276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Little Beach Street Bakery: The ultimate feel-good read from the Sunday Times bestselling author

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It looks like there will be a new one in this series coming out this year and it mentions quarantine and I am going to say heck no right now to any romance books written about COVID-19. To read more about the site or if you want a graphic to link to us, see the about page for more details. While I’m not a fan of love triangles and especially squares in general, what really disappointed me with this one in particular was the lack of chemistry between Polly and any of the men.

Summer at Little Beach Street Bakery - The Book Trail Summer at Little Beach Street Bakery - The Book Trail

Polly is happy, although she still is resistant to Huckle’s idea of marriage and keeps putting him off. Cornwall is the setting of many gorgeous bakeries and cream tea establishments and we’re only sad to report that the beach street bakery is fictional. Tiene una gran evolución: al comienzo es una mujer con problemas, retraída y bastante tímida, pero acaba siendo fuerte, decidida y positiva; y logra maravillar a los habitantes de Mount Polbearne con sus deliciosas creaciones transformando su afición en su oficio. She has a huge secret she must keep from her husband, and tells Polly but insists she keep it from Huckle, who is best friends with her husband. You can't have someone mention one parent is dead and then in latter books they are alive, or lose track of the brothers and sisters you gave them.There are secrets and drama along the way, but (no surprise) we get the HEA we've been expecting, and it's a treat to see it all come together. Nadat ik zo genoten had van de eerdere avonturen van Polly, wilde ik geen dag langer wachten om het slotdeel van deze fijne trilogie te lezen! I didn’t realize it was a series when I picked it up, and I don’t really feel that I was missing all that much for not having begun with book one.

LITTLE BEACH STREET BAKERY | Kirkus Reviews SUMMER AT LITTLE BEACH STREET BAKERY | Kirkus Reviews

This is what awaits Polly Waterford when she arrives at the Cornish coast, fleeing a ruined relationship. Everything she had revered was gone and, to survive the bankruptcy of her business, Jenny moved to a small Cornish town. Although I still miss the exact feeling I had reading the first book, this has improved so much in comparison to the second one. She lost her business and her boyfriend, and at that point in time, Jenny thought her life was over. It's Christmas in the Cornish coastal village of Mount Polbearne - a time for family, friends and feasting.Instead, there are lots of other things going on besides the bakery like a wedding, fishermen, puffins, and beekeeping.

Little Beach Street Bakery by Jenny Colgan | Waterstones

The only other American in this book was a typical cliche of a rich dotcom young adult that I kept rolling my eyes.Door de fijne, vlotte, beeldende schrijfstijl van Jenny Colgan word je het verhaal ingetrokken, bevind je je op het getijdeneiland en kon ik niet meer stoppen met lezen. She used to say in old tin miners cottages near Polperro as a child and the days spent at Polperro beach still bring happy and vivid memories which goes to show that the beaches which feature heavily in her books as a whole have a real sense of place over time. I loved all of the scenes where she actually baked the bread and thought about bread - it was fun to learn about all the different types and what you need to do to make them. La passion de Polly pour la fabrication du pain se fait très bien ressentir et les passages parlant de ce qu'elle fait sont des plus réussis.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment