276°
Posted 20 hours ago

A Family Torn Apart: Three sisters and a dark secret that threatens to separate them for ever

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The girls appear to have been well looked after, but as they settle and start to talk life at home, it becomes clear something is badly wrong. Then a chance remark sets in motion a chain of events that eventually changes everything.

Cathy tries to comfort the girls, but they are inconsolable. They just want their mummy and daddy, who they love dearly. Before the release of her first title she had written on health and social issues for The Guardian and the Evening Standard. Glass's first book, Damaged was released by HarperCollins in 2007. It focuses on the relationship between Glass and an abused child under her care. [4] Many congratulations to Cathy Glass who was third and fifth respectively in the Sunday Times bestselling memoirs of the year with Please Don’t Take My Baby, published in April, selling 48,145 copies and Will You Love Me? , published in September, selling 40,625 copies. Her work is strongly identified with both the True Life Stories and Inspirational Memoirs genres, and she has also written a parenting guide to bringing up children, Happy Kids, and a novel, The Girl in the Mirror, based on a true story.A Family Torn Apart had retained it’s no 1 position for another week. I am pleased this story has touched so many. Thank you. There is someone who can take Ashleigh if we can’t keep them together. She’s a single carer who has just returned to fostering after a long break so doesn’t feel up to taking all three girls as her first placement.’ No,’ I confirmed. ‘Paula and I are fine.’ There was just my daughter Paula still living at home with me. I had divorced many years ago and my son, Adrian, lived with his wife, Kirsty, and my other daughter Lucy lived with her partner, Darren. We saw them as much as we were allowed, in line with the present restrictions.

Full Book Name: A Family Torn Apart: Three sisters and a dark secret that threatens to separate them for ever Read for book club. I would not have read it otherwise. Not good literature or story. I man just look at the cover. Thank you for all your support and kind words over the past year. They are much appreciated. One of the reasons I write my books is to try to raise awareness. Happy New Year and best wishes for 2022. Cathy & family. x This book in particular was hard to read due to the subject matter, and the intense distress it clearly caused to all family members involved. Cathy Glass’s Can I Let You Go? remains in the charts for an eighth consecutive week - this time no 14.

How I Found the Agency

All foster carers in the UK have an SSW whose role it is to support and monitor the foster carer and their family in all aspects of fostering. Most referrals for children who come into care come to the foster carer through the SSW. Joy was in her early fifties, of average height and build, and had a wealth of experience. I found her caring, efficient and level-headed, although like everyone in children’s services at present she was working flat out and was slightly stressed as a result of the pandemic. I feel like this is such an unusual event to happen, and it was honestly difficult to read about a story where the "child" (a fourteen year old) is actually at fault as opposed to the adult. I'm so used to assuming that the authority figure is at fault (which is usually the case!!) and I found it hard to adjust my views as more information that he was innocent became clear. Harper Collins have bought world rights in Cathy Glass’s latest fostering memoir Lost Boy about gender fluid Stevie.

Excellent. And you are all well?’ Joy asked. It wasn’t simply a polite question but had gained real significance since the start of the pandemic. Soon. This afternoon. Their father is still with the police but he will be bailed later and is returning to the family home to live. The children need to move before then. The girls’ mother is standing by him.’ Glass has worked as a foster career for more than 20 years, during which time she has fostered more than 50 children. Her fostering memoirs tell the stories of some of the children who came in to her care, many of whom had suffered abuse. The eldest, who’s fourteen and has a different father to the other two girls, has made allegations of sexual abuse against her stepfather and would feel more comfortable in an all-female environment.’ I have fostered 200 kids, but Lucy’s eyes were haunted and my heart went out to her - she was destined to be my daughter”Good. I’ve had a referral for a sibling group of three girls,’ Joy continued, getting to the real reason for her call. ‘We’d obviously like to keep them together if possible, and it’s preferable if they are placed in an all-female household.’ I really enjoyed reading this book, no spoilers obviously but nice for a happy ending. Laura Facebook The girls were inconsolable for days, not helped by only being allowed to see their mother online because of covid restrictions and concerns that she may frighten them into not telling the truth. But gradually they began to settle and as they did they talked more of life at home where there were a lot of arguments between Ashleigh and their parents. Yes. Their social worker, Fatima Hadden, will tell you more, but the girls’ mother doesn’t believe her daughter’s claims and is siding with her husband.’ Cathy Glass is a British writer of non-fiction and ' inspirational' fiction. Cathy has written memoirs about the children she has fostered, many of whom had suffered abuse.

I read a lot of memoirs/biographies and this is one of the blandest. Way too much detail and the whole time you’re wanting to get to the end to find out the truth but mainly just to get it over with. And it was all for not. All because a teenage lied and made terrible unfounded allegations. Gives a very intimate look into foster care in the UK. Congratulations to Cathy Glass whose memoir Unwanted is Number 4 this week, Its ninth week in top ten. Harper Collins have bought world rights in Cathy Glass’s next fostering memoir. Innocent is the true story of little Molly and Kit, siblings, aged 3 years and 18 months, who are brought into care as an emergency after suffering non-accidental injuries. It will be her 31st book and 23rd fostering memoir.Harper Collins have bought world rights in Cruel To Be Kind, Cathy Glass’s account of fostering six year old Max. For a third week running Cathy Glass’s fostering memoir Neglected is at no 8 , it’s sixth week in the top ten. At the start of August I had just said goodbye to Jamey, whom I’d fostered since before Christmas. I knew it wouldn’t be long before I was asked to take another child or children and I steeled myself, wondering what their sorrowful story would be. In over 25 years of fostering, I’d looked after many children who had suffered abuse and neglect, but no two children’s stories are ever the same, and that was certainly true of the girls who arrived next.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment