276°
Posted 20 hours ago

King of the Gypsies: Memoirs of the Undefeated Bareknuckle Champion of Great Britain and Ireland

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I thought it was exaggerated. I've asked other folk from down that way and they never heard of any of it. St Legers Day Massacre hahaha. He fell into a heap and made no attempt to get up. Knowing what I know about him now, I wish I had killed him." In 1997, mellowed if not softened by age, Bartley announced his retirement, declaring: “I’m too intelligent to fight.”

For the 2012 film The Dark Knight Rises, actor Tom Hardy revealed that he used Gorman's voice as one of the inspirations for the accent of Bane. [9] [10] Gorman has been cited as the main inspiration for professional wrestler Wade Barrett's finishing move, the Bull Hammer Elbow. Tommy Fury & Nathan Gorman on following brother Tyson and great uncle Bartley". 17 December 2018 . Retrieved 6 July 2019.

Choose Display Mode

Apologies Les l have the wrong. My Les lived in Mitcham and boxed as an amateur for Sir Philip Game and as l haven’t seen Les for 38 years hence the mistake. Cheers for posting. Although his grandfather and great-grandfather were gypsy boxing champs, his dad, Samuel, was deeply religious and shunned fighting. A. Pride and honour will always be there within the traveling community, each family will still want to be the top dog of an area, a borough and it will always be a means of settling feuds and arguments. In the next era of BKB when we have all

jerry Gorman. Are you following in Bartley’s footsteps on the cobbles or doing pro stuff. Seen ya bag work on you tube, nee bad. Does anyone no of any fighters around Manchester way? He even survived a brutal attempt on his life by a mob at Doncaster Races who were determined to end his reign. There is another fighter that was out there, His name was Benny (The jet). 200 and more wins and no losses. Anyone reading this look it up on the web. The great Gene Lebell coach him as well! Bartley would have met his match because this guy was solid! He reign supreme in the world for years! Then he said it again. I had no desire to be 'the guvnor', but he was beginning to get on my nerves. I miss the nights in the Sutherland Arms in Newcastle when we all used to get together, Bartley the Prices and me and my sons, sadly we'll never see the likes again, God blessjust watched Joe Joyce versus aney McGinley on you tube - what a load of rubbish even if they are getting on in years. They couldn’t have laced Bartley’s boots... it is true what you are saying the ufc fighters are the best style'? I’m a gypsy and a lot of gypsies know the ground work and have done for a long time!! I know off one famous gypsy fighter who fighted in the 60 who was well known for fighting on the ground but gypsies pride them selves all a fare go!! They challenge then go out and fight fare with a ref and shake hands after! I love the UFC but it hasn’t got the farness of a stand up fist fight!! As for Bartley well he was without doubt a good man! Was he king of the gypsies?? There’s a lot with that claim but he wrote a book lol....all the best... In January 2002, hundreds of gypsies from across the country came to the town for his funeral after he died from liver cancer, aged 57. Biography My mother is Theresa Sarah Gorman who married a gorger, John Bailey 35 years ago. I met Bartley a couple of times, but wish I had known him better. We went to his funeral and I couldn't believe the 100s of people that went. He was an admired and loved man. I am writing a book about the gypsy way of life and my family. I am proud of my heritage and want people to read about the good and great gypsies instead of the racism in the newspapers. If you knew my mother, or uncles and aunts (John, Joe, Biddy and Mary Gorman) and have any tales to tell for my book I would love to hear from you. If you have photos too - even better! How many people have you spoken to who ever saw Bartley Gorman fight? In fact, how much information do you have on Bartley Gorman that doesn't come out of his book? It's funny that now we have the technology freely available to record these fights, the great fighters of yesteryear have been replaced by a succession of semi-competent amateurs of very little real skill.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment