276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Games Workshop - Warhammer 40,000 - Combat Patrol: Aeldari

£44.25£88.50Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

In this strategy guide, I am going to run you through the general tactical differences between 500pt and 2000pt games, how to think about list-building at the 500 point level, and then provide a single sample list drawn exclusively from the models in the “Combat Patrol’ box. Although this particular roster is not as highly competitive as others you might build with access to the full range of models, the Combat Patrol box set is by far the most cost-effective way to get into Craftworlds, and its contents are more than sufficient for midrange competitive play. Also, GW mentioned the Thousand Sons and the Grey Knights boxes will hit shelves in March 2022, so look for those very soon! Then there’s the Crusade section, which is a cool way to grow and develop your army as you play games, as units earn experience and gain new skills and armaments. Tell epic stories of conflict and triumph as you blood a force of fresh troops and mould them into hardened veterans armed with legendary relics of war.

As our only HQ we’ve kitted him out a bit. He has the Kournous’ Bow relic which replaces his standard Shuriken Pistol. It gives him 6″ of extra range to 18″ as well as an additional 2 shots on the Shuriken Pistol’s 1. With a pip more strength means it’ll hit on 2’s and wound Space Marines on 3’s, but with added benefit that any successful wounds are mortal wounds (MW). To put it more simply: you win this game by scoring points, so when you build a list for competitive play, you should start by considering exactly how you are going to do so. I already mentioned earlier some of my own favorite secondary objective options, so I will not do so again here- just be sure you have a plan for how you can reliably get to at least 30 points for secondaries. The board is so small in 500pt games that melee units, even slow melee units have no trouble reaching combat on turn 2. If your opponent has claws and teeth and swords at her disposal, your forward-most objective holders are going to be tangling with them turn 2. Also, because melee units fight on both players turns, their damage output is significantly higher than that of shooting units once they are engaged. What are you going to do about 10 Genestealers or some terminators with axes the size of a Volkswagen Beatle? Where to go from here? Expanding your Aeldari army post this box set could involve adding the Avatar of Khaine or the Yncarne as powerful and intimidating centrepieces. An Autarch Wayleaper makes for a brilliant character addition, thanks to its Lone Operative rule and Command Point generation capabilities. Falcons and Wave Serpents are excellent transport options, while Fire Prisms can add heavy firepower and range, making your force a threat from all distances. As the Cicatrix Maledictum tore the galaxy in two, the Greater Daemon of Khorne emerged into realspace, declaring that only he could eradicate the Blood Angels. Trapped between a bloodthirsty daemonic horde and an all-devouring xenos swarm, the Blood Angels seemed to have gone out of the frying pan and into the fire (which is just how a Haruspex likes its Space Marines to be cooked).Plenty of Boarding Patrol boxes are coming to join the fun – but the starfaring Aeldari are masters of sailing through the void, and their spiky cousins are no strangers to raiding stranded vessels and even space hulks. Boarding Patrol: Eldar You don't need enough heavy weapons fire to be able to eliminate a Tyranid Hive Tyrant in a single turn, but you should have some way to damage robust units at range. Brightlances and D-Cannons can be highly efficient here, but so is high volume small arms fire if you cast DOOM on the target or GUIDE in a list making use of the custom Craftworld trait, “Hail of Doom.” Honestly, the way the game stands at the moment volume of fire combined with GUIDE or DOOM tends to be the most optimal approach for target elimination, partially because squads using this approach can threaten any target in the game- large units of Dire Avengers are especially good at this. A: It’s easy. If it were me, I would take the Custom Craftworld traits “Children of Morai-Heg” and “Hunters of Ancient Relics,” because those are clearly what the designers actually had in mind narratively for my Craftworld, (Iybraesil,) and those happen to not be remotely competitive. But with this list you can really take anything that ISN’T Hail of Doom, Masterful Shots, or Children of Prophecy. As for the Farseer powers, I would swap EXECUTIONER for MIND WAR, and then decide whether or not it is reasonable to hang onto GUIDE; it probably is unless your opponent’s list is tragically squishy. You may also want to consider not starting the Guardians in the Webway if your opponent is not an experienced player. Shroud Runners are a new unit. They are basically Pathfinders on Jetbikes. I’m honestly a little hesitant to include them for our theme… but a unit of 3 isn’t too much of a break from theme. And it scratches that “new unit” vibe. For only 105 points a unit isn’t going to break the point bank. Enter Roboute Guilliman – the ideal nemesis for a Bloodthirster who loves fighting Primarchs and an alien species that took a bite out of Macragge. Accompanied by the forces of the Indomitus Crusade, the Lord Commander cleared Baal of Tyranids… for now.

Earlier today, we unveiled the incredible new Tyranids codex – but you can’t devour an entire galaxy without some hungry mouths to feed. Fortunately, the Norn-Queens have been hard at work splicing together a new Combat Patrol box, which is ideal whether you’re brand new to the Tyranids or have been on board since Hive Fleet Behemoth was first sighted.* Travelling Players will allow anyone with existing Harlequin armies to supplement them with more straightforward Asuryani or Drukhari forces, it’s easier than ever to find a place in your collection for some of the wildest and most acrobatic miniatures in the Aeldari range. They deploy a combination of powerful psykers who read the skeins of fate to predict the outcome of combat, soldiers who have walked martial paths that grant them skills beyond human ken, hardy walking constructs piloted by the souls of long-dead warriors, and lightning-fast anti-gravity bikes and tanks. There are three sets of “subfactions” in Drukari: Kabals, Wych Cults, and Haemonculus Covens. Each has a unique set of units that it can bring, including an HQ unit, a Troops unit, and a few other choices depending on the faction. There’s also “Blades for Hire” units – Incubi, Mandrakes, and Scourges – which don’t belong to any particular subfaction.

Recommended Steps

Personally, if I was starting a new army, I’d get two and stop there. For a Combat Patrol it’s a pretty strong box — it’s got a bunch of more “generic” options that can really fit into any army. Alternatively you can buy a couple and go hard into the Windrider builds. Aeldari warriors emulate the various warlike aspects of Khaela Mensha Khaine in battle, but each Craftworld holds a terrible secret in its heart. There is a chamber which contains an Avatar of Khaine, a molten metal statue which contains a still-living shard of the defeated warrior god. In times of war, this shard is awakened and set aflame. This colossus of battle bestrides the battlefield, a living god that scythes down its foes by the score. Wraithlord Let us know in the comments of our Facebook Hobby Group, or our new Discord server, and make sure you enter the latest monthly giveaway for FREE today!

The greatest strength of Combat Patrol: Aeldari is its flexibility. Assemble your infantry as Storm Guardians and give the Wraithlord a ghostglaive to punch right through fortified enemy lines, or muster a squad of Guardian Defenders with a mobile Heavy Weapons Platform to hold the ground claimed by your blistering bikers. After years of looking at the starter sets – I have to say I am really, really impressed with this one. Let’s Break it down: Best Secondary Options: Behind Enemy lines, Raise Banners, Warp Ritual, Grind Them Down, Hidden Path In conclusion, the Aeldari Combat Patrol box earns a solid 7/7 for its harmonious unit selection and the strategic depth it offers. Though the Aeldari may not be the most durable, they more than make up for it with their psychic abilities, speed, and grace, making them a rewarding and engaging faction to master. For the Craftworlds!With the advent of 9th Edition, at long last the “Start Collecting” range phaseout began with the Combat Patrol line taking its place. These were a little pricier, but again the discount was variable. Enter the Drukhari Arguably, Vypers and Walkers are the MOST efficient units at 500pts and both continue to be highly valuable in two thousand point play making them an excellent starting point for a collection.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment