276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Crossfire: Malorie Blackman (Noughts and Crosses, 5)

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Troy - the son of Sephy and Nathan, still a teenager when he is abducted. We see how he’s just as strong as his mother and sister, and a great character Girl Wonder's Winter Adventures (illustrated by Lis Toft), Orion Children's Books, 1992, ISBN 0-575-05383-6 Jasmine Dharma Ninah Adyebe-Hadley: Sephy and Minerva's mother, who became an alcoholic. She used to be good friends with Ryan and Meggie McGregor, as Meggie used to work for her. She is diagnosed with breast cancer and, drinking less than before, steals and activates Jude's bomb, killing her and Jude in the process to protect Sephy and Callie Rose.

Over the shimmering ocean, up the huge, high mountain, through the deep, dark forest . . . WE'RE GOING TO FIND THE MONSTER! Kamal tells Sephy that if she keeps her child, Callum will be hanged, but if she has the abortion, he will serve years in prison instead. Kamal makes a similar offer to Callum, wanting Callum to publicly admit to raping Sephy. Both decide to keep the baby, and Callum is hanged at the gallows. Because Tobey's just been framed for murder, and the only way to free himself is to turn to his oldest friend - Callie-Rose. Their families divisions run deep, and when two young people are kidnapped, their lives and everything they've fought for are put in the firing line. A World Book Day release in 2019, and a prequel to Crossfire. Following from the events of Double Cross, a fugitive Dan is mortally wounded by McAuley's former enforcers, and is forced to hide out with a nurse, Eva, whose daughter Avalon committed suicide three years earlier after being drawn into drug addiction and prostitution by McAuley. Though she hides Dan from the criminals hunting him, Eva debates whether to continue sheltering him or turn him in to the police. The novella concludes without revealing the outcome of her decision, but Crossfire suggests that Eva continued to hide Dan but ultimately convinced him to turn himself in, and remained a friend and mother figure to him during his imprisonment and his later career as a gangster.Tobey - now the prime minister, having worked hard for his position - but at what cost? I loved Tobey in Double Cross (which is probably my favourite book in the series) but in this book not so much. Cara Imega: A kind-hearted Cross who falls in love with Jude. She campaigns against discrimination towards Noughts. Although Jude wants to take her money, he eventually falls in love with her as well. He becomes so confused about his feelings that he follows through with his original plan. He beats her to death and steals all her money. After her friend Tobey calls her a terrorist's daughter, Callie struggles with discovering the real career of her father: he was considered a terrorist. She becomes angry with her mother for hiding the truth and decides to follow in the path of her father, cutting off her friendship with Tobey despite his attempts to apologise. She is also a writer whose own life has been shaped by books, from her childhood in south London, the daughter of parents who moved to Britain from Barbados as part of the Windrush Generation, and who experienced a childhood that was both wonderful and marred by the everyday racism and bigotry of the era. She was told she could not apply to study her first love, literature, at university, in spite of her academic potential, but found a way to books and to a life in writing against a number of obstacles. This tense tale is about love, friendship, sex, power and corruption . . . Rich in moral and social issues Sunday Times Ireland

Endgame, the breathtaking conclusion to the series, influenced by the unprecedented global events of recent years, is full of twists and turns. The Deadly Dare Mysteries (contents: Deadly Dare, 1995, Computer Ghost, 1997, Lie Detectives , 1998; illustrated by Neil Chapman), Corgi Children's, 2005, ISBN 0-552-55353-0 a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y "Awards and Prizes". Kids at Random House. Random House Children's Books . Retrieved 23 March 2007. The long-awaited autobiography of one of the world's greatest children's writers, and an empowering and inspiring account of a life in books.Peacemaker" in the multi-author collection Peacemaker and Other Stories (illustrated by Peter Richardson and David Hine), Heinemann Educational, 1999, ISBN 0-435-11600-2 However, just when you get immersed in the novel, it ends on a massive cliff-hanger, and there are no resolutions to the stories started in the book, which is frustrating. I was so caught up in the story that I hadn't expected it to end at that point, and eagerly await the follow-up. Lastly the book was not finished. It ended with 'To be concluded', which annoyed me, as I read an entire book for nothing, as nothing was resolved. This splitting of the book into two only made me feel more that this was a cashgrab, as well as the fact that is was published 11 years after Double Cross. In his resulting depression, Tobey briefly joins Nought Forever, the Liberation Militia's spiritual successor, but soon quits. Tobey pursues a career in politics and is aided and bankrolled by Dan, now a powerful gangster. He uses his growing fortune to financially support Misty and Libby, but Misty refuses to let him see their daughter and conceals his identity from Libby. She gradually spends Libby's entire trust fund, becoming an alcoholic and drug addict, and abuses Libby, who struggles with anxiety and self-harm.

As a reader I usually take away something from books I love: sometimes it is the amazing use of language, other times its characters so vivid you want to become their friends, love stories so encompassing you want to marry them (ah!) or a message so resonating that you squeal in recognition: yes this! This is how I feel too. A second theatre adaptation of the first book titled Noughts and Crosses premiered at Derby Theatre in February 2019, and toured the UK. This stage version is adapted by Sabrina Mahfouz and directed by Esther Richardson for Pilot Theatre. [6] Sephy then begins to experience strange symptoms, and takes a pregnancy test, revealing that she is pregnant with Callum's child. When her parents learn of this, they pressure her to have an abortion, which Sephy repeatedly refuses. Meanwhile, Callum is working as a mechanic as a cover, and hears Kamal on the radio being interrogated over whether his daughter is pregnant. Callum then meets up with Sephy in the Hadleys' rose garden, and she confirms the rumors. While they're meeting, they are discovered and Callum is arrested. Nobody believed Sephy when she maintains she was not raped, and Callum is sentenced to be hanged. Fullerton, Huw (11 April 2018). "Doctor Who and Being Human writer set to script YA adaptation Noughts and Crosses". Radio Times . Retrieved 21 August 2018.The first book is written from two different perspectives – Callum's and Sephy's (Persephone) – and their experiences of their entwined but very different worlds. The chapters alternate, with even chapters being Callum's and odd ones Sephy's. Rich in moral and social issues, it is devastating about racial attitudes The Sunday Times, Children's Book of the Week We have Callie, now 30, a lawyer preparing to be a judge. She still regrets her behaviour as a teenager when she let jealousy get the better of her. Her feelings for her boyfriend Tobey were complicated, but even more so now. Tobey is about to become the first Nought Prime Minister, but he is accused of murdering a well-known businessman thought to have underground links. He wants Callie to represent him.

The book opens with Kamal's party badly losing to a more liberal government. Callie Rose fears the return of her vengeful uncle Jude, and the press fails to mention Jude in connection to the bomb. Minerva "Minnie" Hadley: Sephy's older sister; she and Sephy are not very close, as Minnie is often shown to be quite selfish. She marries an affluent Cross, Zuri, and they have a son, Taj.Persephone "Sephy" Hadley is a Cross and the daughter of a wealthy senior politician, Kamal Hadley, who later becomes Prime Minister. Callum McGregor is a Nought, and they used to play together when Jasmine Adeyebe-Hadley, Sephy's mother, employed Meggie McGregor, Callum's mother, as a nanny. Ever since Jasmine fired Meggie, however, Sephy and Callum's friendship has been secret, as such interracial friendships are frowned upon by society. Rich in moral and social issues, it is devastating about racial attitudes' THE SUNDAY TIMES, CHILDREN'S BOOK OF THE WEEK Overall, if you loved the Noughts and Crosses series, like me, and you really want to read it, go for it; however, if you've just stubbled across it, I recommend all the books that came before it in the series far more than this. Crossfire could definitely go amiss if you're not as in love with the series as me and other fans. Flood, Alison (13 February 2014). "Ruth Ozeki beats Thomas Pynchon to top Kitschie award". The Guardian . Retrieved 14 February 2014.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment