276°
Posted 20 hours ago

ELITE Tuo Home Bike Trainer

£222.495£444.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

However, in many ways what surprised me the most was the road-like feel. Sure, I had seen the trainer numerous times over the past few months, but never quite had the chance to jump on it with a bike attached. However, at Eurobike there was a bike, a power cord connected, and my legs halfway functional. So I gave it a spin. A cheap direct drive trainer will give you more reliable power figures. Although it probably won't be as accurate as a premium model, a figure of +/- 3 per cent in power readings isn't going to make a lot of difference to your training and racing. You'll have to buy a cassette to hook up to your bike, but you'll save wear on your rear tyre. What more do I get from a premium smart trainer?

Ahh yes, the vaulted space of the super expensive trainers. While the upper-mid tier of trainers gets closer and closer to these units in specs, the distinguishing aspects of the high-end trainers tends to be road feel and resistance ceilings (and to a lesser extent these days, accuracy which is equal/better than +/- 1%). It’s been a long time since I’ve had to include a ‘setup’ section in a trainer review. A very long time. These days for many trainers you just take the trainer out of the box and you’re done, or at worst you have to attach legs and a cassette. And Elite’s other latest offerings are really the pinnacle of that, ready to use within 15 seconds. Sort of like my scale in the bathroom. I don’t care if it says I am heavier by 10 pounds so long as I am consistently 10 pounds heavier. Instead, you’re gonna spent 15 minutes attempting to decipher the instructions, then another 15 minutes installing it the wrong way. A few seconds second-guessing yourself, and then realizing you did it wrong. After which you’ll undo everything, re-do it again, and then realize you actually did have it right the first time.In all seriousness, it’s a dumpster fire. But the good news is that as long as you simply read the few lines below – I’ll make it easy for you. And none of it is technically hard. It’s just unclear. The actual build, with good instructions, would take at most 3-5 minutes.

Tuo er udviklet til cykelentusiaster, der bor i lejlighed, og ikke ønsker en industrielt udseende hometrainer stående fremme i boligen. Den er nem at folde sammen og flytte væk, når den ikke bruges, og er også meget dekorativ i sammenfoldet stand. And speaking of general problems for Elite, when doing turbo sessions without ERG mode, I found it was quite easy to end up running out of gears and spinning out. Even with a 50x11t combination – actual road, not gravel – I had to pedal uncomfortably fast to hold 250W.

WHERE TO BUY

Today’s trainers often come with little to no setting up whatsoever. You just take it out of the box, and you’re more or less ready to go, except for maybe a cassette or legs that need attaching. Bluetooth Smart Power Meter Profile: This broadcasts as a standard BLE power meter, with cadence and speed data The Elite Tuo has redefined for me what a wheel-on trainer can do with accuracy and aesthetics. I hope to see more like this from Elite — especially in the affordable rage.

The Elite Tuo is for people who want the automatic resistance features, the ease of portability and simple setup with a heavy dosing of Italian design. Fold it When Not in Use!

Still, Elite has had a bit of a rougher go of accuracy over the last few months in some of their newer products – so hopefully by the time Tuo arrives those tweaks are incorporated into the Tuo as well. This unit doesn’t have a power meter in it like the Direto/Direto X, but instead relies on algorithms akin to those found in the Suito and Zumo. Given I haven’t tested the Tuo with other power meters for accuracy (which is internally different than the Suito/Zumo), I can’t say whether or not it’ll be accurate. Your smart trainer will have Bluetooth and ANT+ connectivity to a cycling computer, smartphone, computer or other device built in, so you can link it up, collect up the other essentials for indoor training and start to ride. Is wheel-on or wheel-off better? That’s about the only real tangible differences between them. They all have about the same road feel (and each company will tell you their road feel is better). They all have ANT+ FE-C and Bluetooth Smart control, and they all work with Zwift and TrainerRoad. After performing the Zwift power calibration and keeping the tire at a topped-off 110 psi, I found the Tuo surprisingly (only because of my past experience) accurate. The product verbiage claims 5% accuracy, but I found the readings on par with my crank-based power meter and my direct drive trainer.

Data transfer between the trainer and other areas of the system is wireless. By doing so, you can manage resistance levels and display all the different parameters to have great personalization and interactivity in your indoor training session. Between all these standards you can basically connect to anything and everything you’d ever want to. Be it a bike computer or watch, or an app – it’ll be supported. In fact, Elite’s really been one of the leaders for years in supporting the various standards – including FTMS.

KEY SPECS

Lastly, this is the one category I don’t have a ton of riding time on either of those units. Both of them have been at trade shows or the like.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment