276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The God is Not Willing: The First Tale of Witness

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Nothing. I told you. He’s in the latrine.’ He paused. ‘In the latrine. Dropped that amulet his grandmother gave him.’‘The amulet with the inscription? The one that says kill this boy before he grows up? What kind of keepsake is that? Blanket’s not right in the head, you know." The Lord isn't slow about keeping his promises, as some people think he is. In fact, God is patient, because he wants everyone to turn from sin and no one to be lost. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. He hadn’t ever expected to return here. Not to a place where he’d twice pushed a spade into the earth, first to build a fort, and then to dig out a barrow, watching red-splashed friends being rolled into it. A soldier’s loyalty died to a thousand cuts, until it seemed there was no hope of finding it again – not to an empire, not to a commander, not even to a faith. He’d seen companions slip away, deserting, even among the famed Bridgeburners, too far gone and too alone in their heads to meet anyone’s eyes. He’d been damned close to that himself.

Meanwhile, in the high mountains, where dwell the tribes of the Teblor, a new warleader has risen. Scarred by the deeds of Karsa Orlong, he intends to confront his god, even if he has to cut a bloody path through the Malazan Empire to do it. Higher in the mountains, a new threat has emerged, and now the Teblor are running out of time.

Retailers:

The main characters are so many, some of my favorites are the marines( Stillwater, Spindle, Oams, Benger and many others. He should’ve done like the others, then, the few who were left. Just walked away. But he’d never been one to settle down anywhere. Not even the tempting delights of Darujhistan could hold him. Instead, he wandered, he circled, wondering what it was about loyalty that haunted him. The world building is out of this world, I love it. The writing is same as his other series, it’s great but as usual the story is told in more than ten perspectives. The POV switch was very well done. The fight scenes were well depicted and the friendship is so realistic. Despite the Malazans being soldiers and all, they are still compassionate, it reminds me of what they did in Capustan. I was scared that the marines here will be a rip off of the others but I was so wrong. If thou shalt do this thing, and God command thee so, then thou shalt be able to endure, and all this people shall also go to their place in peace. Oams reined in and dismounted. Hobbling the horse, he walked to meet his sergeant. ‘It was what you figured it would be, Spindle.’

I bring near my righteousness; it shall not be far off, and my salvation shall not tarry: and I will place salvation in Zion for Israel my glory. Regarding the audiobook version of his novels, Steven Erikson says, "Mostly, I'm not consulted on pronunciations, etc. That said, I did work with the reader for The God is Not Willing and by all accounts she was terrific." [15]Strong's 3956: All, the whole, every kind of. Including all the forms of declension; apparently a primary word; all, any, every, the whole. Oams turned to Benger marching silently beside him. “Benger, tell ‘em you healed me! Tell ‘em I’m not dead!”

Si. Ci siamo incontrati a distanza ravvicinata. Li ho insultati. Loro mi hanno insultata. Ho brandito la lancia. Mi hanno mostrato i loro culi nudi".

Fantasy Books Of The Year

the Lord is not slow in regard to the promise, as certain count slowness, but is long-suffering to us, not counselling any to be lost but all to pass on to reformation, I have found my two new favourite Malazan duo, Stillwater and Anyx Fro, two female marines who would stab you just for irritating them, had me laughing out loud with their witticisms, sarcasm and their out and out craziness. Ellicott's Commentary for English Readers(9) Third Answer--a practical one: Make good use of what to you seems to be delay. The Lord delayeth not his promise, as some imagine, but dealeth patiently for your sake, not willing that any should perish, but that all should return to penance.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment