punishment simply for leaving money to his nephew.I figure that the shoes and the trousers are going to be off the shelf items so the pieces which this thread will concentrate on are the following: Sometime in 1979, Sirius's father and brother both died. Orion's death was from an unknown cause, while Regulus's death was caused when he drank the Drink of Despair while trying to destroy one of Lord Voldemort's Horcruxes, and when he tried to get water to quench his thirst, he was dragged to his death by the Inferi, although Sirius never learned the details of his death. [19] Sirius was the last of the family to which he was enslaved, but he felt no true loyalty to him." — Kreacher's intense dislike of Sirius [src]

Elevate your Sirius-inspired costume with a sleek and sophisticated gray-striped dress shirt, adding a touch of refinement to his ensemble. While Harry craved a paternal figure, Sirius wasn't equipped to be one and more or less treated Harry like his best friend, the way Harry's father was before him. [28] Voldemort lured Harry to the Department of Mysteries in 1996 by planting a vision of Sirius suffering in his mind, knowing that Harry would do whatever it took to save his godfather. [17] Harry was completely devastated by Sirius's death, having lost the closest thing to a parent he had ever known. Harry felt riddled with guilt over the incident but eventually managed to compartmentalise his grief, knowing that Sirius wouldn't have wanted him to shut himself up. Sirius fled Europe beyond the Ministry of Magic's jurisdiction. He communicated with Harry but very seldom to retain the secrecy of his location. However, due to his use of exotic birds, Harry suspected him of hiding somewhere in the tropics. Harry grew to greatly rely on Sirius's advice in time of need. Sirius returned to Britain when Harry gave him notice that his scar had been hurting, which had come to be known as a signal of Lord Voldemort's presence or power.Sirius: " What was there to be gained by fighting the most evil wizard that ever existed? Only innocent lives, Peter!" Peter Pettigrew: " You don't understand! He would have killed me, Sirius!" Sirius: " THEN YOU SHOULD HAVE DIED! DIED RATHER THAN BETRAY YOUR FRIENDS, AS WE WOULD HAVE DONE FOR YOU!" — Sirius confronting Peter in regards to his betrayal [src] When he's not busy crafting imaginative costumes, Doc Cotton loves nothing more than a good party. He's the one who knows how to turn any gathering into a memorable event, infusing it with fun and excitement. Horace Slughorn, the Head of Slytherin House, mentioned that he would have liked to have Sirius in his house, having had all of his family. Sirius also met Hermione Granger during the 1993–1994 school year, following his escape from Azkaban. Hermione, like the rest of the wizarding world, initially believed that Sirius was the wizard who betrayed James and Lily Potter to Lord Voldemort. However, she learned the truth and even indirectly helped to clear any doubts of his innocence through her questions. Together with Harry and Ron, she brought him food when he was hiding in a cave near Hogsmeade during the 1994–1995 school year.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment