276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Fox's Golden Crunch Creams, 230g

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

These crunchy little Kingston biscuits, with their layer of creamy milk chocolate between, taste so much better when they're homemade! In a separate microwavable bowl, add the butter and syrup and melt in the microwave at 35 second increments until the butter melts. Once the butter melts, mix in both sugars and the vanilla extract. Pour the dry ingredients from the first bowl into the melted butter and mix until combined. Place in the fridge for 15 minutes. I recently pondered biscuits no longer sold in stores, like McVitie’s Gypsy Creams. So I decided to make a version based on various recipes. I also call these Golden Crunch Creams, similar to a Marks & Spencer biscuit. McVities versions were in vanilla and chocolate varieties, with similar options elsewhere. They have a light, crunchy texture with sweet buttercream-style filling. Crunchy should not mean hard and tooth-breaking though. Crunchy is perfect when it melts in your mouth and tastes of butter and sugar - which is basically all a crunchy biscuit should be made of. Her oat crunchy biscuits are so easy to make and even easier to eat that you can make up a batch any time.

Silicone baking mats are a great alternative to baking paper – the biscuits slide off easily and the mats can be washed and used again.Basic and budget friendly ingredients - no special ingredients are required to make Kingston biscuits, and you may find you already have what you need in the pantry. The biscuit recipe is simple, using flour, oats, sugar, butter, baking powder, baking soda, salt, golden syrup, vanilla extract, and boiling water. The filling is butter, icing sugar, and vanilla extract. Two biscuits are filled together. The outcome is a perfectly crunchy sandwich biscuit with wonderful filling. The biscuits also taste delightful alone. So if you prefer you can just make the biscuits and enjoy them without a filling. However you decide they will be great. My Biscuits Freezing - Kingston biscuits can be frozen in an airtight container (with layers of baking/parchment paper between each layer) for up to 3 months. Add that dry mixture into the large bowl with the butter mixture and stir until fully combined into a dough.

Caster sugar- fine white sugar, preferred in baking as it dissolves more easily than standard granulated sugar. Also called superfine sugar. Coat your spoon in a little oil before measuring the syrup – it will slip off easily and give a more accurate measurement. And that’s even before we go over to America and inspect what they call ‘a biscuit’ there. Crunchy it isn’t.Remove from the heat and add the flour, semolina, oats and ginger. Stir until well incorporated, then tip on to a baking sheet, flatten out and leave to cool for 10 minutes. However, I want to emphasise that these biscuits bake just as well when formed freehand. When making them freeform, it’s crucial to leave a considerable gap between each ball of dough to accommodate spreading. You can also adjust the size to your preference. For my biscuits, I used 26g (just under 1 oz) of dough for each biscuit, resulting in 24 substantial biscuits. However, for freeform versions, you might opt for 21g (3/4 oz) for a more suitable size. That size makes 30 biscuits. Golden Crunch Biscuits Ingredients Scoop up teaspoonfuls of the mixture (which will be quite crumbly and buttery) and roll into 36 little balls, then place on the prepared baking sheets, well spaced apart. Push down slightly to flatten and then bake in the oven for about 15 minutes until lightly golden.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment