276°
Posted 20 hours ago

A Sky Painted Gold - a gloriously sun-drenched coming-of-age story for fans of THE GREAT GATSBY

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

LW: It is really good, so she’s brilliant. I love Eva Ibbotson’s romances. Generally things that have got a bit of romance in like they can have lots of other stuff going on but I like things that have got a bit of romance in. Freya is hilarious and I highly enjoyed following her story. As a creative, having more creative people in a book is always fun because it helps me remember I'm not alone trying to achieve something. Her interactions with everyone really made it feel like a found family (I love found families), as well as still keeping with her real one. I can't not say this. As soon as I hear historical fiction, I think "boring stuff from years and years ago with stuffy characters and.. too much historical facts mentioned". I can't help it! School gave me this aversion when it comes to history and it has obviously sneaked into my reading preferences as well. This was so, so, so delightful. Freya is possibly one of my favourite protagonists ever - her dramatics are incredibly entertaining, but she's also really sharp and warm, and the way she perceives and interacts with characters like Viola and Nora is so thoughtful and well done (for a modern reader especially). It reminded me a lot of The New Moon With the Old, which I know is obscure as Dodie Smith novels go, but so far Laura Wood is one of the only authors I've come across to capture the same level of charm.

A Sky Painted Gold also enjoyed - Goodreads Readers who enjoyed A Sky Painted Gold also enjoyed - Goodreads

While the books share some themes and characters, A Snowfall Of Silver is a much more energetic and fast-paced story. Eighteen-year-old Freya is an engaging narrator - she is determined where Lou was cautious, and jumps in to new situations with enthusiasm where Lou took time to consider her decisions. In her pursuit of a career on the stage, she is theatrical. She is not afraid to make demands, she holds people to their promises, and she throws herself entirely into her new life. She is determined to take advantage of every opportunity she finds for herself, and she wants to grow up, find success, and enjoy her experiences. A Sky Painted Gold is a gorgeously dreamy coming-of-age romance with all the charm and style of I Capture the Castle and Eva Ibbotson. About This Edition ISBN: However, I always did enjoy those daydream fantasies and this book saves you the trouble of thinking of one yourself 😄He disfrutado mucho con el ambiente de los años 20, una época que personalmente adoro, con las fiestas y detalles que hacía que disfrutaras mucho.

A Sky Painted Gold by Laura Wood | Goodreads A Sky Painted Gold by Laura Wood | Goodreads

This book was magical. It's about Freya who comes to London from Cornwall in 1931 to become and actress. There was a book talk with the author and Scholastic with Lucy Powrie at the weekend. It was great to be able to 'attend', and hear little things about it which were happily put into context as I read. With this one, I don’t think I need to do a lot of explaining. This is the graphic novel for episodes I-III of the Star Wars Saga. Unpopular opinion but I love the prequels, they are my favorite movies in the whole series. LW: Well all sorts of different thing I really like contemporary stuff like I loved the Jenny Han books, I have for a really long time. Like the To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before series is so good and I was so relieved that the adaptation was so perfect because I really love it. Alice Broadway, Keris Stainton… and who else do I like… I just finished the Alice Goodman Dark Day’s trilogy which is like a sort of amazing regency, supernatural thing. It’s like Buffy meets Jane Austen it’s so good. The romance and 30s slang (lots of "oh this is most wonderful!" And "im in an absolute muddle!") were very twee. (The fact that it was set in the 30s also didnt really seem to have any other effect on the story or characters or aesthetic of the book... but maybe it played a bigger role in A Sky Painted Gold)She meets a boy who is a stage hand and he helps her get a job as an assistant to a seamstress in a production. It's so much fun and I loved all the characters.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment