276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Other Wife

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Michael’s subsequent novels The Night Ferry and Shatter were both shortlisted for UK Crime Writers Association Steel Dagger in 2007 and 2008. Shatter was also shortlisted in the inaugural ITV3 Thriller Awards in the UK and for South Africa’s Boeke Prize. In August 2008 Shatter won the Ned Kelly award for Australia’s best crime novel. Bleed for Me, Michael’s sixth novel, Bleed for Me was shortlisted for the 2010 Ned Kelly Award. And then out of the blue, a woman named Nora rents the cottage next to Suzi’s. Finally, Suzi doesn’t feel so alone. Suzi hopes that she can find a confidant in Nora, but what she doesn’t know is Nora already knows all of Suzi’s secrets and she is planning to use them against her… The Other Wife is an intriguing story of not just how one wife handles the tragedy of losing her husband, but both women, altering points of view every other chapter in a manner that keeps you reading and strangely not wanting to take a side of either women. A free copy of this book was provided for reviewing purposes in conjunction with interviewing Kathleen for the release of her latest novel Secrets of the Royal Wedding Chapel. My review is honest, and has not been impacted by the free copy.

Michael Robotham’s Best Yet? Review of The Other Wife Michael Robotham’s Best Yet? Review of The Other Wife

After Eleanor finds Richard dead, problems arise. Their insurance agent discovers he had given his policy to another woman...named Claire Anderson. THE OTHER WIFE by Kathleen Irene Paterka is a gripping story of love, betrayal, and loss. When Eleanor Anderson’s husband Richard suddenly dies, she finds out that he left all of his money to another woman, Claire Anderson—his other wife. The story follows the aftermath of this bombshell from the perspectives of both Eleanor and Claire. Paterka made both characters so lovable, it was difficult for the reader to “choose” a side. So, begins the psychological thriller The Other Wife by mega-bestselling author Michael Robotham. As a confused and troubled Joe starts investigating his father’s life, secrets and inconsistencies are unearthed. This book is about much more than lies – it’s about the consequences of fabrication; the power that secrets have to destroy not only our own lives, but the lives of those around us. I found myself captivated by this story, it took me on a roller coaster ride where I felt the full gamut of emotions. You just can't help but feel compassion and empathy for both women as their worlds are turned upside down by the traumatic betrayal and selfish actions of a man that they had put their love and trust in. This is a beautifully written story that would be any married woman's nightmare, I couldn't even imagine what I would do if I was in Eleanor or Claire's shoes.I was a little nervous about this book as I’ve preferred Michael Robotham’s standalone books to his Joe O’Loughlin series. However this was deliciously addictive and I had to read it in a sitting, despite being unwell and incredibly tired after a long day at work.

The Other Wife (The Dunne Family Series Book 3) Kindle Edition The Other Wife (The Dunne Family Series Book 3) Kindle Edition

The beginning was a little depressing as the narrators were in dark places mentally. Each were grieving in their own way. However, not all is doom and gloom as lighter quips popped up at unexpected times. This one was a favorite: It begins with a call from the hospital. Joe's father, the eminent retired surgeon William O'Loughlin has been admitted to intensive care with catastrophic head injuries. Rushing to William's bedside where he lies on life support, Joe discovers a distraught woman in her forties holding his father's hand. "I'm his other wife," she tells the stunned Joe, who thought his father was safely in the country with Mary, his tweedy wife of 60 years.This book kind of gave me isolated thriller vibes too, which I love! Even though this isn’t technically an isolated thriller, there were some aspects, like the fact it was mainly set in the middle of nowhere with a high chance of being snowed in at any point, it kind of gave me No Exit vibes at points! While I found all of the characters extremely annoying, I felt this book had promise, but the further I got into the story, the less I liked it and just wanted it to be over. Although Karen Cass did a superb job with the narration, the book would have benefited from multiple narrators since it unfolded from multiple POVs.

The Other Wife by Claire McGowan | Goodreads

Characters shifted without an introduction and many times it was difficult to discern who was saying what. After finding Richard dead, a huge problem arises. Their insurance agent has discovered that Richard had given his policy to another woman! ....... Claire Anderson who he happened to be married to as well.FOR THE EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW I DID WITH THE AUTHOR, FOLLOW THIS LINK: http://twentythreeowls.blogspot.sg/20...

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment