276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Mark of the Fool: A Progression Fantasy Epic

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Ah, my friend! You are just in time for what is not my last stand!” the warrior stabbed a blazing sword through a tiashiva, blowing it to bits. This book is a change of pace from the prior books with less studying and slice of life and more hands on action — to mixed results. One of the things I liked the most was that this wasn't a solo adventure where the MC embarks on a journey, goes to magic school and make friends. No he already had friends, he's taking his 10 year old little sister along, his best friend (which he has romantic feelings for) and her three-headed dog that doesn't like him. The feelings are hinted at, and isn't a very big part of the first book but might be in the future. It's also hinted at that it's reciprocated, but the MC has just turned 18 and they grew up together. It's a very classical tale of "young love being too embarrassed to say anything that'd change the status quo". Exactly four hundred and fifty gold coins: the entire wealth of the Roth family after the fire had reduced their alehouse to rubble. The parent’s estate had been liquidated, placed into the town trust, and held until their first born child reached adulthood and could claim it under common law. The baker made a choking noise before stomping across the disaster zone, jabbing his key into his strong box, ripping it open and whipping two dull coins into Alex’s chest.

Mark of the Fool 4: A Progression Fantasy Epic Kindle Edition

The contents of the Wanderer's Journal include images and descriptions drawn and written by Ellina detailing a variety of enemies, characters, and environments. The main descriptions are typed out and are accompanied by Ellina's "quotes" - which are written out in a handwriting style font. Calm yourself.” Kaz-Mowang snorted, rolling his eyes. “Remember, I’m trying to capture you, not kill you. What happened with your orc friend was unfortunate, as most accidents are,” his eyes were focused on the swiftling cradled under the pazuzite’s arm. Yes…father!’ The golem’s excitement bled through their link, and the young wizard felt his power gathering. I loved the take of refusing a call from your god to one of the chosen ones. I also loved the fact that it's crystal clear the author is currently doing some kind of high learning degree and he is focusing on random aspects like lab safety and professor politics. Dreamshield provides protection (albeit not very reliable) against most forms of projectiles. It also gives additional reach while standing on platforms or clinging to walls, which is particularly helpful for the floor-less section.

After his parents died, Alex Roth had one desire: become a wizard. Through hard work, he was accepted into the University of Generasi, the world’s greatest academy of wizardry… And some of those gains have definitely been his friends. Khalik, Thundar, and Isolde don't have the personal ties to Thameland, but they're just as invested in this expedition because of him. I like the friendships they have between them, and how they're all clearly distinct and different, but that's part of why they're so good as a group. This thing turned out to be better than I expected. There is a surprising balance of wisdom derived from life experience and youthful exuberance bubbling from hope and optimism. There are not two things a writer usually has both of. Alex flew toward them, planning to take advantage of Ripp’s distraction…when a huge mana shift fanned out. This wave starts with 1 Garpede crawling down in the centre. Before it reaches The Knight, the walls open a bit. Then Garpedes crawl down in pairs (except the 5th which crawls down solo), leaving The Knight just enough space to survive each wave.

Mark of the Fool - Goodreads

After his parents died, Alex Roth had one desire: become a wizard. Through hard work, he was accepted into the University of Generasi, the world’s greatest academy of wizardry... Kill 1 Squit, then wait for the Primal Aspid to spawn and take care of it before killing the other Squit. The worst attempt I’ve ever seen,” Paul groaned as he lifted himself from the fountain. “But, if he’s willing to try something that stupid, then maybe we should take a look. Last thing we need is for some bigwig to turn all green in the face and keel over. Come on, Peter.” The last of the Heroes, and the least of them. None who had borne the Fool’s mark had left much of an impression in legend. Many had died. Others disappeared. Some had even betrayed the very party they had been chosen for.This street was usually one of the last to go dark. The Bear’s Bowl tavern would usually be spitting out drunken, brawling farmhands by now. As Alex passed by, the entire building was already dark and silent. The Lu Family inn would have firelight and laughter booming as the last diners finished up for the night, yet now there was only a small light burning through the shuttered windows. No guests could be heard. Primal Aspids, in any situation, are a grave threat, so kill them as fast as possible, either using Great Slash, Dash Slash or Shade Soul upgraded by Shaman Stone.

Mark of the Fool: A Progression Fantasy Epic Kindle Edition

After that rough beginning though, the story glistened. While the dungeon fight was a cut & paste job, the battle at the windmill was clever, creative, and novel. There was just a hint of repetition, but it was done deliberately with a nod to the Mark in the process. Which is why it ended up getting its full four stars. The progression of Alex's skills is well thought out and logically developed. There is a glimmer of hope (to be played out in the next book?) that It wants me to think an extremely broken cheat skill is actually a demerit, but never does anything to make me believe that. He rounded the corner onto the street he lived on and his eyes narrowed. The sun was setting: he had spent the day at the magistrate’s office, wading through more paper than he’d ever seen at the church’s school. Then he’d gone to spend time at his parents’ graveside. Now, he was on his way home, planning to break the news of his future plans to the Lu family. The initial plot hook is intriguing. A hero that runs? Quite unusual. The first few chapters are engaging, and we can't wait to get into the actual world-building, and fleshing out the mythology of this world... Using the last of his staff’s magic, he grabbed a piece of waybread from the bag, then cast invisibility on himself and muttered the incantation for Call Through Ice.

About

What could have been an intriguing series opener turned out to be an average outing because of uneven pacing and some unnecessary chapters As it passed, Alex spied what he was looking for: two guardsmen sitting on the side of the fountain. They were bleary-eyed from the night watch, and squinted at Alex as he strolled up as light-footed as a pleased cat. The author is clearly talented. The writing, dialogue and ideas are all good. But the pacing after they reach the wizard school is terrible to an extend that almost made me dnf. Following our MC get stronger and better the same way (hard work and a cheat sheet called the Mark) is just boring. All of the characters are robots that just work, work, work. There are no stakes since the Mark will make sure that the MC will overcome everything and, unsurprisingly, a universty and perfect recall is a perfect match. Boring.

Mark of the Fool light novel online Lightnovels.live - read Mark of the Fool light novel online

The Fool—according to all Alex’s teachers—had nothing to offer anyone, save for a nominal but necessary service to the Heroes. Uldar’s Prophecies called those that bore the mantle necessary, but history had suggested otherwise. You’re trying to pay us to get a service done for you. It’s a bribe. One where you might not get what you want, so it’s a stupid bribe.” All in all it's a good story, but bear in mind you are going to learn a lot about student life and jump from feel good slice of life chapters to plot changing ones with no warning. So. No story arc at the end. No climax. And no resulting satisfaction. The only reason this gets such a high score is because up until the non-structured ending, it was a superb YA book.

Follow Us On

However, at the very end of the novel, when Ellina plans to leave the kingdom, she does catch a glimpse of the Knight as she's returning to the surface. Overhead, the greater demon still struggled with Ripp as air elementals zapped his flanks with lightning bolts. The swiftling sped around his shoulders, using his daggers like spikes while rolling away from Kaz-Mowang’s trident and outstretched claws.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment