276°
Posted 20 hours ago

JUNO & Co. Clean 10 Cleansing Balm 10 Ingredients Makeup Remover 85g / 3.0oz

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Though cleansing balms are inherently more moisturizing than, say, gel cleansers, they can still be a great option for all skin—not just dry types. If you have oily or acne-prone skin, look for cleansing balms with lightweight oils, like jojoba oil and safflower oil, as well as gentle exfoliants like AHAs and BHAs, says Dr. Fahs, to help keep pores clear. Thankfully it doesn’t leave any greasiness of the oil (which is why I normally don’t really like oil-based products, I hate a greasy feeling) and takes off all your makeup, SPF and dirt easily. Cleansing balms in general are great for people with dry skin due to their hydrating formulas, but they’re certainly not all created equal. While some have drier, more crumbly textures, others—like this one—are richer and more oily. Formulated with a blend of nourishing oils, like avocado, jojoba, and clove leaf oils, it’s no surprise that this formula is pretty oily on the skin. Cleansing and makeup removal are likely the most tedious steps in your skincare routine—but find a great cleansing balm, and suddenly you’ll trade several minutes of harsh scrubbing for just a moment of gentle cleansing. Yep, you heard that right—you can combine two steps in one (kind of), to painlessly remove a day’s worth of makeup and grime. Key ingredients: Vitamin E (antioxidant), bamboo leaf extract (moisturizing), ethylhexyl palmitate (emollient)

This product helped me with my oily skin, which is interesting to me because [I wouldn’t expect to] fight oily skin with a slightly oily feeling product,” she says. “After cleansing, my skin felt so smooth and soft. Usually, it feels tight after washing it with my normal cleanser, but with this, there was no tightness — just soft, supple skin,” she marvels. The best part? It’s super hydrating, too. “I have dry skin — like, DRY, dry skin,” our tester says. “I haven't tried many cleansers that don't leave me feeling stripped (yes, even cleansing balms), but this one left me feeling soft with some of the most minimal drying that I've ever experienced. I'm a huge fan.” This cleansing balm is incredibly well-loved in the beauty community, and its popularity is absolutely justified. The most notable thing about it is its heavenly texture—it’s like a hybrid of a solid balm and a cream, making it both pillowy soft, and workable. It’s formulated with a blend of nine different hydrating oils, ensuring that it won’t strip the skin of moisture as it does its job.One thing to note, though, is that because it’s infused with so many essential oils, it does feel a bit oily. Our tester has oily, acne-prone skin and enjoyed using it, albeit sparingly. She thinks it's best suited for those with normal to dry skin. IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Makeup 3-in-1 Makeup Melting Cleansing Balm is infused with brightening vitamin C and rosehip oil to not only cleanse the complexion, but boost it, too. So beyond removing makeup like a dream, it also minimizes dullness so you look glowy after each use. It starts to dissolve your makeup right after you start gently massaging the product with circular motions into the skin. Even the most natural scents can cause irritation if they’re not truly natural, or if they’re the byproduct of ultra-strong essential oils. With that in mind, consider your complexion and how it reacts before opting for a product that has a notable scent. Generally speaking, no scent is the best scent. On our list, Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm, Paula's Choice Omega+ Complex Cleansing Balm, Neutrogena Makeup Remover Melting Balm, and Juno & Co. Skin Clean 10 Cleansing Balm are unscented.

I love makeup just as much as the next beauty writer, but I sincerely hate taking it off at night. Knowing that my friendly dermatologist would verbally eviscerate me for sleeping with mascara on, I decided long ago that on the days when I knew I wouldn't have the energy to scrub away a full face of makeup, I just wouldn't wear any. No makeup, no problems, right? As for ingredients to avoid, people with certain skin conditions and sensitivities should be extra mindful when reading ingredient lists. "I would steer away from any cleansing balm with a heavy fragrance, lanolin, or coconut oil in it," advises Zinali. "The fragrance can cause irritation (especially on the eyes), and the lanolin and coconut oil can clog the pores." If you have dry skin, sensitive skin, or rosacea, you may want to avoid ingredients such as alcohol, artificial fragrance, sodium lauryl sulfate, or menthol, adds Dr. Mislankar. These ingredients are additives that could be irritating if you already have a compromised skin barrier, she says.Paula's Choice Omega+ Complex Cleansing Balm is a step above for a few reasons: For starters, it comes in a squeeze tube, which makes it more convenient than most of the other cleansing balms on this list. Additionally, it’s fragrance-free, so it’s very gentle, making it great for all skin types, but especially those that are more sensitive/reactive. Rennie Dyball is an award-winning author who began her career at PEOPLE in 2002 as a reporter and remained on staff as a writer and editor until 2017; she now regularly freelances for the brand. She covers a wide range of topics from beauty to pets to housewares. This balm is delivered differently than others we tested as it comes in a tube rather than your typical pot. When first applied, it has the consistency of a gel-cream moisturizer, but as it's rubbed in, it has a clear, buttery texture that melts down into the skin, despite being completely oil-free. While many people prefer to double-cleanse (using a cleanser following a balm), this product is effective enough to be used alone if desired. After use, the skin looks not only clean and free of makeup but also has a a nice sheen to it. Our only complaint: we wish it came in a larger size, as we can see ourselves reaching for this product every single day, whether we're wearing makeup or not.

It removed some oiliness but did not strip my skin or make it feel dry and taut,” she assures us. In fact, she says that it works so well that she feels it performs perfectly on its own, ridding the need for a double cleanse. “My skin looks and feels great after using this,” she marvels. “I feel like I've done no damage to my skin since I barely even needed to scrub.” One thing she points out, though, is that it does have a faint floral scent. So, sensitive-nosed skincare lovers, beware. We created the PEOPLE Tested seal of approval to help you find the very best products for your life. We use our unique methodology to test products in three labs across the country and with our network of home testers to determine their effectiveness, durability, ease of use, and so much more. Based on the results, we rate and recommend products so you can find the right one for your needs. Yes! That’s one of the biggest perks of cleansing balm. “A cleansing balm will not irritate your eyes like a traditional soap,” Dr. Hammerman explains. In fact, since cleansing balms are made with oils designed to lift away other oils, dirt, and debris, they actually tend to be the most effective on the most stubborn makeup. “With the formulation, it can be more effective at removing waterproof sunscreen, and waterproof and heavy-duty makeup than a traditional cleanser,” board-certified dermatologist ​​Jenny Liu, MD, adds. Just be sure to fully rinse away the balm post-use to avoid any potential irritation from lingering oils, Tavernise says.

Effectiveness aside, this cleansing balm comes in a tube, which makes it convenient for daily use as well as during travel. You don’t need a little spatula to scoop it out — just squeeze and go.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment