276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Gerber MP600 Bladeless Multi Tool

£47.975£95.95Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The MP600 is 4.9 inches long closed and comes in at 9 oz. That’s a little larger and heavier than some other full size multi tools but not too bulky overall. One of the really interesting things about the MP600 is how adaptable it is. Currently Gerber offers close to 20 different versions of this tool, with different configurations of plier types, finish, tool loadout, and intended use. Gerber mp600 Tools The fact that it has a traditional design is also a big advantage as it allows rotating the blades thrice, thereby extending the life of the cutters. As far as the other components are concerned, the choice of internal tools was great, as is their construction. I didn’t have any issues using them, so I don’t have much to really write on them. They do as their told. The MP600 DET is even more specialized than the Sight Tool variant. Gerber designed this tool for the highly specific needs of US Army combat engineers working with explosives. The key tools for this are the blasting cap crimper pliers and C4 punch useful only when dealing with plastic explosives.

It just so happens that as a byproduct of this focus Gerber created a useful, interesting tool that any handy person would be happy to use. I have often said that there were more variations of the MP600 than any other tool, but even I was unprepared for the sheer number of variations, and this is just what's currently listed, and doesn't take into account the tan Iraqi Freedom versions, the yellow, red, blue and green ones, the Terminator versions, the MP650's, or the earlier Multiplier versions.MP600 BASIC07500G0-13658-07500-9Multi-Plier 600 - Bluntnose Stainless w/ Carbide Insert Cutters, SheathBox What tools can you expect to find on a standard multitool? The list can vary widely, but it should include a screwdriver (with a Phillips and flat-head driver, at least), pliers, scissors and possibly a knife or two. Most will also have a bottle opener or something you can use as one. It’s a good bet that this tool is the one that will see the most actual use among weekend warriors.

The triangular design allows you to rotate the blades three times to give you longer life on your cutters. Unfortunately the cutters Gerber have come out with don’t seem to be living up to their hype. Numerous users report that the blades struggle to cut through coated wires and are incredibly brittle. So brittle that they often break when trying to rotate them. Knife Blades Gerber doesn’t have any bit drivers in their MP600 line but they do offer an interesting accessory to get around this. More on that below. Can Opener, Bottle Opener, FileThe Gerber MP600 is a quality multi tool with interesting features, but how does it stand up to its biggest competitors? Here are some highlights of other multi tools similar to the MP600 and our opinion on which one is superior. Comparison Table Gerber mp600 Vs Diesel For both the plain and serrated edge blades, the edge retention was quite good. I cut up all sorts of cardboard and fibrous materials and both of the blades are still fairly sharp. The serrated blade is patterned in such a way that you’re not relying on the same common edge when cutting. There’s a benefit to having a pattern like this—it’s called longevity. I would have given this tool a 9 for over-all durability if it were stainless. The coating, which falls under this category, has kept it off of the throne.

With the Gerber MP600 Pro Scout, you will get a unique, single-handed opening plier design containing easy to access internal tools, including the ones already mentioned. It does not have the usual traditional butterfly fold. What it has, instead, is a pair of pliers that slid up from the primary body. I wanted one of these as I had to go on a trip in France .I never go out without such a tool (Victorinox, Leatherman, SOG or Gerber) but, I want to stay surely on the right side of the Law when I go abroad . The Bladeless Gerber appeared to be the best choice for my needs. Great quality as always with the Gerber USA made tools, easy ergos (one hand opening pliers), rather lightweight but solid construction, it would be a 5 star rating but...Tool Kit– Many multi tool manufacturers now offer a bit kit to go with a built in bit driver. Gerber has taken the unique step of building a tool kit with bit attachment that fits over their standard phillips head driver. Once in place you can use the included bits for several different screw types and sizes. I bought this the same time as I bought a Leatherman Rebar (Bladeless). I wanted to compare the two and being Leatherman through and through I had already made my decision in my mind as to which one would be on my belt everyday. That was until I used both, even though the tool set on the Rebar feels more robust, the erganomics and general feel of the Gerber is far better. Everytime I used the rebar I would cut or pinch my skin on some edge or whilst closing it. The MP600 is faultless in that manner and earned a place on my belt and the Rebar is in an emergency bag in the 4x4. Here's the 26 I have listed, with item and UPC numbers and descriptions, in case the pics above aren't legible. It's an efficient way to do business. Kind of like how automakers share body platforms. One handle of the new Center Drive looks pretty much like a CAD copy/paste of the MP600 with added parts. Now they don't have to stamp out 20 different serrated blades. They've got one in two colors that fit into 20 or so models. Would your average collector consider those variations desirable like how SAK-collectors will buy a tool just for the scale colors? Likely not to that extent but it's a windfall for the average consumer who gets what they want without having to buy something else.

It always sits funny with us that multi tool makers count a lanyard ring as a ‘tool’. Is it a useful feature? Sure, especially in areas where there’s a risk of dropping your multi tool in water or muddy conditions. But a tool, definitely not. That being said, Gerber’s does exactly what you need it to do and is sturdy enough to support the weight of the tool without issue. If you’re just looking to do odd jobs around the house we’d recommend you go with the Center Drive. It’s specialized for repair and construction type jobs. The MP600 is an overall more balanced multi tool for the money. The beak’s spine also features a rounded design, promoting ease in bending wires and reaching narrow spots. Furthermore, it has a wire cutter designed in such a way that you can use it for cutting small stems and branches with ease. Other Nice Features of the Gerber MP600I also noticed how easy it is to maintain each one. Generally, it is capable of offering all the things that anyone wants to get from a multi-tool knife blade. Can and Bottle Openers MP600 PRO SCOUT075640-13658-07564-1Multi-Plier 600 - Pro Scout Needlenose Stainless, w/ Tool Kit, SheathBox I could not buy it from Heinnie, this time, since it wasn't listed at the time I needed it the most. Sorry HH, next time, for sure.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment