276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Motorola MA1 Wireless Android Car Adapter - Instant Connection from Smartphone to Car Screen with Easy Setup - Direct Plug-in USB Adapter - Secure Gel Pad Included

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Once I have the MA1 I'll come back with info on performance and Battery drain, although I expect all the devices will be much the same. The LED light should begin pulsing green, and wireless Android should appear on your car display within 90 seconds. I do like that it doesn't leave residue, only it also struggles to stick to textured surfaces, which are pretty common in dashboards and vehicle interiors.

While the dongle has been immensely popular in the US, it was never made available to other markets. The Motorola MA1 is a solution to a problem that has plagued Android Auto for a while: Despite being available since 2018, wireless Android Auto support is rare. The Android robot is reproduced or modified from work created and shared by Google and used according to terms described in the Creative Commons 3.

I'm pretty sure I read that the US Tucson has wireless AA, I'm not sure about the screen size, I just assumed it would be on the 10. What's even better is that, despite the slower startup, the rest of the Android Auto experience doesn't feel any different. I also tried it without the case yesterday and it did the switching green to amber light, just the same.

I am considering something like this as I cannot stand wires, and plugging it in all the time is a bit of a faff! The Motorola MA1 sports a low-profile industrial design for drivers who want to experience a seamless wireless connection but do not have the factory-supplied technology that allows them to do so.I found yesterday that the charger in the car was flicking from amber to green constantly, regardless of how I positioned the phone. But consider having your device "forget" the legacy bluetooth connection to the car stereo as that may interfere with each other. The Motorola MA1 does exactly what it promises to do, offering wireless Android Auto support in cars that don’t have that capability. I have a similar Dongle but iPhone and when I’m using the it wirelessly it disconnects from the wireless charging pad and the reason is the phone over heats and gets hot because it’s connecting wirelessly through the dongle and there must be a safety setting in the car to disconnect. One thing I didn't have a chance to try is to see how the device works in tandem with an in-car Wi-Fi hotspot.

If the above steps do not resolve your issue, then take the following steps to completely reset your connection. On top of that, the dongle design offers a bit of flexibility on where the adapter sits in your car, without losing any performance in the process. Navigate through the 'Welcome to Android Auto' screens on your car display, as if you were connecting for the very first time. That all changed with the arrival of wireless Android Auto dongles, and the Motorola MA1 dongle was pitched as the “easy” version, with a dead-simple experience and direct backing from Google.Adapter compatibility depends on the automaker's specific implementation of USB and Android Auto; contact your vehicle manufacturer if you are unsure. Also in the box is a small foam sticker, which can be used to attach the puck to any number of surfaces in your car.

Read more about the condition New: A brand-new, unused, unopened and undamaged item in original retail packaging (where packaging is applicable). Only other thing was I had to change my phone case to a slightly thinner one to have reliable wireless charging.

MBClub UK is in no way affiliated with Mercedes-Benz, DaimlerChrysler or any of their respective trademarks. The key difference with the Motorola MA1 is that it’s the first dongle to be certified by Google for use with wireless Android Auto, though that distinction isn’t necessarily meaningful at this point. USB is a message packet protocol and the original spec permitted up to 127 daisy chained devices, that's an awful lot of connections to the last device.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment