276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Apple Watch Series 4 (GPS, 44mm) - Space Gray Aluminum with Black Sport Band (Renewed)

£117.495£234.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

A subtler design change is that the sensor array that sits on the bottom of the watch has been shrunken down, resulting in a less bulbous look. This means the Apple Watch 4 sits closer to the wrist than before. It’s a small design tweak – one you’ll only notice if you’re upgrading from a previous model – yet it’s something I have constantly been impressed with.

We have a rather low heart rate from regular running training, and the update did ping in from time to time to reference to us that the heart rate testing was working. Throughout the majority of the review I have been switching between the Sport Loop and the Sport Strap, with the Leather Loop thrown in for the classier occasion. The ease of the Sport Loop, with its velcro band, is my favourite of the bunch – it’s just the easiest and the comfiest. It’s made from a slightly elastic fabric and uses a hook and loop fixing, similar to the premium Milanese Loop, to secure around your wrist. Since it uses this strap, it’ll fit pretty much any sized wrist and allow you to alter the fit depending on what you’re doing. Siri’s skills are also built into its own watch face. The Siri face debuted on WatchOS 4 and has received a boost this time around with some ‘machine learning’ skills. Supposedly it’s meant to throw things like music playlists and directions into the stream of cards, but i’ve found it’s still rather useless. Unless you like your watch being taken over by a random picture you took last year, that is. All models of the Apple Watch Series 4 remain water-resistant to 50m and will survive a dunk in sea water, too. These models use the same water-ejection method as the Series 2 and Series 3, where it will play a specific tone to eject water from the speaker. Screen and speaker

Apple Watch All-Day Battery Life testing was conducted by Apple in August 2018 using preproduction Apple Watch Series 4 (GPS) and Apple Watch Series 4 (GPS + Cellular), each paired with an iPhone; all devices were tested with prerelease software. Battery life varies by use, cellular coverage, configuration, and many other factors; actual results will vary. See www.apple.com/batteries and www.apple.com/watch/battery.html for more information.

The Apple Watch 4's key feature is really its design - we say that because while the extra health benefits are something that are worthy and really make this an attractive device for those in need of them, the pool of people this is relevant to is smaller than just those looking for a new watch. It’s a tremendous idea and one that could save someone’s life. It’s not, however, something that can be triggered by pretending to fall or even being pushed over. Trust me, I’ve tried.Apple Watch Series 3 and Series 4 have a water resistance rating of 50 meters under ISO standard 22810:2010. This means that they may be used for shallow-water activities like swimming in a pool or ocean. However, they should not be used for scuba diving, waterskiing, or other activities involving high-velocity water or submersion below shallow depth. The most notable change on the inside has to do with heart rate monitoring. The optical sensor on the underside of the watch is now surrounded by an electrode. This will enable electrocardiogram readings in Apple's upcoming ECG app. The Series 4 also sports an improved accelerometer and gyroscope, which are essential for the new fall detection feature. Both use OLED display types, offer Force Touch and 1000 nits of brightness. Other watches, notably the Fitbit Versa and its cheaper sibling the Fitbit Versa Lite, match this peak brightness and it’s vital for ensuring you can comfortably read whatever’s on the watch even if you’re running in intense sunlight. The touchscreen remains incredibly vibrant and sharp, whether displaying one of the new Apple Watch 4 exclusive watch faces or your fitness stats for the day. The font is readable and icons are easy to see and interact with. There's also a set of heart rate notifications, including one that's looking out for atrial fibrillation (AF), meaning you'll get a pop-up if there's anything that looks sketchy with your heart with regards to this condition, which could lead to life-threatening complications.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment