276°
Posted 20 hours ago

LEGO Creator Tulips Set 40461

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Sometimes a LEGO build can be deceptively complicated or parts-intensive despite outer appearances, but in the case of 40461 Tulips it’s mostly a matter of what you see is what you get. I'm going to wager a bet that this the first time an element has been used to represent a male reproductive organ. LOL I like the tulips as well. From the right angle they are pretty good. The scale might be off. They look a little narrow. I'd likely need to get a set to know for sure. Great review Huw, really enjoyed it." Each head has a light orange interior and a brown 3-stem flower stalk inside to represent the stamen." There's a whole big thing on what flowers, their color and their numbers mean what. There is traditional (ie Victorian) and then modern. Some overlap and some don't. "

Tulips : Set 40461-1 | BrickLink

The roses could be just the thing to buy for your other half on Valentine's Day, especially as it could save a non-essential trip out nearer the time. Shouldn't roses always go in odd counts? I mean 1 or 3, 5, ... rose(s) is okay, but you should never ever give 2 or 4 (...) roses in a bouquet. The leaves are re-purposed claws introduced in HERO Factory sets in 2014, design 15362. It's the first time they've been cast in green. The way they are connected looks slightly awkward but most likely they'll be inside the vase and out of sight anyway. Show someone how special they are with this LEGO® Tulips (40461) building kit. Makes the perfect Mother's Day or just-because gift.

Verdict

Red roses but not white? The Yorkshireman in me is heartily offended. Obviously this is down to TLG being run by a secret cabal of Lancastrians!

LEGO® LEL 40461 Iconic Tulips, Age 8+, Building Blocks, 2021 LEGO® LEL 40461 Iconic Tulips, Age 8+, Building Blocks, 2021

Personally I like both of these better. Growing up my parents owned a florist shop. As a result I am far more familiar with flowers then many. Nearly all long stem roses are red. White and yellow are next most common colors. It would be uncommon to have leaves and thorns on roses that have been arranged in the US. Those are normally cut off by the arranger/designer. The leaves are closer to real life in own opinion, although still not totally there. But there are good details. Personally I would have liked tighter rose heads rather than more open. Each petal side has a downwards-facing 1×2 cheese slope below a 3×2 curved slope with studs and wing end and, as simple as that sounds, it really achieves the perfect look. A single 2×2 jumper plate on the top/inside of the ‘cube’ with an added plant flower stem completes the tulip head.Comprising mostly of lime green Technic axle connectors and red notched axles, it’s a pretty easy build, and unless you have trouble lining up axles or especially weak finger muscles, there shouldn’t be any issues here. Each head has a light orange interior and a brown 3-stem flower stalk inside to represent the stamen. In my opinion the red roses are a better colour and a better design than those in the larger set so you might want to swap them out if you have the 18+ bouquet.

LEGO 40461 Creator Botanical Collection Tulips | BrickEconomy LEGO 40461 Creator Botanical Collection Tulips | BrickEconomy

The three herbaceous bulbiferous geophytes share the same design DNA as all the other flowers in the botanical collection but are the only ones with lime-green stems, formed using 3-long Technic connectors which in that colour are unique to this set. Show someone how special they are with this LEGO® Tulips (40461) building kit. Makes the perfect Mother’s Day or just-because gift. In addition to the two 18+ botanical sets, 10280 Flower Bouquet and 10281 Bonsai Tree that we reviewed recently, two smaller ones with a younger age rating have also been released, 40460 Roses and 40461 Tulips, just in time for Valentine's Day. As depicted on the front of the box there are three tulips included within the set, each one in a unique but altogether cohesive and spring-appropriate colour palette of white, bright light yellow and lavender. And if you consider the hollow part of the 3-stem flower stalk to be be the stigma, it may also be the first time an element has been used to represent a female reproductive organ.With two leaves allocated per flower, the assembly line of stems is complete and once inserted into the flower heads, LEGO 40461 Tulips is ready for display. — Characters — Until the day comes where we see a LEGO Honey I Shrunk The Kids-themed set, minifigures wouldn’t be appropriate (nor to scale) here. Therefore, no minifigures are included in this set. — Price — The stems are constructed using the same straight and angled Technic connectors as in the larger set, which can be shortened, straightened, or lengthened as needed by adding and/or replacing parts.to suit the vase you're using. Celebrate spring or any special occasion with these LEGO® Tulips (40461). They're the perfect gift for Mother's Day or just to let someone know how much they're cherished. The easy-to-assemble set comes with 3 blooms – 1 white, 1 purple and 1 yellow – with bright green leaves to symbolize the fresh new life of spring. With length-adjustable stems they can be displayed in most vases. The set can also be combined with LEGO Roses (40460) and the LEGO Flower Bouquet (10280). This Moc is a very nice ornament, if you don't want to put the flowers in a flowerpot. You can also change the height of the three flowers as you like.

LEGO Iconic 40461 Tulips review, verdict and gallery

The LEGO Botanical Collection which was introduced in 2021 introduces a range of sets meant for adult LEGO fans to "bring a touch of nature into their home and unwind as they create and customize their botanical builds". The sets in the LEGO Botanical Collection include a number of elements made from plant-based plastic, produced using sustainably sourced sugarcane.

One of the stems comes with two angled connectors but I've removed one of them for the photo below. Bent stems tends to suggest stale flowers. It’s interesting to note that each flower makes use of two lime green 2×2 round plates, with the third closely matching the colour of the petals. The exception is the lavender tulip, which unfortunately repeats the yellow plate – most likely because a 2×2 round plate doesn’t exist in lavender at the time of writing this review. It’s not a major eyesore by any means, but it does seem like a missed opportunity for a new element re-colour.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment