276°
Posted 20 hours ago

ASUS ROG Strix Z790-I Gaming WiFi Intel® Z790 LGA 1700 Mini-ITX motherboard, 10 + 1 power stages, DDR5, two M.2 slots, PCIe® 5.0, WiFi 6E, Thunderbolt™ 4, and USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 Type-C®

£216.995£433.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Configure the fan's operating speed manually or use pre-configured Standard, Silent, Turbo, or Full Speed modes. By default, system fans will automatically switch to full speed if the temperature reaches 75° C. Aura On/Off mode (Stealth) The ROG STRIX Z790-I Gaming Wi-Fi motherboard cuts down on size, not features. You get 2x DIMM slots with support for a maximum of 64GB DDR5 memory up to 7600MHz, a PCIe 5.0 x16 slot for your graphics card, one M.2 slot with PCIe Gen 5 speeds, another M.2 with PCIe Gen 4 speeds, 2x SATA ports, and 2x Thunderbolt 4 Type-C ports for dual bidirectional fast data transfer. Oh, and there’s Wi-Fi 6E and Bluetooth 5.3 built right into the board, with support for 2.5GbE LAN. The ROG Maximus Z790 Hero from ASUS might not be cheap, but it's certainly the best Z790 motherboard to build your Raptor-Lake-based system around. This board has everything you need to forge the ultimate gaming PC, from capable 20-phase, 90A VRMs that can push the new Intel Core i9-13900K to its limits to a full PCIe 5.0 design and DDR5 memory support. Design and Build Quality:At first glance, I found the design of the ROG Maximus Z790 HERO to be extremely impressive and in line with the traditional ASUS design ethos. I like the implementation of the RGB lighting on this board. The build quality is also quite admirable, thanks to the crafting materials used in the construction of the PCB.

The N7 Z790 allows for a great look without sacrificing the build experience with an integrated rear I/O and optimally placed headers. Expansion slots: Expansion slots allow additional hardware components to be installed on the motherboard, such as graphics cards, sound cards, and network cards. Expansion slots are typically located on the bottom or right edge of the motherboard. The board features 2x PCIe 5.0 x16 slots and 1x Hyper M.2 slot that supports PCIe Gen 5 SSDs; something most other Z790 motherboards don’t offer. You also get DDR5 support, Wi-Fi 6E, two Thunderbolt 4 ports (support up to 40Gbps bi-directional data transfer), and more than enough I/O internally and on the rear. SFF Innovations: ROG Strix Hive moves OC controls and connectivity to the desktop while allowing for a larger audio solution, and the ROG FPS-II Card vertically mounts USB and SATA ports for a better building experience Robust Power Solution: 10 + 1 power solution rated for 105A per stage with ProCool II power connectors, high-quality alloy chokes, and durable capacitors to support multi-core processorsInstant 6GHz: A BIOS setting that lets you run your i9-13900K, i9-13900KF, i7-13700K, or i7-13700KF at 6GHz and beyond. Features and Connectivity: It is clear that network capabilities have not gone unattended, with the Z790 AORUS Master offering a 10G Marvell ethernet port along with WiFi 6E. I found the selection of USB ports on the rear I/O quite decent; however, a Thunderbolt port would have been a nice addition. Buy It If: Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Master How about PCIe Gen 5? Does a small motherboard like this mean you’re not fully covered here? Not at all! Being Z790, you’re given a PCIe Gen 5 16x slot—only one due to the space constraints. That’s for your GPU, which will have more than enough headroom for even future releases compared to PCIe Gen 4. Storage support

With over twelve years of experience in the technology and gaming industry, our stalwart team has been refined persistently to produce a potent group of cultivated individuals who are known to relay the most accurate information to our valued consumers, thanks to the extensive research and thorough reviewing we conduct before we publish every piece of journalism. winner(s) will receive ROG STRIX Z790 –E II + ROG Ryuo III 360 ARGB + ROG Strix 1000W Gold Aura Edition

Expansion Slots/Connectivity: Some Z790 Motherboards may offer multiple PCI-e 5.0×16 slots. At the same time, some miniature motherboards will only provide a solitary PCI-e 4th Gen (x16) slot. Moreover, you should have an estimated idea of how many and which type of USB ports you’d like to utilize since a few of the Cheapest Z790 Motherboards will cut down on comparatively faster USB connections to drive prices down. No, you do not need a Z790 motherboard for 13th Gen Intel processors. The previous-generation Z690 motherboards also fully support 13th Gen CPUs with a BIOS update. Prizes are without warranty and subject to availability. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. Each individual can only be selected as a winner for once.

Nonetheless, DDR5 has some benefits, such as lower power consumption (1.1V compared to DDR4’s 1.2V) and on-die ECC support, which was traditionally seen in server-grade DDR4 RAM. DDR5 also allows for higher density per module, with a theoretical maximum support of 256 GB (compared to DDR4’s 64 GB). This could lead to consumer-grade CPUs supporting up to 256 GB (or potentially even more) of DDR5 RAM in the future. Now, AEMP II offers even more flexibility. With the latest firmware update, AEMP II allows users to optimize the performance of a four-DIMM DDR5 RAM configuration, even with a mixture of different brands and dies. Increasing the memory capacity of your build by adding additional DIMMs has never been easier — with AEMP II, you can get optimized memory performance even when all four memory modules are not an exact match, provided that all four DIMMs have the same capacity. * Results may vary according to the capabilities of your CPU and memory modules. Entry Period: The Sweepstakes begins at on 06 November, 2023 at 12:00AM PST and ends at on 31 December, 2023 at 11:59PM PST (the "Entry Period"). Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will not be eligible.

Promotion

The MSI MAG Z790 Tomahawk WiFi is a midrange Z790 motherboard that punches above its weight class. It's loaded with high-end features, like support for the latest PCIe 5.0 graphics cards and DDR5 RAM, allowing you to build a powerful PC that can match the performance of flagship Z790 motherboards at a much more reasonable price. Rights Granted by the Entrant: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that the Sponsor and anyone acting on behalf of the Sponsor or its respective licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, you represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, you will be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, you shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless ROG from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which ROG may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right. Most ASUS Z790 motherboards have onboard Thunderbolt™ 4 ports or a header to provide up to 40 Gbps of bidirectional bandwidth for the latest superspeed devices and drives. Features and Connectivity:I found the storage selection of the MSI MPG Z790 Carbon Wi-Fi to be quite impressive; the motherboard comes with 5x M.2 slots and 6x SATA 6G, with one of the five M.2 slots being PCIe 5.0. The impressive theme follows as we move towards USB ports, as in total, you get 10x rear and 7x front USB ports, with 3x Type-C ports. Buy It If: MSI MPG Z790 Carbon WiFi

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment