276°
Posted 20 hours ago

MERCURY T320 Network Handheld Radio,Black,4G/WiFi

£117.915£235.83Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Again, I don’t see the relevance… I suspect this is due to your misunderstanding of what a network radio is. Does a person need to have any real technical know how to key up on a MD380 ? No… They don’t… But depending on how and what they want to use it on they might… A bit like network radio really.. ;-) The T320 is a handheld unit. It’s basically an Android mobile with a PTT button. It has an excellent battery life and a loud speaker. Inrico T320 Network Radio Handheld In its current form, Network Radios is a method of communication used by licensed Amateurs and non-Licensed Amateurs. There are various options, but the two main ones use apps written for the mobile phone platform. It can become problematic when the integrated database is no longer supplied with updates. Therefore, it can happen that stations are no longer available. For receiving radio stations over the internet, you do not necessarily need an internet radio device. But it will have it’s uses particularly in business for PMR like communication and for those people not interested in the technical side of amateur radio who just want to talk. That is, until you use up all your data allowance.

For internet radio, an internet connection between the transmitter and the receiver, is actually necessary. So-called streaming servers are used for this purpose. The receivers or listeners connect directly to these servers via the streaming URL. The capacity of a server always has a technical limit, called slots, so the number of simultaneous listeners is limited. In contemporary two-way radio systems a concept called trunking is commonly used to achieve better efficiency of radio spectrum use and provide very wide-ranging coverage with no switching of channels required by the mobile radio user as it roams throughout the system coverage. Trunking of two-way radio is identical to the concept used for cellular phone systems where each fixed and mobile radio is specifically identified to the system controller and its operation is switched by the controller. We loved the original Revo SuperConnect internet radio (below), but nearly a decade later, the stereo upgrade has taken things to new heights. The SuperConnect Stereo is a certified five-star performer in pretty much every department, serving up superb sound alongside sleek retro-modern looks and a whole raft of features and connectivity options. The Inrico TM-7 network radio is a fine mobile network Radio suitable for amateur radio use with the new IRN platform, for Zello, Team Speak 3 and Echolink via 3G or WiFi. And it works as WiFi hotspot too! Peter’s received audio was likewise crystal-clear from the front-facing M5 loudspeaker. Karl and Filip reported similar results and had nothing but positive feelings about the radio, while in use.

Tait TM9357 Tri-Mode Dual Head with Conventional / Encryption Services

Ask yourself what you want from Amateur Radio. If like me, you enjoy a QSO then does it matter how it happens? If like me, you enjoy learning a new technology, then give it a try. If like me, you love a new gadget, it’s perfect. Network radios» is a new concept in hamradio. No matter where you go, you can still be in touch with your ham friends. All you need is to connect to the IRN – International Radio Network, that functions as a gateway to the live RF world. The IRN offers a plenitude of channels across the world and it is free to use. However, you are required to hold a valid hamradio license if you want to transmit on hamradio channels, as your transmission will be heard on live repeaters. To make things more exciting, like in the old days, manufactures started to build Android Transceivers, where you can install apps like TS3, or Zello, that offer connectivity to the IRN. Such net transceivers, or network radios, come with a nice PTT button, so you just operate them as any conventional radio. But… Is this hamradio? Read this article. In the UK, the emergency services have a privileged, ‘top-tier’, access to the cell network and it is gradually being used more and more for emergency services’ and SAR communications. I feel that, for this reason, we can expect the network to become even more resilient. The Telo arrived professionally boxed with all accessories present and correct. It is designed, as so many of these devices are, for the professional market, using bespoke PTT software for business use. G6 Global supply many radios with such software. What I suspect many mean, is that network radios are not ‘traditional’ radios and do not use an ‘acceptable’ band, whatever is meant by that.

For non-licensed operators with a sim card you can chat like CB but with no interference on a one to one or open Chat. And this is how I would like to begin my first column: With a few thoughts on the nature of radio licensing, and how people sometimes seem to behave when they hold a licence. I am very happy with it and i am a ham radio op there is a new world to discover with this radio its just the finding them once you have then its all opened up for you We all use technology of different types to enhance our enjoyment of the hobby. Be it groups on Facebook, DX Cluster, WSPR, APRS etc, is this really any different? Try to see it as a bolt on to the hobby rather than a pretender to the throne. Come and join us and rediscover your love of Amateur Radio. You can actually use them as phones by the way. However, they are not quite as easy to use for calls or texts as a device specifically made for those purposes – in the same way, perhaps, that your mobile phone is not the best way to get the optimal network radio experience.

You may all have heard similar things in the course of our hobby. Is it condescending to talk down to people, simply based on the date their license was issued or on what privileges it bestows?

The Model One Digital Generation 2 looks for all the world like a "normal" radio, complete with fabric grille, antenna and real-wood finish, but don't be fooled. At its core, the Tivoli is a wi-fi radio, with DAB+/FM taking the reins and now, Chromecast, AirPlay 2 and Bluetooth connectivity its valuable passengers. I hope to be taking a closer look at IRN in a later column and, hopefully, talking to its founders and main protagonists. Network radios let users communicate on multiple Zello radio channels without the distance limitations of traditionaltwo way radios. By adding Zelloto mobile network radios, users can access the app’s extensive and established user base or opt to use the company’s privateradio networks with Zello, which offer the benefits of a configuration console, map history features, and message archives, among others. How To Get a Network Radio with Zello

Follow us

I would argue, however, that network radios simply represent a 21st Century form of communicating and are not ‘in competition’ with more ‘traditional’ radio as we have known it to date. Network radios use internet propagation, rather than natural propagation. Consequently, they are just different, that’s all!

Businesses have made use of two-way radios for many years. However, they have been restricted by coverage issues. PMR and LMR ultimately have a limited range, however many repeaters one uses.Q: Is an user of network radio goverened by the wireles telegraphy regulations for rf transmissions..NO Neither have an Amateur license but – dare I say – are often more knowledgeable than many who have. While you can access these networks freely via the internet, your voice could conceivably exit them on an Amateur RF band - therefore for many uses, an Amateur transmitting license will be necessary.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment