276°
Posted 20 hours ago

THE CALL OF CASSANDRA ROSE a gripping psychological domestic thriller with a shocking twist

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

In spite of her feelings for him, Cassandra deflects the conversation at a moment when she thinks he might be about to propose to her, in the belief that he is still in love with Rose. Annabelle is obviously very disturbed by something in her past but is Cassandra the right person to help her?

Dumbass wants a divorce to link up with Crazy Cassandra and make Annabelle out to be an unfit mother. Spiers writing is expressive and evocative, which lends itself so well to such a visceral and immersive thriller. This totally kept me turning the pages and I was desperate to find out Cassandra’s motives and whether she really was helping Annabelle. She meets her husband who is a little older than her, he is wealthy and well presented, Annabelle fall pregnant very early into their relationship and they then marry. A musical adaptation with lyrics by Marion Adler, score by Peter Foley, and book by Cara Reichel was commissioned by Signature Theatre's American Musical Voices Project: Next Generation (Arlington, Virginia) and given staged readings in 2013 at Pace New Musicals ( Pace University, New York, New York).

So when she meets the bewitching hypnotherapist Cassandra Rose, she feels she has found her way out. Part of what makes Spiers writing so brilliant is that she manages to flex the realms of sanity and madness, which meant as a reader I wasn’t sure of what was the truth and what was fabrication. The tension builds up agonisingly slowly, and as a reader you really get to dislike the particularly unsympathetic Annabelle.

This twisty thriller is filled with an abundance of nasty and deceitful characters that will keep you on your toes! Naturally there's a deep dark secret in her past that Annabelle and Cassandra are hoping to unearth.My kindle is my life but I also have a substantial bookshelf in my cosy reading room where I can go to escape the stresses of family life with plenty of tea and chocolate. Simon compares Cassandra to Portia, a character in Shakespeare's The Merchant of Venice when he quotes the line, "Oh, wise, young judge. On the outside, Annabelle lives the privileged lifestyle and has a successful husband and an adorable son.

The widowed Mortmain's second wife, Topaz, is a beautiful artist's model who enjoys communing with nature, sometimes wearing nothing but hip boots.Married to a wealthy husband, Anabelle lives a privileged life vastly superior to the one she had when she was young. She studied Film at university, and in her twenties and early thirties worked in TV and post-production before turning her attention to her true passion: writing.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment