276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Amazing Story of Adolphus Tips

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Eventually Tips does find her way home again and Lily changes her name to Adolphus Tips, in honor of Adie. Lily is a typical kid, complaining to her diary about giving up her favorite candy for the war, sometimes forgetting to worry about her dad, giving her teacher a hard time ‘just because. In November 2016 Michael Morpurgo won the J M Barrie Award for his contribution to children’s literature. This award is given every year by Action for Children’s Arts to a “children’s arts practitioner” whose lifetime’s work has delighted children and will stand the test of time.

Michael's books have been translated into many languages including Chinese, Bulgarian and Hungarian, Hebrew and Japanese.Rich with historical detail and beautifully illustrated, this is a touching and inspirational portrayal of farming life and familial ties. Set against the backdrop of World War 2, and more particularly, the D-Day landing practices, it gives the reader an entirely unique and different perspective on the war, as it is told through the eyes of the twelve-year old Lily Tregenze, whose family was forced to leave their village to make way for the army exercises. I feel that this book can make learning about the war more personal in contrast to reading facts etc from text books.

A tragic episode during the Second World War is the basis for this novel by the former Children’s Laureate. There, they are told that they must all leave the area for a while because the beach and village are needed for the soldiers to practice landings at sea for the coming invasion of France. La guerra può essere conosciuta nei vari punti di vista che sono stati messi per iscritto negli anni, può essere vissuta tramite alcuni personaggi, può essere considerata in tanti modi.

To touch the lives of children, to witness their listening and reading silence, is reward enough in itself. Lo stile di scrittura scorrevole è il punto forte, perché rende il libro adatto ai piccoli e a tutte le età. The evacuation of Slapton was a real event, as was the torpedoing of the ships waiting to being the practice landings. I am making more of an effort to get through these books so that I can try and clear some of my backlog! I think this book is good for all ages because it shows the journey of ups and downs that Lily and Adolphus face together.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment