276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Audacity: Why Being Too Much Is Exactly Enough: The Sunday Times bestseller

£10£20.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Katherine launched her hugely successful podcast, Telling Everybody Everything, in 2020 and it went straight to the top of the iTunes UK podcast chart. The audiobook also has a bonus half hour from Katherine’s mother Julie, an intelligent, funny and very wise woman. Jessica wasn’t my sister or my best friend, and I realise I’ve centred myself quite a lot here but that’s because I’m writing a book and her life and brutal murder is something I still consider often, nearly 20 years later. But we are getting ahead of ourselves, because this version of Ryan, the one who hosts panel shows and receives evisceration requests, was shaped by careful accident over 38 years, beginning in Sarnia, a small petrochemical town in Canada.

The Audacity by Katherine Ryan | Goodreads The Audacity by Katherine Ryan | Goodreads

It is clear that Ryan is all about taking chances, from auditioning as a dancer for a Sean Paul video to entering comedy competitions such as the Funny Women Awards which she won in 2008. But it did mean that at 24, Ryan was a single parent in a foreign country whose office job did not cover nursery fees.She grew up far more concerned with being liked than she is now, but the years have thickened her skin, or better, taught her how to prioritise opinions. I've learned to be a sharp-shooter on stage, but there are so many stories that I'm eager to tell in more sincere, longer form. The Audacity combines Katherine's unerring ear for the perfect line with the warmth, compassion and hard-won wisdom that makes up a life on and off stage. Katherine will soon be seen hosting primetime BBC Two jewellery-making competition series, All That Glitters.

The Audacity by Katherine Ryan | Goodreads

The instant bestseller from the star of Netflix's The Duchess, 8 Out of 10 Cats, Your Face or Mine and host of All That Glitters. When she came off stage after that first set, where she joked about being a “dumb, useless girl”, she realised nothing had made her feel so shit and so alive all at once.As my mother always said, 'Katherine, if we all liked the same thing, we'd all be married to your father'. Katherine Ryan has named her autobiography The Audacity, a word (she explains) most commonly used to indicate disapproval. But still couldn't help that a lot of stuff left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth with the way she would talk about it. Her on-again, off-again boyfriend was well-known because he was athletic, which was a quality that people in our town admired.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment