276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Samsung Galaxy A12, all carriers, 64gb, SIM Free Android Smartphone Black (UK Version) (Renewed)

£59.945£119.89Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

UK and Europe Zone data usage only. Data used while outside of our Europe Zone is not included. Applies if a data bundle Bolt On is not chosen. 5. Calls to customer services These gut impressions are confirmed by the benchmarks. As you can see in the graph below, Geekbench 5 has it performing quite a bit worse than all the rivals I highlighted in the beginning, but it’s an especially poor performer compared to the three Chinese branded handsets – two of which use a superior MediaTek chip.

Yes, you can. Choose from any of our pre-built plans or customise your own to create the best fit for you. Samsung A14 comes with a 5000mAh (typical) battery with fast-charging capability, keeping you going wherever you go. The other camera modes are fine as far as they go, but aren’t the kind of thing you’ll turn to often. Still, should you ever want to take a close-up shot of a 5p piece as I did below, you’ll get decent results. Display Size: Measured diagonally, the screen size is 6.5" in the full rectangle and 6.4" accounting for the rounded corners. Actual viewable area is less due to the rounded corners and the camera cutout.Memory size - User memory is less than the total memory due to storage of the operating system and software used to operate the phones features. The Galaxy A12 is outfitted with a massive 5,000 mAh battery that lasts around a full day with daily use. It doesn't support wireless charging, but with wired fast charging it fills up in around 2 hours when depleted. The most underwhelming aspect of the phone is its MediaTek MT6765 Helio P35 processor. Unfortunately, combined with the entry-level configuration that features 3GB of RAM, the phone can get stuttery even with relatively demanding applications. Of course, one shouldn't expect a high level of performance from a cheap smartphone like this, but it should be noted regardless. Although for simple daily tasks it's acceptable. Cameras Much of that is down to the outstanding things other manufacturers are doing on a budget, but Samsung’s entry-level handsets have been able to hold their own in the past. It’s hard not to pin the disappointment entirely on the MediaTek Helios MT6765. Exynos and Qualcomm handsets never felt this sluggish. Network: The bandwidths supported by the device may vary depending on the region or service provider. The Samsung Galaxy A12 captures video at 30fps in 1080p or 720p – there’s no 60fps option for either and, clearly from the footage I captured, no attempt at stabilisation either. Video of me walking through a park was just too bumpy to be usable, and swift pans also temporarily turned the footage into a blur fest. In short, this isn’t one for wannabe filmmakers. Samsung Galaxy A12 review: Verdict

Change your airtime tariff after 30 days and then once every billing month during your minimum contract period, choosing from a selected family of tariffs. Some tariff extras are only available on the starting tariff, are not transferable, and may be lost if you change to an ineligible tariff. Devices are subject to availability. The Samsung A14 screen sizes comes in at 6.6 inches with top quality 1080×2408 resolution, so whether you're looking to binge watch your favourite shows or enjoy scrolling through socials, the Samsung A14 has you covered.The Samsung Galaxy comes with a high performance triple camera, ultra powerful Octa-core processor and fast-charging battery - helping you do it all and do it for longer. The 8MP (f/2.2) front-facing camera is good enough for selfies and video calls. By default, it has ‘beautification’ options enabled (centre) which are more subtle than some, but can be turned off completely (left) or maxed out (right). As ever, max out at your own risk, because to me the results look anything but natural. The 6.5-inch edge-to-edge screen featured on the Galaxy A12 makes it an appropriate model for users that prefer big screens but don't like dishing out high prices that are usually associated with these models. Combined with the four lenses on the rear side, the phone gives off a relatively premium feel at the first impression. However, this feeling goes away as soon as you touch its plastic body, operate its slow processor and interact with its 720 x 1,600-pixel resolution LCD display during your daily tasks. Battery Life and Performance UK calls/texts to standard UK landlines and mobiles and when roaming in our Europe Zone. Fair Usage policy applies. Special and out of bundle numbers chargeable.4G phone required to access 4G. 4G available in selected areas. That said, the Galaxy A12 does suffer from the same problem plenty of budget handsets do, which I assume is exacerbated by the poor performance of its MediaTek processor. It’s what I euphemistically call ‘the cat problem’:

You also shouldn’t expect miracles of composition as soon as the light levels drop. As these pictures of my garden at sunset show, as soon as the light goes, so does the image quality, with plenty of noise and blur replacing the crisp detail of the daylight shots. This is a problem that all phone cameras face, to be clear, and the Samsung Galaxy A12 isn’t the worst offender by a long shot.RPI: Each year your Airtime Plan will be increased by the Retail Price Index (RPI) rate of inflation announced in February plus 3.9%. If RPI is negative, we’ll only apply the 3.9%. You’ll see this increase on your April 2024 bill onwards. Find out more at o2.co.uk/prices. Virtual Proximity Sensing : Sensing proximity information by using software without proximity sensor. Frankly, I don’t think I’m alone in preferring phones with just one really good camera like the Pixel 4a, rather than needing to keep up with the Joneses with barely used peripheral lenses. But regardless, the Samsung Galaxy A12 has four: a 48MP (f/2.0) main camera, supported by a 5MP (f/2.2) ultra-wide lens and two 2MP (f/2.4) snappers for depth-sensing and macro photography. This basic performance is mirrored in the graphical tests with GFXBench, where the Samsung Galaxy A12 managed a paltry 19fps in the native 720p resolution, and just 12fps when output to 1080p. Given the Realme 7 and Poco X3 NFC manage around four times the frames at that resolution, I think we can say that’s simply not good enough for the price. The Redmi Note 9T is sadly missing here as GFXBench refused to run, but it would be surprising if it ran worse, given its Geekbench 5 score. Battery Capacity: Typical value tested under third-party laboratory condition. Typical value is the estimated average value considering the deviation in battery capacity among the battery samples tested under IEC 61960 standard. Rated (minimum) capacity is 4,900mAh. Actual battery life may vary depending on network environment, usage patterns and other factors.

The Samsung A14 features a high quality main triple camera (50MP, 5MP, 2MP) and front camera (13MP), helping you capture stunning shots from every angle. Basically, the delay between pressing the shutter button and a picture being taken means that anything that’s prone to any kind of sudden movements – think birds, babies, cats or dogs – will almost inevitably be a blurry mess by the time the phone finishes capturing the image. It’s here in spades. The Galaxy A12 comes with a 6.5in PLS display (basically Samsung’s IPS-like panel) with a resolution of 720 x 1,600, giving you approximately 264 pixels per inch. And while this may be some way short of Full HD experiences that you can get for the price, even with the large panel it looks perfectly sharp in day-to-day use. Applies to calls made in in the UK and when roaming in our Europe Zone to standard landlines and mobiles. Minute minimum charges apply 2. Text message Bought 2 years ago, it is still a smartphone that can keep up with the current models. It doesn't always have to be the latest and most expensive smartphone. I do not miss any function. The battery lasts all day (5000 mAh). It has enough memory (64 gb) for numerous apps. I have installed a lot of apps and it still works smoothly and relatively fast (4 RAM memory). If it slows down, you should run the memory cleanup and optimisation under Device Maintenance. Very good photos for the price (with 4 lenses, main camera with 48MP). With the macro camera you can shoot detailed photos. For example, I was able to photograph a bumblebee in flight to the flower and it looks like a professional. The selfie camera with 8MP is okay. The display is big enough at 6.5 inches, so I often stream videos and movies on it. Only that the display is broken after 1 fall despite armor film, annoys me (also with previous Samsung phones).As you might guess from the narrow aperture and the low price of entry, photography on the Galaxy A12 is a mixed bag. In bright conditions, photos are quite good, with a decent composition and enough detail to be worthwhile. Yes, you can certainly do better by spending more money, but the pictures are clear enough for sharing, and you can get good results in the right conditions. Right out of the box, the phone feels sluggish with stuttery animations and apps that take a couple of seconds to open. Granted, it does catch up with itself after a period of use, but it’s certainly not ideal for multitasking, despite the relatively generous 4GB of RAM it’s endowed with. Calls to 05, 08 and 07 special numbers including calls and texts to Jersey, Guernsey and Isle of Man landline or mobiles Actual user memory will vary depending on the mobile phone operator and may change after software upgrades are performed. It’s not all bad in the performance charts, though: the one area where the hardware really shines is in efficiency, with the 5,000mAh battery managing a whopping 25hrs 58mins in our looped video battery test.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment