276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Viennetta Mint Ice Cream 650 ml

£2.75£5.50Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

So yes the Co-op is cheaper if you’re buying the whole lot, but suddenly the savings aren’t looking so huge. Watch out for the individual items See what 13 cities held the world's longest ice cream dessert record before Ludington". mlive. 19 October 2016 . Retrieved 10 April 2021. Launched originally as a multi-portion dessert product, its success after being launched throughout KFC and Pizza Hut restaurants led to Unilever, owners of Wall's, producing many flavour and size variants. Viennetta was introduced in the United States and Canada in the late 1980s under the Breyer's brand, [5] and was discontinued in the mid-1990s, but was re-introduced in the US in 2021 under the Good Humor brand. [6] [7]

Now much as I love our local East of England Co-op, it isn’t the only supermarket running Christmas special offers. The worst part and the most disappointing of all is the watery taste of the ice cream. If I would be asked to taste it blindfolded and guess the taste of it I would probably think I am having some crushed ice. Every time I walk by a supermarket ice cream area my eyes go to the place where I find a Viennetta while my mind wander to my childhood when having a slice of Viennetta was a show that was involving all senses. From the eyes being amazed by the waves on the top, to the crunch of the many chocolate layers, to the great taste that my mouth was sure would enjoy soon.Switch to fresh veg instead, and you can get a whopping 3.5kg of parsnips, Brussel sprouts, carrots and mini roasts for 76p from Lidl, 4.5kg for 85p from Aldi! Every Christmas (yes, I know we’re in late February) my very kind family always gift me a large box of After Eight Mints, due to my love of all things mint this has practically become a tradition (apart from the disappointing Christmas of 2014 which we shall not mention). Slowly word spread of just how easily pleased this baker is when it comes to gifts & now I find myself with a plethora of bottle green boxes every year.

Magical, ever-dependable slices of sort-of-chocolatey happiness. The actual taste of unloading an 80s Friday-night big shop from the car while your mother screams at you not to spoil your tea. On closer scrutiny, I now see that a Penguin is just a large, milkier, slightly posher Bourbon. But the bright red wrapper with the unmistakable logo makes it so much more. And it comes with a joke. I say, I say, I say, why can’t Penguins play football? A: Snowballs. Can’t work out whether this is a climate joke or pithy satire about gender division among aquatic flightless birds in the southern hemisphere. Doesn’t matter. 5/5 To decorate, use your hands again to break up the rest of the After Eight mints & arrange them in a circle on top of the cheesecake Take 150g (half a box) of the After Eight mints & use your hands to break break them up into irregular sized pieces

Reviews

A long running UK advertising campaign for the product used the slogan "one slice is never enough", which is still occasionally used in promotion efforts. Unilever no longer produces the brand in Canada. It is sold in Australia and New Zealand under the Streets brand. It is sold in Italy in all supermarkets by Algida, and in Israel by Strauss, under the name Fantasia ("פנטסיה") [8] as well as Germany, [9] Greece [10] and Austria. [11] It is sold in Japan by Morinaga & Company. In Finland, Viennetta is sold under the Ingman brand. [12]

At this stage, I should mention that the working classes are, and always have been, very diverse, so some readers will be screaming: “Oh, how patronising – my family had no money throughout the 1980s, but my mother made lentil soup from scratch every day!” This I can only applaud. In fact, let me pause and pay tribute to those kids with a mother like Toni Collette in About A Boy, who never tasted mint Viennetta and were not allowed to eat Cadbury’s chocolate rolls at birthday parties. Even if you aren’t feeding the 5,000 for Christmas, those are great veg prices for many more side dishes, soups and potato-based meals. In 2007, to celebrate the brand's 25th birthday, a 22.7 metres (74ft) long Viennetta was made, setting the world record for longest ice cream. [2] [4] Worldwide distribution [ edit ]Reconstituted Skimmed 𝐌𝐢𝐥𝐤, Sugar, Chocolate Flavour Layers (11%) (Coconut Oil, Sugar, Fat Reduced Cocoa Powder, Emulsifier: Lecithins (𝐒𝐨𝐲𝐚); Flavouring), Coconut Oil, Skimmed 𝐌𝐢𝐥𝐤 Powder, Glucose Syrup, Cocoa Powder, Emulsifier: Mono- And Diglycerides Of Fatty Acids; Stabilisers: Guar Gum, Carboxymethyl Cellulose, Carrageenan; Flavouring, Plant Extracts (Safflower Concentrate, Spirulina Concentrate). Fashion stylist: Kara Kyne. Prop stylist: Elena Horn. Food stylist: Dagmar Vesely at Hers agency. Hair and makeup: Sarah Cherry using Bobbi Brown and Kerastase. Knitted skirt and wrap sweater, both Diane von Furstenberg at Harvey Nichols. St James cake stand and silver-plated tea set, both fortnumandmason.com. Table and chairs, conranshop.com.

The idea of creating a gateau made of ice cream and alternated chocolate flavour layers was developed in 1981 by Kevin Hillman, a product development manager at Wall’s Ice Cream. Registered as a unique design, Viennetta was launched as a Christmas speciality in 1982. In a bowl, combine the biscuit crumbs with the melted butter, ensuring that all of the biscuit has been coated by the butterAs I write today, now in my 40s and living the London life of a Guardian columnist – knee-deep in fancy quinoa, invites to juicing bars and nutritional yeast as a condiment – I confess that I have quit processed food almost entirely. I am at least two years clean since my last Greggs cheese pasty. My fridge is filled with the rainbow of fresh colours that nutritionist Amelia Freer advises us to eat. I am the perfect example of the working-class woman who took notice of all the health warnings. I spent time in California, where my colleagues lived on goji berries and activated sprouts and no one had more than 10% body fat. Their skin gleamed, their bones stayed dense and no one was off work with gout. I cut refined carbs, factory foods and chemical flavourings from my life. What I am left with, alongside a Holland & Barrett loyalty card and a smaller waist, is a confused and jumbled identity. The chocolate layers inside are gone; those rare very thin layers are lost inside. Just by cutting a slice, you can barely see them, and there is not much to taste either. Nowadays, having a Viennetta is disappointing at all levels. Apart from the shape and waves, everything is poor, if not bad. Treat yourself with our delicious Viennetta Mint Ice Cream Dessert. This classic flavour is an indulgent combination of rich mint flavour ice cream layered with crisp chocolate in between, and is the perfect addition to any dessert to share with family and friends. Our classic Viennetta Mint frozen dessert is made without artificial colours or flavourings. Viennetta Mint ice cream was first created by Wall’s in Gloucester, and it has been a family favourite ever since. Viennetta is a truly unique ice cream dessert, its unique shape is created with mint ice cream interlaced with chocolate flavour layers. It is part of the Wall’s ice cream family, alongside other tasty treats like Soft Scoop and Cream of Cornish. Like many of our other delicious products, our indulgent Viennetta Mint ice cream is made in Gloucester. Our Viennetta Mint ice cream is the perfect frozen dessert for both family and special occasions. Viennetta is a must-have staple in your freezer, you will always find yourself wanting more – one slice is never enough! Try a Viennetta today and experience the delicious taste of this ice cream treat for yourself. If you like Viennetta Mint, why not try our iconic Viennetta Vanilla ice cream dessert?. Treat yourself with our Viennetta Mint Ice Cream Dessert. Refreshing mint flavour ice cream with no artificial colours or flavours. This mint and chocolate frozen dessert is waves of smooth, rich mint flavour ice creams between crisp chocolate layers. Our classic Viennetta Mint Ice Cream Dessert 650 ml contains 7 portions of delicious ice cream. The original dessert ice cream made in the UK since 1982. Our classic mint and chocolate ice cream treat is made for sharing with the whole family. Viennetta.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment