276°
Posted 20 hours ago

What Women Want: Conversations on Desire, Power, Love and Growth

£9.495£18.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

As long as you aim at becoming a high-value man, you don’t need to worry about the average. There are Different Standards of Beauty for Men and Women So does she support abortion at any stage of pregnancy? Is she in favour of what some argue is infanticide? We never find out. Bottom line, it's all about women's perspective, being better myself, and how to find matings. Simple as that. Women generally don't reject men explicitly because of the very real risks they face from publicly humiliating their suitors. They're just trying to reduce the risk of provoking harassment or stalking or violent retaliation. As I read about your comments how you called him a low quality man because most men make the mistake of needing status to attract women, I KNEW right away you had no idea what you were talking about.

As with Jessa Crispin's Why I am Not a Feminist, there are interesting points here – but they are bogged down in an argument that's more concerned with trashing others than offering actual solutions. As is made clear from the introduction onwards, What Women Want is defined by negativity: 'the next five, short chapters' (that's all the chapters in the book) 'will provide examples of some of the maddest, baddest and saddest campaigns, the worst moments in recent political history for women, and the most threatening moves made by contemporary feminism'. Initially, however, I found Whelan's distinction between feminism and 'women's liberation' more compelling than Crispin's vague gestures in the direction of anti-capitalism. The two writers have some of the same targets: the co-opting of feminism as a celebrity buzzword and marketing tool; the fact that many popular feminist campaigns focus on affording more privilege to already privileged groups.Assertiveness is a delicate balance between being protective and decisive and being overbearing and possessive. The distinction is as much about the ability to assess threats as the ability to read the reaction of women on the other side of your efforts. Sigmund Freud famously asked “What does a woman want?” and the question has been posed repeatedly across every medium ever since. Now Maxine Mei-Fung Chung re-examines it in the context of 21st-century women’s lives in her new book, a distillation of 15 years’ work as a psychotherapist. Pióro autorki jest mocne i rezonujące. Zakończenie książki osobistym akcentem było miłym zaskoczeniem.

As a man, it is impossible to be better at mating until you understand the subjective experience of a woman, because it is fundamentally different than yours in many ways...Some of the same male traits that frighten you the most also seem to be the most attractive to you. The guys who pose the greatest physical threat are also the sameBUT the point of conversation is not the content. It is to signal underlying traits (intelligence, mental stability, kindness, empathy) as well as being the process of connection. I could tell that you take pride in being a Societal sheep and have a hard time letting that go and only want to think and behave like the bottom 90% of males and females which is why that part offended you the most, but it’s true. There are situations where you can follow a woman wherever she’s going. However, more times than not you risk looking like a follower, a social burden, and a man with little to do. The story of every woman we meet here is extraordinary and really shook me to the core. I was in awe of Maxine’s systematic yet realistic approach. Together, they dissect their pasts, examine the current, process grief, trauma and ruminate about the future. Attracting someone is not about doing anything big, but instead doing little things - taking care of your body & mind. Sleep well, eat well, exercise well, read well, basic grooming, dressing well. Although the section about reading in "Living Rich" by Mark Ford is a much better overview on the subject of reading.

the majority of the public consists of unattractive people who would rather not hear that they are unfit for survival or at the mercy of genes. The point is," writes Underhill, "while men were busy doing other things, women were becoming a major social, cultural, and economic force." What does a woman want?” The question famously posed by Sigmund Freud has always puzzled author and psychotherapist Maxine Mei-Fung Chung. Based on the experiences of seven very different women who came to her for help, this is her attempt to answer the question. The point, he says, is that women want men that other women are interested in. But not men who are interested in all women. it illuminates the asymmetry in how men and women tend to behave in certain contexts (e.g., why men are often frustrated by women “sending mixed signals” or “playing hard to get”) and the evolutionary reasons for thisAnd that’s why men chase women, buy them gifts, and generally treat them like a hot and rare commodity. The subjects of Topics of Conversation are sex and power, but Popkey is most interested in the nature of female desire, particularly the desire to relinquish agency. In this, the novel might best be understood as a retort to the received wisdom of the recent, critically lauded fictional and nonfictional #MeToo narratives. I found this fascinating. I really appreciated that the finished articles were approved by the women themselves, and that felt genuine and authentic to me. I couldn't help but become deeply invested in each woman and her circumstances because of the empathy that Chung fosters. She also brings her own want to the table. and the reader can't help but relate, because in lots of ways these are shared experiences. Be clear in what you want. Short term? Long term? Partner? Casual sex? Know what you want before you go looking for anything. The book is well written, and shares stories of seven different women who all have been in psychotherapy with Maxine Mei-Fung Chung for shorter or longer times. It gives a good description of the interaction between the women seeking help and the professional and how the sessions help them to develop as persons, and in some cases reclaim their own personalities. There is plenty of detail and I liked how Maxine Mei-Fung Chung guides the clients through the sessions with tender probing and open questions.

After thirty years of research, Sigmund Freud still felt the great unanswered question was: 'What does a woman want?' Fifteen years into her own journey as a psychotherapist, Maxine Mei-Fung Chung believes her collaboration with her patients holds the answers. Providing the most delicate of hand-holding that prioritizes their desires, Maxine nudges them gently to process emotions, encourages them to conquer their fears and embrace change, that finally promotes their individual growth and improves relationships . Die Psychotherapeutin Maxine Mei-Fung Chung erzählt in ihrem Buch die Geschichten von 7 Frauen, die sie während der Therapie kennen gelernt hat.The six most romantic words :"Don't worry honey, I've got this" demonstrate competence. Competence requires both ability and the willingness to use that ability.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment