276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Edifier R1280Ts Powered Bookshelf Speakers - 2.0 Stereo Active Near Field Monitors - Studio Monitor Speaker - 42 Watts RMS with Subwoofer Line Out - Wooden Enclosure

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Honestly, to me, I really hated these at first... Like a lot. My ears are quite sensitive to treble and distortion, both of which these speakers have in spades... Even though the treble is peaky, I always felt like things were muffled, or like certain frequencies just never made it through... It's not the kind of "airy" treble that you get from something like Beyers... Beyers are nice because they do have a lot of treble peaking yes, but the way they do it is beneficial to the "detail" of the sound in my opinion. It may hurt a bit... But it's helpful, and you can appreciate it when you're in the right mood... With these speakers, I felt like the treble peaks were more painful than Beyers, yet had zero benefit to the "detail" or "air" of the music. They just straight up hurt, yet still sounded muffled... Looking at FR, I would think that may be due to the relative dip in low mids and 2-3k region in comparison to the rest. I tried playing around with EQ some time ago, but could never really get it to a point where I was satisfied with the sound. I'm definitely looking forward to trying some more EQ's now that I can see what the problem frequencies are, and hopefully it ends up making me appreciate them more for most genres. The Soundfield Spacializer does, however, make movies and TV shows a lot more cinematic. As it’s supposed to, as Edifier says, “produce a panoramic sound stage,” it isn’t surprising that it sounds better on videos than it does on music. We’d even go as far as to say that we prefer watching movies and shows with it on, as the alternative just sounds flatter. Below each grill, you'll find a strategically-placed logo of Edifier. On the right side of the right speaker, you'll find three panels that control treble, bass, and volume - allowing for easy access.

These were the first "real" speakers I bought, and I've owned them for quite some time now. I used them for my computer desk at home, but ended up replacing them with some KRK Rokit 5 G3's years later. These ended up going to my desk at work. The speakers have been designed to provide convenience to the users to the maximum. If you bring this product home, you will not have to get up and use the control. You can easily lie down and relax on your couch or bed while you use the speakers. In WandaVision, that Marvel opening sequence sounds punchier and more cinematic. Meanwhile, the voices in the show come out very clearly even though there’s no center channel. Everything else is also clear and well-balanced. Overall, the Edifier R1280T and R1280Ts are excellent in the high-frequency ranges. The Edifier R1280T and Ts feature a 21W RMS. Meanwhile, the Edifier R1280DB and DBs are slightly advantageous with a 42W RMS. Silk dome tweeters with a diameter of 13mm produce high-frequency detail. Although the upper-end highs are quite thin, they are well-balanced.

The Edifier R1280DB can also be placed pretty much anywhere, with the only difference being that at higher volumes, it produces more bass through its port grille. It's important to note that all four speakers boast the same design save for the output and connectivity options, remote control functionalities, and the external subwoofers on the R1280Ts and R1280DBs.

Unlike the Edifier R1280T and R1280Ts, the R1280DB features two auxiliary inputs - one for coaxial and one for optical - rather than just one optical input. This is a great advantage for those who own DVD players or game consoles. R1280t and R1280DB speakers differ primarily in their connectivity and remote control designs. With R1280db you have Bluetooth, two RCA outputs, and two additional outputs, optical and coaxial. The r1280t, on the other hand, offers only two RCA inputs. If you are a music lover and want high-quality sound at your home, you will love this device. Edifier R1280T is a set of efficient speakers. They are straightforward to use and control. These speakers are easy to maintain as well. The materials and build of the device give it strength and make it quite durable.The Edifier R1280T is one of the best bookshelf speakers you will find in the market. This pair of speakers is most suitable for watching movies. So, if you are a cinema lover, you should give the Edifier R1280T a chance. Design

The MDF not only provides aesthetic quality but also adds strength to the entire product. The final touch to the wood MDF surface has been given by wood effect vinyl. This also gives a shiny or polished look to the wooden surface. Pros and Cons ProsMeanwhile, the MDF wood enclosure is made so that it helps curb distortions of any sort. The volume knob also has an LED indicator at its bottom, so it's easier to spot. Connecting a mobile device via Bluetooth is also incredibly easy if you want to go wireless, too. Just set the speakers’ input to Bluetooth using the remote, and go through the usual steps connecting via Bluetooth on your device. All four speaker models are bookshelf speakers, which means they're designed to be placed on an elevated surface. The sound is more directional when placed on a flat surface. The frequency response ranges might not seem all that impressive. However, you’ll see the difference when you turn up the bass. Thanks to the high response, you won’t hear much of a buzzing sound - although it’s still there if you listen very carefully.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment