276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Light is the New Black: A Guide to Answering Your Soul's Callings and Working Your Light

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I created these with the intention of guiding you not only to hear the callings of your soul, but to act on them too... I have done a lot of overthinking and worrying in my time and recently I've been trying to take life less seriously. Stuff will happen and it will touch you and change you. Things will get DEEP and life is crazy. But we don't have to plan for it. This book takes life quite seriously and that's just something I don't need at the moment.

When Rebecca talked about not knowing. Because there is this thing about following your dreams and your passions (people make it sound so easy), but what if you don't know what your dreams are? To be honest, the whole Soul Purpose thing stressed me out. It felt like a big decision to make, the type that hangs over you until you do it. But I was petrified that I might miss my life, or get it wrong. She says that you have to be OK with having no idea what is going to happen and then do things anyway. It's not about having a detailed plan, or knowing where things will lead, and it's not about a specific job or career. It's simple - our soul is always calling. You can light up the world when doing the simplest of things from cooking dinner to updating your social media. The image of Rebecca waiting for the Universe to call and tell her her purpose was fun and relatable. " I wanted to know the final destination before I took the first step." There were pieces missing, a journey needed to be taken. I called upon the Universe and spiritual teachers to support me. This book is the result of that journey. It has a little bit of a memoir vibe to it as Rebecca Campbell tells the story of her spiritual journey and then she also offers advice on how others can find their true calling and open up spiritually. I think this is always something that has interested me but never something I've particularly thought about. And that, I think, kind of sums up the whole book. There's no point. Even the more practical advice on self-care and tapping into your intuition or spiritual self is all things I've read before from authors who have more concrete lessons to impart, or who at least don't try to pretend that they've had a rough go of it first. Everything else, from her life story snippets to her attempts at empowerment poetry, are shallow, vague, repetitive, poorly-written (she even ends a chapter with "LOL"...), poorly-edited and clearly feeling like a cash-grab directed at middle-class-and-up comfortable women who've never known hardship beyond being passed up for a promotion. The concept of listening to your soul. Answering the calling of your soul isn't a one-time act; it's a perpetual conversation. It's not actually about doing one big thing, or finding one single answer to the great big question: 'What is my purpose?' It's doing hundreds of thousands of little things in that direction, one after the other. Being intentional, kind and passionate in your day to day life. Choosing the decisions and ways that light you up. One step at a time. That's a beautiful concept.The author provides a fresh perspective on some well-known "new age" wisdom. She has a great accent, but I had to replay from time to time because I misunderstood or couldn't figure out something she said the first time. If you always feel like you're searching life for why you're here and it weighs on you every day, wondering 'what is my purpose?', this book is for you. Now for the negative. What I didn't like about this book. I said at the beginning of this review that Rebecca and I believe different things. I'm trying to be positive and supportive but I'm allowed my opinion and wow, I rolled my eyes and groaned A LOT while reading this book. I consider myself to be quite a thoughtful, weird and open person but there are some things I just can't get along with at the moment...

Each new generation needs a new inspirational voice. To me, Rebecca Campbell is that voice. I just love witnessing a new, young talent about to unleash a storm that will change the way we think about our personal empowerment and spirituality.’ I wasn't entirely sure what this book would be about but I loved the cover and something about it just appealed to me. I was curious about what this book would tell me. It's written in a easy to read format with diary like entries, affirmations, quotes from influential people and mantras. You can choose to read it all through at once or read a 'chapter' per day. All through this she was studying and learning and filling herself up with trying to understand more about that spiritual side of her which cried out for nourishment, up until she committed to answering that call and adapting her life to get into alignment with it.I created these with the intention of guiding you not only to hear the callings of your soul, but to act on them too… GailLarsen, founderofReal Speaking®andauthorof Transformational Speaking: If YouWantto ChangetheWorld, TellaBetter Story This book came into being as the author collated what she'd called Rebecca's Thoughts and shared through social media. In book form, it's organised into a very engaging narrative of how the author became aware of her interest in the divine, in a more spiritual perspective of life and how she for many years ignored it, until she could no longer.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment