276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Rebel Rose: 1 (Queen's Council)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

When she stumbles across a magic mirror that holds a dire warning, Belle wants nothing more than to ignore the mysterious voice calling her to accept a crown she never desired. But violent factions of the revolution may already be lurking within her own castle, and doing nothing would endanger everything she holds dear. With the fate of her country, her love, and her life at stake, Belle must decide if she is ready to embrace her own strength–and the magic that ties her to so many female rulers before her–to become the queen she is meant to be. Belle has always dreamed of leaving her provincial home for a life of adventure. But now she finds herself living in a palace, torn between her roots as a commoner, and her future as a royal. When she stumbles across a mysterious, ancient magic that brings with it a dire warning, she must question whether she is ready for the power being thrust on her, and if being Queen is more than just a title.

Rebel Rose by Emma Theriault: 9781368095969 Rebel Rose by Emma Theriault: 9781368095969

Sadly, this book missed the mark for me. I was bored from the beginning and the more I read, the more I wanted to be done with this book. I know it's harsh but I feel like I didn't get what I thought I would find when I requested this book. If you're like me, when you see this book, you think you'll get a Beauty and Beast retelling with at least some of the story focused on the romance. Here, I didn't feel any love or chemistry as the two characters already had broken the curse and were married. Instead, for most of the book the Beast is gone, away on some political mission as King and Belle is left on her own. She didn't want to be Queen and let other people make the decisions way too easily. As for the revolution and politics, I didn't care much about those which left me disappointed. Ew, David Hoodies, Wild Aloof Rebel Sweatshirts, Birthday Gifts, Schitts's Creek TV Show Gift,David Rose, Oversized unisex hoodies, 4xl,5xl Rebel Rose is the first in the Queen’s Council series, an empowering fairy tale reimagining of the Disney Princesses—and the real history behind their stories—like you’ve never seen before. Dr Ady’s field was decolonisation and reparations, which she argued should be offered in the form of fairer trading arrangements. Within a few years, Dugdale had been radicalised. The only traces left of her upbringing were her confidence and “a perfect over-the-top English accent”, according to fellow student Devaki Jain. I love Beauty and the Beast, so naturally when I came across a continuation of their story, I jumped right on it. The Queen's Council Rebel Rose followed Belle as she navigates ruling beside her husband. This takes place during the time of the French Revolution and the author did a great job of weaving that event and this story together. For me, this book read like a movie so it made for an easy reading experience.From what i remmeber beauty and the beast was my all time favorite disney character and i sweared this oath to read any content about this film. And this book is no exeption. It was a bit like falling in love in a place out of time. It didn't matter that we didn't make sense together; it didn't matter who he was or who I was. We just...fell." The whole book is about her not wanting to be royalty. Despite marrying Lio and living in the damn castle she refuses a title because of the responsibility and this feeling that it will cage her. Lio supports her and let's her do what she wants. That's all fine and dandy, but then Belle has the audacity to call the kingdom hers... like what??? I love politics in stories though, so for me, it worked. I can definitely see how some people may not be as interested in those aspects however, or feel that the pace is too slow for their personal tastes.

Rebel Rose – Book Review | the Disney Driven Life

im so sad to say this is the first ‘beauty and the beast’ story i havent completely loved. and i wonder if its because this is a ‘continuation’ of the story, rather than a retelling. Not so long ago, Belle dreamed of leaving her provincial home for a life of adventure. Now she finds herself living in a lush palace, torn between her past as a commoner and her future as royalty. While Belle grapples with her newfound position, there are those who would do anything to keep her from power.

A weight lifted from Belle’s shoulders as soon as she walked through Bastien’s gate. It was like stepping into another world. His courtyard was so insulated that the noises of Paris didn’t reach it, lending it a false sense of tranquility amid the chaos of the city. She hoped Lumière was enjoying his time to himself. She had a feeling he had more than a few past paramours to visit. From what Belle understood of French politics, it was a deceptively simple desire. In France, the power was concentrated in the hands of the clergy and the nobility. Peasants had nothing. It had been that way for centuries. But what if they could take some for themselves? What if the Third Estate became something? It would change the world.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment