276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Makita 9741 Wheel Sander

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Exchanging brushes can be a bit finnicky as you need to lie the machine on its side, pull a long pin out, swap out brushes, and sometimes must jiggle the pin back into alignment, then you tighten it all back up. Ideal for the clean up of re-claimed timbers, logs, and rough-sawn beams, and for giving planed surfaces a more rustic look. WOODWEB suggests that companies responding to such a question provide detailed and substantive replies rather than responses that read as a one-sided product promotion.

My only gripe here is that the dust port is on the right, which is a bit awkward for right handed use (works great if you're a lefty though).This ideal for sanding and denibbing all profiles including - architrave, skirting and flooring products for medium to large scale production. I need them to get down into the grooves and cracks, removing the years of gunk built up from farm activity and weather. I'm trying to find an easy way to lighten these boards (essentially removing the dark stain) so that I can either go with a clear finish or, in trendy "Chip and Joanna Gaines" style, whitewash them keeping them very light with just a bit of natural wood/knots showing through. It will not sand the outside vertical edge of your door, as the brush will move over the edge and not down the edge.

The STC2 brush back sander is ideal for finishing, sanding, cleaning , denibbing and sanding straight or curved profiles and furniture components. The other tool I'd like to throw in as a comparable and see if anyone has any first hand experience is the Porter Cable PXRA2676 Multi Surface Tool. They are available in “r” versions with steel and Tynex® brushes, dedicated to the rustication of solid wood or in “I” versions standard fitted with abrasive insert brushes and inverter controlled motors for surface sanding. It also has a max depth setting adjustable wheel on the front, which comes in handy when trying to do more delicate work.

FOB Queensbury, NY - You will be contacted with a freight quote or you can arrange your own freight. A Thread Related File that contains inappropriate content will be removed, and uploaded files that are not directly related to the message thread will be removed. The end result, however, was a lot of smooth wood on the panel -- areas that were lighter colored and where the grain was not raised. Well, I was thinking the same thing after those initial tests, so I decided to run a side by side comparison on the same face of yet another board.

I highly doubt a major company like MasterBrand is going to remove a machine that isn’t capable of achieving the quality of finish they are looking for, and replace it with another manufacture just because it’s new and bright and shiny. WOODWEB reserves the right to delete any messages with links, files, or images it deems inappropriate. Messages requesting private responses will be removed - Forums are designed to provide information and assistance for all of our visitors. Our sanding machine are available for many different sanding demands, such as flat surface sanding, irregular curve surface sanding, moulding profile sanding and 3D carved sanding, grooves sanding, wood grain sanding etc. The tactile differences between the nylon and wire brushed surfaces aren't really picked up by the camera, but when you run your hand over the board the wire brushed sections are definitely not as smooth.When a tree is cut down and cut into long sections or logs it is then inserted into a horizontal band saw or portable saw mill. The only exceptions are the Classified Ads Exchange, Machinery Exchange, Lumber Exchange, and Job Opportunities and Services Exchange. Thread Related Files posted at WOODWEB's Forums and Exchanges should provide supporting information for the topic being discussed in the current message thread. I do not know this forum world very well and this is my first post so I would appreciate feedback that would get my request out the best.

The rear handle is tilted so it can put my wrist at an awkward angle, but this leaves an option to hold the handle at the back like a hand saw. Unlike a drum sander which can only dimension a flat surface, the bristles on the brushes flex and bend to conform to profiles. Brush Sander Machine | As a reclaimed timber woodworker I use wire brush sander machines to clean up barn wood before it goes into processing. Whiskey Barrel Stave Cleaning Process Whiskey Barrel Stave | When I received my first barrel almost 10 years ago I had no idea how hard it was going to be to prep and cleaning barrel staves and heads into usable wood so I could create the wild ideas rattling around in. However, traditional sanders can be time-consuming and labor-intensive, especially when working with intricate designs or hard-to-reach areas.

When brushing the beam edge, however, the situation is more dire, as there's no surface to create airflow for the part of the brush out in space. Then it's off to the sanding tables where several people putty, hand sand (some with orbitals and some with blocks) and check for defects. They currently don't have a full 2 1/2" wire brush for it (only like 1/2" width) but the value was hard to pass up.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment