276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Elizabeth Taylor Violet Eyes Eau de Parfum Spray 100 ml, (Pack of 1)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

There are various shades of blues and grays, with many in-between. Violet may have been her typical pigmentation," Norman Saffra, chairman of the ophthalmology department at the Maimonides Medical Center in Brooklyn, N.Y., told Live Science . "It's possible to have that eye color; it all depends on the amount of melanin." A gene on chromosome 15 produces melanin, which helps determine skin and eye color. This gene can alter due to mutations and produce less pigment, causing the eyes to take on a bluish-purple hue. It all begins with a look. Violet or blue, Elizabeth Taylor’s gaze was one of a kind. Developed by perfumer Carlos Benaïm, who famously created Elizabeth Taylor White Diamonds, Violet Eyes was launched in 2010 and inspired by her unforgettable eye color. The "sensual floral" notes of white peach, jasmine, purple rose, peony, cedar, and amber are feminine and captivating; a composition Elizabeth adored. Purple eyes continue to captivate people worldwide, likely due to its rarity. Those with violet eyes are “mysterious and alluring.” Some even consider them a symbol of strength and intelligence, qualities that set them apart. Final Thoughts

Best Known For: Actress Elizabeth Taylor starred in films like 'Cat on a Hot Tin Roof' and 'Butterfield 8' but was just as famous for her violet eyes and scandalous love life. I don't want to be a sex symbol. I would rather be a symbol of a woman who makes mistakes, perhaps, but a woman who loves.Violet Eyes is quite pretty, feminine and suitable for all ages. I think avid fans of Elizabeth Taylor will enjoy this as well as the younger consumers, who will no doubt wonder who on Earth she was. I'm glad she released one last fragrance before her passing, and I'm glad it was this one, a homage to her famous violet coloured eyes.

One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues. Hadley Hall Meares; " Crazy Love: Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton’s Epic Romance" Vanity Fair, 2020 I'm more of a man's woman. With men, there's a kind of twinkle that comes out. I sashay up to a man. I walk up to a woman. ACCORDING TO GOOGLE’S SEARCH statistics, the late Hollywood actress Elizabeth Taylor’s eyes are the most Googled in the world, with a staggering 27,100 global searches per month for the term “Elizabeth Taylor eyes”. By comparison, Bollywood actress Aishwarya Rai Bachchan comes in second, with 6,000 monthly searches for her sea-green eyes, music celebrity Rihanna takes third with 4,400 searches, while Megan Fox, Taylor Swift and Miley Cyrus are all joint third with 2,400 searches about their real eye colour. Altogether, the various searches about Elizabeth Taylor’s eyes and eye colour amount to over 325,000 online queries per year. Alexandria’s Genesis is an online myth that states a genetic mutation involving purple eyes turns people into perfect beings.Elizabeth Rosemond Taylor was born on February 27, 1932, in London, England. One of film's most celebrated stars, Taylor fashioned a career that's covered more than six decades, accepting roles that have not only showcased her beauty, but her ability to take on emotionally charged characters.

Uveitis is another natural cause of purple eyes. This condition occurs when the uvea—a layer within the eye—becomes inflamed.Taylor was born on February 27, 1932 in London, England. Although she was born an English subject, her parents, Sara Taylor (née Sara Viola Warmbrodt) and Francis Taylor, were Americans, art dealers from St. Louis, Missouri (her father had gone to London to set up a gallery). Her mother had been an actress on the stage, but gave up that vocation when she married. Elizabeth lived in London until the age of seven, when the family left for the US when the clouds of war began brewing in Europe in 1939. They sailed without her father, who stayed behind to wrap up the loose ends of the art business. I really admired Elizabeth Taylor, not only for her beauty, but for her immense talent as an actor as well. Her most famous release, White Diamonds was quite nice in my opinion, the only downfall being its incompatibility with my skin chemistry. Violet Eyes on the other hand, while not smelling of violets, seemed like a younger, fruitier take on composing a fragrance. But what colour were Elizabeth Taylor's eyes? The answer is, they were not purple, as many believe, but dark blue, and merely appeared to be a purple colour when exposed to lighting, make-up, particular hues of clothing or as a result of photographic re-touching. True purple coloured eyes are extremely rare, and almost always occur in people with albinism — the condition in which a person is born with little or no pigment in their eyes, skin or hair. Albinos possess low levels of melanin, the natural substance that determines pigment. It is this deficiency that creates purple eyes. Elizabeth Taylor’s eye color has a few explanations. “There are various shades of blues and grays, with many in-between,” Norman Saffra, chairman of the ophthalmology department at the Maimonides Medical Center in Brooklyn, New York, explained to Live Science. “Violet may have been her typical pigmentation.”

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment