276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Bloom into You Vol. 6 (Bloom into You (Manga))

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Other minor characters like Maki, Koyomi, Doujima and Akari I find better than the main cast, to be honest, they are more original than the MCs and their attitudes towards everything is based on what kind of character they are, they don't do anything they wouldn't normally do and they do have some feelings to go out of their way to act based on what they think is the best option, again, in their manner. When you look into these characters, they are normal people, with the wills to do as they please, but it is because they are normal and have reasoning, that I feel as if they are better than the main cast. It's a shame they are not developed. Well, not like this worked for me even as a shoujo-ai an away. Most of the volumes is padded with annoying "I love you but I don't love you and you love me but you also can't love me" bullshitting. I knew how this was going to end, you knew it, we all knew it and yet you still have to drag through 7 volumes to get to the expected ending. To be fair, the last volume is actually nice. If the filler between the introduction and the finale was removed with more content added after the finale this would have been much better. But there just isn't anything really interesting happening there. Nothing really caught my attention as the story progressed. Nothing when I said to myself "now this is where it gets good". Up until the end I still struggle to understand the overwhelmingly positive reception of this manga, as it doesn't do much outside from what the average shoujo-ai manga does. Actually, the scenario of the theatre play within the story sounded significantly more interesting than the story itself. Just do that as a story instead, please? As we know, Sayaka was three years in love with Touko and she couldn’t “win” her love in return because of Yuu. We also learned from Yuu that she had gotten a girlfriend named Haru (someone who I think is the perfect match for her and I will explain why after talking about the third and last volume). But we didn’t know how was her past in details, although we knew about her Senpai in Junior High.

We have read the manga, so we know about their relationship. The second volume explores all her experiences through High School, even the first year when obviously they hadn’t met Yuu yet. This volume was the “weakest” for me in terms of history and storytelling but that doesn’t mean it was bad. I liked the first more because it tells a new story and I think the personality of Sayaka was portrayed in a very good way. This second just add some things to the three years of Sayaka in High School from her perspective. That is to say, the same timeline of the manga. We finally get to see the play, Touko becomes a more confident person, and Yuu grapples with her feelings for Touko! I enjoy how much this series delves into the nature of identity and how love interacts with it. We have a college student Sayaka. We learn she has become very good friends with Yuu, what I find beautiful because she could left behind her little jealousy to form a great friendship with someone incredible like Yuu. Plus, they live close to each other, so this helped to reinforce the relationship now that they had both graduated. We have even seen this at the end of the manga, when Yuu talks about Haru and Touko didn’t know anything about her. Sayaka chosed Yuu to be the first to know about her new relationship and even introduced them to each other. I would really like to see how she would have played out if she had never met Yuu, a character of her kind would just be completely contradictory that I can't see how she would go on other than she realises that what she was doing was stupid. Which would have summed up the entire manga anyways if Yuu were to not exist. Making Nanami an idiot from the get-go. Quite a shame since she could have been such a better character than she was made out to be.

This item contains adult content

Bloom into You is a charming love story about two young women who together discover that their dreams of a heart-pounding romance can indeed come true. With endearing characters and a beautiful art style, Bloom into You is a fan favourite series within the genre that will be a hit for fans of Citrus and Girl Friends. Bloom into You is an ongoing series and will be released as single volumes with at least one full-colour illustration per book. Yuu has always loved shoujo manga and fantasizes about the day that she too will get a love confession that will send her heart a-flutter. Yet when a male classmate confesses his feelings for her...she feels nothing. Disappointed and confused, Yuu enters high school still unsure how to respond. That's when Yuu sees the beautiful student council president Nanami turn down a suitor with such maturity and finesse that Yuu is inspired to ask her for advice. But when the next person to confess to Yuu is the alluring Nanami herself, has Yuu's shoujo romance finally begun? Anyways, I believe I did point out stories that are similar to this, so here are a few I can think of, all I think are in some shape or form better than Bloom Into You:

We have finally reached the student council play! I loved it! It gave me everything that I was looking for in this manga and allowed our characters to do kind of a deep dive into, not only themselves, but those around them. I can’t wait to see what the characters do with all of this recent character development. ever feels out of place or rushed, and each one feels relevant to the overall story. The last few chapters provide a satisfying conclusion. In general, yuri has had a rather mixed history, and a myriad of series that don’t take themselves seriously and/or suffer from poorly-written characters and narratives have made the rounds in the past few years. Thankfully, Yagate Kimi ni Naru (Bloom into You) avoids these issues, placing well-written characters into an engaging and thoughtfully crafted narrative to create a moving coming-of-age story.

Resources

Anyway ... Yuu finally confesses her feelings to Touko and the reader is led to think that from then everything would be wonderful, but Touko can't act and answer affirmatively about it. She loves Yuu but is afraid of what being loved by someone she is in love with, means to the future of both. The original Yagate Kimi ni Naru manga by Nio Nakatani began serialization in April 2015 in Dengeki Daioh, a monthly manga magazine published by ASCII MediaWorks (a brand of KODAKAWA). By the way, these thoughts that Sayaka had to go through are similar to what Yuu had to face to realize she had fell in love with Touko. Iruma captured very well the scence of the manga with this. Now the story leaves the epitome of "oh I can't do this since it will make her sad" and lying to yourself so much so. At this point, we have seen gradual change happen with the characters, especially that of Yuu, which was a nice change to witness, but it only leads down to the monotonous path of not staying true to yourself you usually see in most romance anime/manga. Now I don't have a problem with generic storytelling, if something is the norm, it doesn't mean that it is bad because other stories follow the same structure. It just means that it is the norm. Not good. Not bad. So from Vol 7 onwards, that is exactly what you get, misunderstandings creating a regular situation. Honestly speaking, this is the best part of the entire manga. But there isn't much to say from it other than, you have seen this before if you are familiar with the genre, and that what you expect to happen, will likely happen. What I found most displeasing is not volume 2, but volume 3. Volume 2 was great as expected. It gave us insight into Sayaka's relationship with Nanami Touko, her interactions, and how she views and loves Touko in her first year. If there's anything to complain about, then I would say how offsetting this volume felt. It did its job perfectly, but since we're looking through the lens of what technically is a side character, the volume felt oddly stagnant. We don't get to better know the person Sayaka fell in love with at all, since it's already done in the main work. We only get to know what Sayaka knows, but since Touko and her are so emotionally distant, Sayaka might as well be a viewer or a bystander who can never close in such distance. This is most likely what the novel was trying to emphasize, but it nonetheless carries a strangely different feel to the story than I'm used to. Nevertheless, volume 2 served its purpose with its never-failing careful consideration of portraying characters. It's the bridge to volume 3, Sayaka's future.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment