276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Person-Centred Counselling in Action (Counselling in Action series)

£16.495£32.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The person-centered counselor is thus careful to always maintain a positive attitude to the client, even when disgusted by the client’s actions. We are committed to engaging with you and taking action based on your suggestions, complaints, and other feedback.

Person-Centred Counselling in Action, 3rd Edition

Informed and informative, this book will be an excellent companion for any trainees taking the first steps in counselling and psychotherapeutic work. This audiobook is clear, concise, accessible, and offers tons of real life examples of Person centered counseling in action, so it's not just all dry theory. If you simply present yourself in your official role, the client is unlikely to want to reveal personal details about themselves. It consists of all the ideas and values that characterize “I” and “me” and includes perception and valuing of “what I am” and “what I can do.

Person-centered therapy, also known as client-centered therapy, is a psychological approach developed by Carl Rogers. Person-centred counselling originated in 1930’s and 40’s from the work of the American psychologist Carl Rogers. Professor Brian Thorne is the Emeritus Professor of Counselling at the University of East Anglia where he was previously Director of Counselling and of the Centre for Counselling Studies.

PERSON-CENTRED COUNSELLING IN ACTION - SAGE Publications Inc

The state of empathy, or being empathic, is to perceive the internal frame of reference of another with accuracy and with the emotional components and meanings which pertain thereto as if one were the person, but without ever losing the “as if” condition.Moreover, the book has been invaluable in instilling many of the core principles that enable them to become skilled practitioners, mindful of what the therapeutic relationship really means' (Dr. This important Fourth Edition maintains the book′s accessibility, clarity and verve whilst incorporating new developments in the approach. There is a review of techniques, used in this treatment modality with the clear explanation that use of techniques is less important than in other treatment forms.

Person-Centred Counselling in Action - SAGE Publications Ltd

In the 1950s, Rogers proposed a form of therapy that focused on the clients' experience of themselves, as opposed to the counsellor being an expert and telling them what to do, or what was wrong with them. If this is to be Mearns and Thorne's last work of this type then it will be a lasting legacy for all counsellors and psychotherapists for some time to come and not just person-centred practitioners,. He has written seven books including Working at Relational Depth in Counselling and Psychotherapy (with Mick Cooper) and is co-editor of the international journal, Person-Centered and Experiential Psychotherapies. e. the authors don't shy away from giving their opinions on topics that may be controversial in some environments. Person-Centred Counselling in Action continues to inform and inspire my doctoral students and lead them to a deeper, much more nuanced understanding of the Person-Centred approach.One reason why Rogers (1951) rejected interpretation was that he believed that, although symptoms did arise from past experience, it was more useful for the client to focus on the present and future than on the past. Really helpful in developing an understanding of not only how this approach works, but also a greater understanding of the Self.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment