276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Electro- Harmonix 'Small Clone'

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I have this small pedalboard I use alone at home for practicing, all made of old style pedals, with an Electro Harmonix Soul Preacher compressor, a Soul Food, a The Glove Overdrive, a Neo Clone and a Memory Toy, all nano versions. The three controls featured on the pedal are Volume, Rate, and Depth – the standard trio for chorus pedals. You can control the dynamics of the pedal using the volume knob, adjust the speed of the chorus using the rate control, or manipulate the color of the effect using depth.

Whether or not the pedal is stereo won't matter to you if you don't run a dual amp set-up. Nevertheless, it might be that even if you use the pedal in mono, you'll get a chance to use it in stereo for recording. There's few things quite as mind-bending as stereo chorus, especially when used tastefully. A few years ago BOSS launched a premium line of redesigned guitar effects under the label Waza, which means art and technique in Japanese. Waza Craft pedals are aimed to be idealized versions of the originals, offering the same sonic character but with less noise and a more consistent tone. My Review: ZVEX Effects’ Instant Lo-Fi Junky Vexter pedal is exactly what you’d expect from this experimental manufacturer – otherworldly, strange, and brilliant! It’s a unique pedal that squashes and warps your guitar signal with rhythmic modulation and sharp, vintage-style compression. My Review: The third edition of Old Blood Noise’s Reflector pedal includes all of the strange and exciting features of the original and its predecessor, with newly added capabilities further improving its performance. Who is this best suited for: The Old Blood Noise Reflector V3 is best suited for guitarists who want to push the chorus effects to its limits. With added reverb producing capabilities, it’s a great choice for anyone who is considering purchasing a reverb pedal.Waza Craft installed a second analog mode on the DC-2W, alongside the original singular analog circuitry. It, therefore, uses two independent circuits, the SDD-320 and the S modes, resulting in a wider sonic horizon. To protect the integrity of your clean tone, the pedal is also fitted with a premium buffer, resulting in low-noise, the pure transference of signal, and bypass. Who is this best suited for: The TC Electronic Corona Chorus pedal is best suited for guitarists who want both vintage, analog chorus, and more modern, processed chorus sounds. It also produces flange, so if you were thinking of purchasing a flanger pedal too, you can save yourself some money and effort by getting the Corona. The third option utilizes TC’s TonePrint technology – via a USB connection, users can import “custom pedal-tweaks made by top-performing guitarists” into the pedal, or design their own customized chorus effects from scratch with the free TonePrint Editor. I’m going to do my best to describe the differences between these pedals, but the best way to really explore these different sounds is to actually get your hands on one, whether you borrow or buy it. If you can’t get hold of the original unit I’m describing, then get hold of a Line 6 modeling unit, or any really well-made clone that models the classic pedal. The main thing is: you gotta play it yourself to really understand. I don’t mean that in a snobby, elitist way. That’s just how pedals work.

Chorus pedals fall into the category of modulation-based effects. Similar in nature to flangers and phasers, these pedals add color to your guitar’s tone using certain processing methods. There are few effects as unique and recognizable as the chorus. Tremolo and vibrato are included as well, in both solid-state and vacuum tube options. These are available in the Stereo Pulsar (solid-state) and Wiggler (tube) pedals. The Electro-Harmonix Eddy Analog Vibrato and Chorus features classic analog chorus/vibrato effects with rich textures and depth that are commonly found on vintage or boutique pedals. Although multi-effect chorus pedals undeniably provide you with more sound-tweaking options, it’s worth noting that because the attention of the manufacturer has been dispersed more widely, the individual chorus effect may not be of the same quality as a pedal that focuses solely on that effect. There’s no more effective way to add sonic options to your guitar playing than investing in some quality effects pedals. Although there are certain situations where playing clean is required, the more pedals you have at your disposal, the better equipped you are to respond to any situation that arises during a live set or in the studio.The original CS-9 stereo analog chorus was one of the first chorus pedalsto achieve high popularity.

I’m talking about the Ibanez Digital Stereo Chorus DCL, and it's pretty important. You all know that digital is a much more crisp and clean chorus sound. You may not know that in a lot of ways digital is more subtle, since a lot of people think of digital sound as drastic. The Small Clone chorus is a very popular chorus pedal, used by Kurt Cobain, both live and in studio. [6] Like the Small Stone, it is issued in both the standard size and two different smaller versions (the Nano Clone is based on the Clone Theory circuit, while the neo clone is the standard). This line can be blurry. Famously, Andy Summers didn't use a chorus on The Police's Walking On The Moon. It's reportedly an EHX Electric Mistress flanger, which explains his recent signature pedal. What should I look for in a chorus pedal? A guitar pedal board, comprising several EHX pedals, including a Big Muff, POG (polyphonic octave generator), a Stereo Pulsar tremolo and a Tube EQ.

Here Are the Best Guitar Chorus Pedals

There are the frequently found rate and depth parameters that can be used to adjust the movement of the chorus effect, and form the basis of the pedal. Additionally, there’s the less common trio of parameters that give Julia its unique edge. TLDR, the SCH-1 is basically a CE-2 topology modified to be a lot more swingy like a Leslie circuit, with added tone control from a Big Muff fuzz. The main reason for this is that whatever effects pedals are placed after the chorus pedal will be affected by it. If, for example, you were to place distortion-based pedals after your chorus pedal, the already saturated signal would then be subjected to modulation, making it less predictable and more chaotic.

The second pedal is also from 1976 (what can I say? It was a good year for pedals), but it came from a little Danish company that was just getting started, TC Electronics. Their product was the TC Electronic Stereo Chorus Plus. On your quest to find the best possible chorus pedal, you’ve probably come across the term “True Bypass”. This can be confusing if you are unaware of what true bypass means, what it does to your tone, and why it is installed on pedals. Also available are a series of pitch modulation pedals. These include the Micro Synthesizer (for bass or guitar), HOG (Harmonic Octave Generator), POG (Polyphonic Octave Generator, released in 2005), POG 2 (2009), Micro POG (in an XO casing), Nano POG, Octave Multiplexer, Pitch Fork, and Pitch Fork+. The EH Man's Electro-Harmonix Extravaganza!!". electroharmonix.vintageusaguitars.com . Retrieved 6 October 2020. Despite the low-cost of this Dandelectro pedal, it’s still pretty robust. Granted, its housing isn’t quite as durable as the pedals that cost four times its price, but for the money it will certainly last for a considerable length of time, providing you look after it. With Mix, Depth, and Rate controls, you can adjust every aspect of the chorus effect, and create your unique blend.There are a lot of great pedals out there manufactured by some of the well known manufacturers. Some of them can be relatively expensive which means there's a big market for guitar pedal clones. This superb chorus and vibrato tool requires a standard center-negative 9-volt power supply (30mA minimum; not included) and is a great choice for those that want to have versatility for a great variety of situations as well as deep sonic experimentation. 6. Electro-Harmonix Small Clone Analog Chorus

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment