276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Murder in the Village

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Can Hillary find the murderer and will she survive a brush with one of Oxford’s most dangerous criminals?

It didn’t help that the investigation into the murder of the politician was quite boring, although Hillary’s private investigation was a bit more interesting.I really couldn't get into this book and I don't even have the energy to rehash the plot in my own retelling of it because there doesn't seem much point. Murder Village: An Improvised Whodunnit acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands upon which we work, live and perform, and pay our respects to elders past, present and emerging. I enjoyed the author’s police procedurals, so I was interested to see what she would do in this new series. A mix of thatched and old stone and slate cottages, it is home to local families and rich 'incomers' alike. More to the point was the subplot of whatever new Superintendent Raleigh is up to, culminating in the near-disastrous result of a raid on local crime boss Fletcher's house during a drug exchange with other criminals.

In this one, there is a murder in the village near where Hillary Greene lives, and not only does she get involved in that investigation, but her superiors involve her in another case, which proves to be very dangerous for her. Murder in the Village is the 4th in DI Hillary Greene series by Faith Martin and I really enjoyed this one. When Maggie and Laurent take a much needed vacation in Saint-Tropez they get much more than they bargained for as Laurent's criminal past reappears to remind them that past deeds are never forgotten for long. Murder Village’s cast of characters features vicars, schoolmarms, publicans, bakers, landed gentry and everyone in between. Hillary and her team interview possible witnesses, friends, acquaintances and relatives of Malcolm Dale.In fact I think that this series just gets better and better with each book that is released, but more about that in a bit. The book moved at a snail’s pace (I felt like I was traveling on a glacier to get to the resolution).

By completing your purchase, you agree to Audible's Conditions of Use and authorise Audible to charge your designated card or any other card on file. The series has some strong secondary characters, her young, eager Detective Constable Tommy Lynch and her insubordinate Sergeant, Janine, who is shacking up with her boss. When a fellow American is accused of killing the most popular patisserie owner in France, Jules just knows she has to help. The narrator did an excellent job of helping breathe more life into these well developed characters. Biography: Frances Evesham is the author of the hugely successful Exham-on-Sea mysteries set in her home county of Somerset.You can catch us at Perth Fringe World from February 13-18, then at Adelaide Fringe from March 4-10, then Melbourne Comedy Festival from March 26 to April 21, THEN at the Brisbane Comedy Festival on May 9-12. A good friend and ally for Hillary in her recent tribulations, he's determined to keep his best investigator focused on the problems at hand. I also find it increasingly irritating that her female sergeant Janine is always described as 'pretty blonde'.

The author really doesn’t respect the intelligence of her readers and just for this the book doesn’t deserve better than one star, but I have generously given it two.Then there were other little things like how both Belinda and Harry go poking around even in the police’s presence, or Harry’s being at a loss for explanations when a person is hurt because he’s only dealt with dead bodies—I mean he was a police detective not a coroner (also if this last instance was meant to be humorous, it didn’t really come across as that). On the personal side of things, Greene is recovering from a gun shot when she decides to investigate her new supervisor.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment