276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Canon EOS 450D Digital SLR Camera Kit (incl EF-S 18-55mm IS f/3.5-5.6 non USM Lens Kit)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The exposure metering is usually very good, but does tend to under-expose a little in bright sunlight. At the heart of any Canon camera is the shutter unit. Canon test and rate their shutter units ahead of each new camera launch for example the Canon EOS 1DX Mark III is rated up to 500,000 shutter actuations. Canon shutter units are made to be fast and durable but they are a mechanical part which can fail. The EOS Integrated Cleaning System combats sensor dust in three important ways: Reduce, Repel and Remove. Seriously though, while the EOS 450D’s sensor and image processor capture plenty of colour and contrast they are let down by the less-than-stellar sharpness of the kit lens.

Canon EOS 450D digital SLR Review | Trusted Reviews

We are also unable to service Canon video equipment, scanners, printers, faxes or multi-function printers. The first thing that strikes you about the 450D is how small and light it is. It measures 128.8 x 97.5 x 61.9 mm and weighs approximately 475g body-only, slightly larger but 35g lighter than the EOS 400D. It is also 20g lighter than the Nikon D60 and over 50g lighter than Sony’s A200. The camera body is plastic, and unfortunately the low weight does lend it an air of flimsiness which is largely unwarranted by the actual build quality. The plastic is a little thin in places, but overall the camera is quite sturdy. With all key components developed and manufactured in-house, EOS offers photographers a unique quality advantage. The EOS 450D’s specially designed 12.2 Megapixel sensor employs Canon’s high-sensitivity, low-noise CMOS technology to produce richly detailed images with minimal grain. The DIGIC III processor ensures superior image rendering and rapid response times, with an almost instant 0.1 start up. Image data is processed at 14 bits for Delivering a burst rate of 3.5 frames per second, the DIGIC III processor works with the image buffer to handle up to 53 JPEGs (6 in RAW) without interruption.on the well-positioned dial, but it's annoying that you have to hold down the Exposure Compensation button to change the aperture in Manual mode, rather than just press it once to toggle between shutter speed and aperture. Several custom functions are available to optimise the quality of photos captured in a range of situations. Highlight Tone Priority boosts the dynamic range at the highlight end, providing better tonal detail from wedding dresses, cloudy skies and other bright objects. The new Auto Lighting Optimiser corrects brightness and contrast during image processing, while improving skin tones in portraits by ensuring correct exposure for faces. Photographers can also enable additional noise reduction for shots captured at high ISO speeds. Since the EOS 450D is significantly more expensive than its main market rivals, as one might expect it offers a significant advantage in picture quality, although this is not achieved without some effort. In default JPEG mode I found that the camera under-exposes by about a stop, especially in bright sunshine, which while preserving highlights tends to make shadows very murky. However thanks to 14-bit image processing shooting in Raw mode allows a wide range of exposure correction during post-processing, so colour and detail can emerge from shots that look hopeless as JPEGs. speed and the time and date it was captured, with a second press displaying an additional RGB histogram. It is simple I will take this as a opportunity to thank Sher Camera for the genuine support and guidance you guys have given. Excellent customer service and the cameras and lenses at its best with lower shutter count.

Canon EOS 450D / Digital Rebel XSi - Digital Photography Review Canon EOS 450D / Digital Rebel XSi - Digital Photography Review

Reduce - Internal camera mechanisms are designed to minimise dust generation. The redesigned body cap prevents dust generation through wear on the cap itself. Unfortunately due to a malfunctioning memory card I don’t have my usual selection of ISO test shots today, but I do have this shot taken at 800 ISO, hand-held at 1/5th of a second. See below for a 100-percent magnification crop. All the other test shots are at 100 ISO unless otherwise noted. Yes. If the cover has come off of your mode dial we can replace it in 24 hours. If the mode dial is damaged or impacted we may need to replace the camera top cover. If this is the case we will provide a thorough estimate of the work required.

your mind later. In addition the supplied Picture Style Editor software can be used to create custom Picture Styles on your computer instead of in-camera. and there's some new textured areas on the hand-grip and thumb-rest on the rear of the camera. Holding the camera is a little fiddly because the EOS 450D's comparatively Canon has always made a big thing about extremely fast shooting speeds in continuous mode, and for some people this is a major selling point in a digital SLR. I must admit I rarely use continuous mode, so I tend to consider other features more important, however the 450D will not disappoint those who feel a need for speed. In continuous mode it can rattle off 3.5 shots per second, which while not quite at the level of the EOS 1D MkIII is still pretty respectable, beating the Sony A350, Nikon D80 and Pentax K200D, and equalling the Olympus E-420. While there is naturally a little blurring from the movement of these actors, there is very little image noise, and almost none in the highlight areas. The EOS 450D performs extremely well at high ISO settings.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment