276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Best Days of Our Lives: the big-hearted and uplifting new novel from the bestselling author of Anything Could Happen

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Belinda Lenis mum is having a hard time dealing with the death of her daughter. She is in touch with a clairvoyant who she believes she is convening with Leni through. She is also thinking of selling the family home and setting up a b&b with her new boyfriend. In spite of the sadness surrounding the family there is still lots of good humour in the book. I especially liked Tony, I thought his character was funny. He made mistakes in the past, but as he begins to realise he didn’t quite live up to being a particularly good dad, he is determined to make amends now that he’s lost one daughter. The Best Days of Our Lives is one of those books that makes you reassess how you live your own life. Deeply moving but ultimately uplifting, you won't regret reading this * Katie Fforde * Where Lucy Diamond does excel is in her character creation. Main or supporting, old or young, female or male…they’re all so well written. And the extended family as a whole. It’s a great exploration of a dysfunctional family without straying into the pantomime.

This was a beautiful story that contained so much heart and lightness amongst its tragedy, such is the skill and warmth of Diamond’s writing. Its characters were written with depth and real humanity and as such their grief was raw and palpable and yet this is a novel that still manages to leave you uplifted by the end. Enjoy the convenience of having The Sunday Post delivered as a digital ePaper straight to your smartphone, tablet or computer. Leni and her sister Alice were best friends as well as siblings.Alice always thought they were close and she knew everything about Leni The different imprints that the central incident has on all the main protagonists is thoroughly explored and differs widely but comes across as very real, giving the readers something that they can relate to, as I doubt they're will be a Lucy Diamond reader who won't have found themselves in this situation regardless of the part they played. The turmoil amid the changing of relationships was astutely unravelled and the somewhat predictable conclusion that you may expect from a 'family re-united' narrative actually ends up as something a lot more thought through, uplifting & satisfying.The Best Days of Our Lives is a beautiful and emotional read. It reminds us to make the most of every second and spend time with our loved ones even doing the most mundane things. Thank you to Net Galley and the publishers for allowing me to read an advanced reader copy before publication date! 😊

But I found this one to be just ok, I didn’t love it and I didn’t dislike it so I guess I’m somewhere in between. She has the uncanny ability to look right into a person’s heart and convey the most hidden secrets and feelings they harbour, in ways that feel innovative and natural. The Best Days of Our Lives takes all those features and delivers an outstanding read that is simply fabulous. They're not perfect, but they love each other - most of the time, anyway. But then one ordinary summer day, an accident changes the family forever. Leni and her sister Alice were best friends as well as siblings. But did they know each other as well as Alice thought? In the hope of coming to terms with her grief, she tries to piece together Leni's last weeks - but her discoveries only lead to more questions. And that's before the surprise reappearance of someone from the past. Life is certainly getting very complicated...A bittersweet ode to the highs, the lows, and all the shades of living in between, The Best Days of Our Lives is Lucy Diamond at her absolute best. Prepare to be charmed! * Laura Jane Williams * There’s such depth that it’s hard to accept that all the people here – Alice, Belinda and Will in particular – are not real people. I felt their emotions every bit as much as they did because I believed in them so completely. The mystery of Leni’s last few weeks Everyone is keeping secrets and the thing about secrets is that they will all be revealed in the end. Tender, bittersweet and funny, Lucy Diamond is brilliant about love in all its guises’ Veronica Henry

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment